Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 05:55:28
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 
Cash on Hand + Wacking Started by: Epsilon on Jan 18, '13 08:47

{I can tell you the effects of putting this in, because Squishy already stated them.

"We can increase the cost to use the hitlist, remove the 300k subsidy for random MIAs, increase wackback jail and set it to lose drugs on jailing, increase cost to spawn MIAs and BG Location.

These are just some of the fair ways to offset the cost to those that benefit from it - unfortunately, they all kind of suck.

Any options that we add in that put money into the game that wasn't there originally, we need to offset it (and hopefully by those who benefit from it, and not the ones who dont)"

Before anyone says that this is money that was already there - it isn't. Because before when they died it would have all been lost, which makes it money that wouldn't have been there before.

I don't think that any of those options are appealing, I would prefer to keep stuff at the same cost it currently is, which is why I won't be supporting this suggestion.}

Report Post Tip

{It is no different than them sending the money off to someone else before they die. And we don't do anything to offset that. No one is penalized for that. No one is punished for that.}

Report Post Tip

so dumb how its all blacked out lol wtf is the point

Report Post Tip

The text being redacted is just for the PC members to discuss stuff amongst themselves Tony. Your not missing anything I promise.

Report Post Tip

{The most money is lost when people are hit unaware, which is 99% of the time. This change would obviously change that in that even hit unaware they won't lose all their money, which still means more money in the game than before!}

Report Post Tip

{DS is essentially arguing what I've been saying the whole time. Think more about what it's like actually in the middle of a war. Even if you do survive a wave on the otherside, most of the credits are already bought up (by that other side that's attacking you) so who knows where the money you have will end up. Yes, we're aware that you can send it off, but still... people often times risk it. The people with a lot of money, CLs and bigger guns, tend to keep it on hand so they can fly every hour.... etc etc. The RP aspect should also be considered.... We should probably start talking out of redacted text.}

Report Post Tip

{And if we had a little inflation in the game, credit prices might drop. From an RP standpoint? I just watched the Soprano's and I'm pretty sure the episode I watched they killed a guy on a boat and lifted his jewelry. Soooooo seems pretty realistic/rp'ish to me that someone would take money off someone they shot. Also, as previously stated, it could be a hit and miss thing, not a guaranteed you're going to get money every time.}

Report Post Tip

Its clear there are people with polar opposite opinions, I say we all just respect those opinions. I would welcome some fresh faces airing their own views if they have any and allow those with crystal clear views to take a step back and listen to everyone else for a while rather than continue to forcify their own stance.

I say that as someone that supports this idea fully, its clear I support it so I wont continue to push that fact.

Report Post Tip

{I'll try to explain why a largely inflated economy in game causes high credit prices. Lets say in real life you make 20 bucks an hour. After taxes you take home 15 dollars an hour. You know that for every hour of work, you make 15 dollars. This works out to be $0.25 a minute. If you purchased a credit, it takes you 4 minutes of real life money to get that credit. Because the credit cost stays the same and what you make stays the same, this is "set in stone" 1 credit costs 4 minutes.}

{The biggest thing to remember is what a credit is. A credit is a *unit of time*. How many MR minutes does this credit represent? It greatly depends on how much money that person has.}

{You are a gangster who makes $13,000MR an hour, which works out to $216.67 per minute. This means that(based upon 491k credits, it takes you 2,266 minutes to earn compared to 4 minutes working in real life.}

{You are a mademan who makes $43,000MR an hour, which works out to $716.67 per minute. This means that means that (based upon 491k credits, it takes you 685 minutes to earn compared to 4 minutes working in real life.}

{You are a boss with dfp and CAs who makes $120,000MR an hour, which works out to $2,000.00 per minute. This means that (based upon 491k credits, it takes you 245.5 minutes to earn compared to 4 minutes working in real life.}

{You are a consig with dfp and CAs who makes $200,000MR an hour, which works out to $3,333.33 per minute. This means that (based upon 491k credits, it takes you 147.3 minutes to earn compared to 4 minutes working in real life.}

{You are a don crew leader with 50 man crew with dfp and CAs who makes $500,000MR an hour, which works out to $8,333.33 per minute. This means (based upon 491k credits, it takes you 59 minutes to earn compared to 4 minutes working in real life.}

{To someone who is cash starved, they will gladly sell their credit and get 2,266 MR minutes, for losing only 4 minutes of their real life, where as someone who is flush with money may not want to lose 4 minutes of their real life to save 59 minutes here. 2,266 versus 59 is a huge difference. This is the difference to being cash starved and cash flush. The more money that goes into the game, it increases the earnings per hour and thus, lowers the MR minutes to RL minutes. In the end, it's not worth swapping real life time to sell your credits and get MR cash if you have lots of money. The more money you have or make, the less that credit is "worth" to you, and thus, requires a higher price to even bother.}

Report Post Tip

{Thank you for that addition... Point is... Destruction of wealth as I've said all along... is important... no reason to give any other opportunities to salvage it.}

Report Post Tip

Took me a while to get through this.. 2 sittings actually.

For the economy argument, there have been recent game changes which have taken money out of the game.

We have had...

*BG pricing has changed so it can't be done as cheaply. http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/315078#36322016

*DFP' prices have been drastically elevated. http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/315068#295496

*Selling witness statement prices have been halved. http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/310808#3961942

Add those to the fact that credits are at an all time high. I'm pretty sure (could be wrong, might be a different game) that a few months back the drug pricing was changed so that the maximums were reduced 5% and the minimums were increased by 5%.

I think enough has been taken out of the game to give (using Vazzi's numbers) 4% back to people who have actually DONE something to earn it (killing another user... I don't believe we should get any money for shooting anything else. ie. MIA, RIA, NPC, etc.). We used to give 10k away just for being online and getting a witness statement. Don't see the harm in giving back a reward for playing the game well. Let's not forget that there aren't exactly wars every week anymore, so it's not like this '4%' is going to be recycled back into the game on a regular basis.

If someone is shot who has a stash of money/drugs/whatever is of value on hand, there's a very good chance the killer would rob the dead body.

We could always just make sure we bank money like some do now PP'ing is on its separate timer...

Report Post Tip
PC-ralph has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion now has a total of 4 sponsors and will need 1 more sponsor in order to be submitted to the player commission forum.
Report Post Tip
PC-El_Nino has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion has received the required 5 sponsors and has been submitted to the player commission forum.

Player Commission Thread: Cash on Hand + Wacking
Report Post Tip

I like the idea and hence I will sponsor it.

The cash inflation issue to me, isn't really an issue. The game itself will balance itself out over time as does everything without massive intervention at the start.

I don't see as a feature you taking everyones money, I would say you would take a % of the cash which is held on hand and then the kick back to a player restarting is based on the cash they have banked up.

Report Post Tip

I agree with El_Nino. Thank you Squishy and Countdown for both your inputs! I think if we can set this at a good % and make it so that it happens randomly, it really shouldn't have that big of an effect. I would also like to think we'd take the time to see what kind of impact it would make before making changing in other areas, as those changes may not even be needed.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Cash on Hand + Wacking
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL