Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 07:12:05
Page:  1 
Boston, A city bare. Started by: His on Jan 12, '13 12:02

Stepping onto an old soap box and catching a few eyes, a young lass speaks quietly

I'm not one to normally add my voice here, politics have become a little difficult to follow with my life being as it is, but it came recently to my attention that Boston, so recently added to our smuggling routes, is barren of a family of it's own, and that Detroit has been given a godfather as well.

So, here's a thought, Boston, we're told, will be cut off in the near future to our smuggling and as such we'll need to clear it of any residents, so here's an elegant solution; any one interested in building a small crew can start up in Boston.

Crews can be up to 10-15 members, no more.

When it comes time to leave Boston, total kill all war...

But with a twist, if/when a CL or one of his members kill another CL, the dead CL's members join his crew.

Last CL standing gets to choose a city to join and take his/her crew with them.

I know there are plenty of people who're gonna whine about how unfair this is. It's a game, one played with your life, or not at all. When life is on the line, all rules are darker, and anything goes.

Report Post Tip

I actually like this a bit. Normally I am completely against experiments and such, but I think it would be fun to watch 4 or 5 mini crews duke it out in a few weeks or so. But I think there would need to be clearer rules and structure on it.

Report Post Tip

Its certainly an interesting concept. One bereft of any real structure, though. It just doesn't work like that.

On top of that, such decisions are taken by the likes of Phil Steak, SammyGarcini, Revolve and of course DeadlySin. (Not really sure who is making the decisions in Chicago now), so for you to come out here and attempt to put the idea across to the masses, it does your idea no favours in my opinion. I would suggest you put such ideas through your Godfather in future to allow for those able to implement the idea a chance to actually consider it.

Report Post Tip

I'm thinking something along the lines of:

Build your crew up until they close the city, when they start closing the city then the war breaks out, there can only be one style.

I'm leaning towards all CL's must be newly made men with well protected status at best.

They're crew members must gain permission to join, or be new to the world [suicide and start over.]

First week or two are none violent... but after that, anything goes.

Report Post Tip

Tyrion, an idea should start somewhere, and busting into a busy godfathers office with ramblings isn't how it's done. If you've a place of power, sure you can talk to him, but unless your up there in things, you really shouldn't tell a GF how to run things, but i can however, suggest stuff here, where anyone can talk. I'm not being disrespectful, I'm putting things where they'll be seen and taken to the right ears.

I know this idea isn't structured, Its a thought, one I hope will be liked by someone in power, but I wont presume to write rules for something that the godfathers might not even consider, and might even have different plans in the hatching grounds, and in that thought leave it to them to place restraints on it, specially because it's their right to do so.

Report Post Tip

Im just curious as to how this would work. You said that they would have to be new, but to suicide and go join Boston which will close. You risk dieing again, and if you survive you MIGHT get a chance to start a crew somewhere? I don't think anyone in their right mind would want to die twice. And i doubt CL's want their member's to start suiciding to go off and play some competition. IF this is allowed im sure it would be for new member's to this world only, or to young gangster's. But as i said i think you should run this by a couple of CL's or Godfather's before starting a conversation on how it will be played. But i do like the idea, just with very different rules.

Report Post Tip

I personally love this idea. Granted, I don't have an iota of power so ultimately it doesn't matter but I've had a lot of caffeine today which tends to make it hard for me not to hold my tongue. Think maybe there was some liquor in that coffee too. Oh well.

Anyhow, this seems like the perfect thing for people who are restless or contemplating suicide already for various reasons(not myself, of course. I am quite happy with my place in life. In the shadows where I can hide and do things to His I won't share here. I digress, This would especially be perfect for people who perhaps for whatever reasons might be considering not having any children join us in this blissful and sometimes violent world. Give them a little inspiration.

Hopefully some of this made sense...

Hers runs off to refill his Irish coffee and then heads back to his lovely home and more importantly, his futon.

Report Post Tip

While Im not the shot caller around here, I can only hope to not see any more contest occur. These ideas have run their course and people have paid heavy heavy prices. Its time to see a more traditional route taken to fill Boston. Or at least that's what I would prefer. What shall happen, only time will tell.

Report Post Tip

iGoBerserk listen intently to all the people who spoke about this matter.

"I do agree with Alexander, a competition hurt not only the business of others, but also let the other young people who come to this shore to stay away from our society, I  suggest, why not make Boston a training camp. what i mean is lets make an event, a qualified leaders to try out their very best in the city while it is still open, let us give them some small crew that they can lead and train. with it we can evaluate the leaders build in Boston if they are fit to hold one crew in the future, if they are given such task."

iGoBersek leans on the post and wait for the others opinion.

Report Post Tip

While I think the idea is interesting and at least an idea has been thrown out publically into the streets..I am more for some less violence tactics as already the amount of space between our top players and everyone is already so far I hate to see pointless death from so many just to see a false sense of a crew that can be easily slaughtered at any point (kinda like a puppet) but then again that is how all the competitions have always been.. hell do anything with the city.. just dont leave it empty like the west coast was left for so long that it fell of the side of the earth.

The money is available.. the mobsters with rank.. the initiative and ideas are never lacking so I hope some expansion of some sorts can happen as the only thing holding it back is the people with the power to make it move forward

Report Post Tip

I do like the idea, though my only concern would be if I was a Godfather who is this random leader im letting come into my city to stay, I would only assume I have members of my own in my city that I would rather consider authing, people who have put blood and sweat into the city.

And then also from a members point of view, why is this guy whose done nothing for my city getting such a highly respected honor before one of our own?

Just a thought, it would be a cool idea if we didn’t know Boston was going to get cut off. Then there could just be a set date where everyone went all out, and till that date you just build last man standing would get the city.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Boston, A city bare.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL