Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 04:43:37
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Enough Is Enough Started by: -_StonedSilent_- on Jan 15, '13 01:00

As he sat and smoked a cigar watching everyone talk.some yelland some try to use big words...he smoked on the cigar until it was out before pushing the cigar into the cement...

Shouldn't a rhm be loyal to the end no matter what he has to
do? which I'm sure is hard as squid passed and people gain friendships working together..but to be alive and in another city in another family? I mean times are tough and it seems self preservation is important and stuff but that's lesson number 1 when a new thug hit these streets I thought, but I am old and mistaken usually. Those of us left in chicago must maintain and push on for this is our home and we simply cannot just leave. Even through the tough times.

Report Post Tip

Yes Tony, absolutely correct. If you read Mr. Steaks lengthy thread and replies, you will see retirement is my preferred option.

If Squid's son had told me to go nuts, I would have (even if it would have been an extremely feeble attempt). He didn't, so I didn't. The amount of support I have received in favour of me not retiring has been overwhelming and one or two have made an extremely good point to me.

Should I waste my life in trying to get back at the people who wronged my boss? Or should I continue on in this life, maybe one day get my own chance to run a family and/or city and do it in Squidmaster's honour (without his obvious mistakes that have so been so vividly pointed out)? The man moulded me into what I am today... and I am something that most people never expected from my bloodline, level-headed. Were I to "go out with a bang"... all that work and toil would have been for nothing.

Rest assured, Mr. Gambino, this is not a decision to take lightly considering I'd also be wasting 75 mill+ of my boss' hard earned money (the BG's), whichever path I choose will be wrong in some people's eyes. We'll see what the next day or so brings and if the burden on my heart can be lifted before making rash decisions.

Would you have expected me to continue if Squid had been left to retire within a few hours?

Report Post Tip

One last question too...

Shouldn't an underboss (in this case SpaceCowboy) also be loyal to the end no matter what?

Report Post Tip

Hearing some commotion out in the streets, Carlo decides to check it out and walks towards a bunch of people yelling and shaking fists at each other. He stops and looks around for a while, but finding nothing of interest, starts to turn around and go back. Suddenly Carlo spots TonyGambino sitting on the pavement and smoking a cigar, in deep thought. He smiles to himself.

"Day-dreaming, eh?"

He quickly walks over to a pile of rubble, carefully evading Tony's gaze. He picks up a stone and throws it at Tony, missing him completely. "Rats!" He takes another and tries again, which goes flying over Tony's head, who was still pre-occupied with his thoughts. About 4 stones later, one lands right on his head. Carlo jumps up in joy and runs off before Tony sees him.

Report Post Tip

As he listened to Countdown speak about his reasoning he pictured himself in that position, but he was only a young Wise Guy with a few bodyguards who he won from a cheap blackjack game so he quickly stopped trying to picture himself in the same position

Tough decisions all around sir and I know making them during a time of crisis is hard and we only have the future to look forward to at this point, if all of these rough few days can blow by of course.

At this point it would seem like a lot has been laid out on the table by both sides and things are out in the air which could quickly cause a lot of blood spill but luckily for all of us here nothing has happened and we can only be grateful for that, as we all know it would be like going to a gun fight armed with a knife.

Do I think things should have happened different during the tense moments of the death of the late Godfather, well there was so many options it has hard to tell exactly. I try to put myself in that position and wonder what I would want my city to do and of course it is 50/50 with: fight for me and die for me until the end or I dont want you to fight and want you all to live.

It is tough decisions and well I am only a small man in this life of crime and did not know all of the facts I would simply do what my boss tells me. The eager me says fight and die, but in reality is there much point I guess not..especially way after the fact so I am glad we survived and business can operate for all of the time left we are allowed.

I.. for one appreciate your completely changed level-headiness and attitude and the way things turned out... it sure has been a glimpse of hope for a dark situation.

Especially as more facts are brought to light which my apologies there has been so much talk and different posters I dont know every details I was just curious about your stance as im sure many others were who worked with you in the same city..nothing more nothing less and in terms of Don Spacecowboy I am grateful he choose to do what he did as we survive at this point (which was probley not easy either but we would have stuck by him either way of course) and we will hopefully have a long bright future all together in - Chicago.

Tony looked into his jacket to find a cigar to realize he had none as he sighed. He instead grabbed his flask from his pants pocket and using his teeth he opened it and took a drink while popping a few pills to ease the pain he had in his back from lifting a body the other day

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Enough Is Enough
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL