Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 04:29:03
Page:  1 
A Star Falls, Another Brightens Started by: SpaceCowboy on Jan 19, '13 18:23

ThomasAnderson was kicking back with a hash pipe, enjoying some downtime after a hard day running the Space Outlaws HQ while SpaceCowboy and CarlGrimes had been picking up a consignment of alien drugs from Uranus. He took a long draw from the pipe, admiring his ginger hair in a handheld mirror engraved with the words ''Hot Stuff''. He was just considering an image overhaul when suddenly, the HQ radar sounded the signal that the boss and RHM would be arriving back on Earth imminently. Somewhere above the atmosphere, a large bong-shaped aircraft delivered large plumes of heady smoke into the galaxy, causing their home planet to topple a little on its axis. ''Set the course for Chicago, Carl,'' SpaceCowboy said, sparking up a fat doobie in anticipation of his grand arrival. Carl nodded, clicking at buttons and making things beep and whir, because that's how it was working on board a spaceship. Turning to his left, SpaceCowboy motioned to a creature with three breasts and a mohawk.''Take the shuttle and go home. I'm not sure my people are ready for you just yet, Zha-Zha. I'll be sure to hit you up when I next visit. Don't call me - I'll call you'', he says, glancing one last time at the alien's triple endowment...BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! SpaceCowboy crawls his way to the end of his bed while grabbing and throwing his alarm clock at the wall in anger. "Always at the good parts" Sighs and picks up the phone, dialing the upper structures of Chicago he tells them "It's time" SpaceCowboy then starts to leave his HQ, taking several of his closest associates, heading towards downtown chicago. On arrival SpaceCowboy pulls out the soapbox and takes his stand before speaking.

Good morning! I'm sure most of you are curious to why I've gathered yall here on this cold, windy morning. Well as I'm sure most of you have seen or heard we are now without a Godfather for our city, Chicago. In this time I will be taking the reigns of "Acting Godfather" for our city. I still see a promising future for our city and feel it has much to offer these streets, our society , and way of lifestyle. With that noted I would also like to announce LilacDelaney will be taking over as Underboss of Chicago. She has been a big help since day one on our shores and I strongly feel she will do great for the job. SpaceCowboy starts to cheer and applaud Lilac. In this transition I would like to further our business throughout the other five cities and looking forward to a bright future. I appreciate everyones patience and understanding in our situation, allowing us time to ourselves before I came to the streets.

SpaceCowboy grins and starts to regroup with his family.

Report Post Tip

For the duration of her new leader's speech, Lilac stood just behind him, her face sporting a humble smile as she took in the reactions of those in Chicago. It was a great day indeed; greater still to see her fellow mobsters rallying together as always in celebration of SpaceCowboy's ascension to leadership of The Windy City.

SpaceCowboy, it has been an honour to work alongside you since starting out my career here as part of the Chicago Crime Syndicate. I have fond memories of you receiving your very own keys to the Space Outlaws HQ not so long after I joined these shores. Back then, I knew that you were a fine choice as a captain for this city, just as you are now a fine choice for Godfather. Already, you have demonstrated your ability to lead, your ability to make difficult decisions and the fact that you are clearly invested in our collective future. It is safe to say that Chicago's future now rests in a fine pair of hands.

Having since joined you as a Captain myself, it is an absolute honour and privilege to pick up the mantle as your Underboss. You know, my friend, that my priority above all else lays within diligent service to this beautiful city of ours. It makes my heart swell to know that I achieved anything at all by means of assisting you - I will continue to do my very best by you and everyone that celebrates with us here today as we move forward.

I've had some token gifts delivered to your office for you to browse through at your leisure - just a few things. Meanwhile, I raise my glass to Don SpaceCowboy and the city of Chicago as we progress ahead and go from strength to strength. Slainté, everyone!

Lilac raised her glass high into the air before sinking it in a split second, as always. As she recovered from the tickle of her first rum of the day, Rayden approached with a curious box and explained the meaning behind it. Lilac blushed slightly and accepted it with a gentle nod.

Rayden, dear - there really was no need to do such a thing. Don SpaceCowboy here deserves to be showered with gifts on this momentous occasion, whereas I have only been doing my job. I have only done what anyone else would do - what everyone else in this city does do - but I appreciate such a warm gesture enormously. It will be a pleasure to continue working alongside you as we build Chicago into something magnificent; I think we will get along famously!

Returning to her spot at the back of the room, Lilac stared at the box wondering what on earth it could be, but knew better than to indulge herself just then. She took a seat with her rum, poured herself a large glass and wriggled around in her chair until she was suitably comfortable to enjoy the festivities.

Report Post Tip

Vince Noir put on his most outlandish attire this day, it was a sailors outfit with with android looking features and he stood poised for action

Suddenly Vince broke into song

Future sailors
We're future sailors
Electronic castaway
Digital stowaway
Cyborg sea-dog,
Tell me what you dream of
Future sailors
Oh yeah!

As he knew people were looking he paused and started talking

It's a good day for Chicago knowing that we will have such a dedicated person acting under the role of Godfather and it will a wonderful day when you achieve that title. It has been a privledge working with you and I hope to be working with you long into the future.

Vince breaks out into song again...

Future sailors
Oh yeah!
Robot starfish
Nylon admiral

Report Post Tip

Carl listens closely to the words of his boss, as soon as he if finished speaking he shakes his hand. Knowing the progress and future of the city would bring forth new challenges both men were excited. Carl then turned to Miss Don Delaney and congradulated her on her newly appointed role within the Chicago crime syndicate. Once Carl adressed the two crime bosses he began to pass around bottles of whiskey and moonshine to his fellow family members.

It is an exciting time for you SpaceCowboy and the city of Chicago. I look forward to helping you as we journey though a life of organized crime. You know that it is my duty to assist you and help whenever needed. It is time we open a new chapter in the windy city and welcome the new life that may arrive fresh off the boat. I congradulate you SpaceCowboy on your hard work and dedication to your family. You have done a lot for each and everyone of us Outlaws and I want to make sure you know we appreciate it. As I would also like to congradulate a friend in Lilac for her hard work and becoming our new Underboss. With a positive attitude you bring so much to the table that this decision was easy to make I'm sure.

Carl takes a swig from one of the bottles of moonshine and passes it over to Mudkip as he walks over.

Report Post Tip

Mudkip had listened to his friend and colleague's speech and shook his hand after he was done speaking

'I'll just echo what Carl said, Its a wonderful time in chicago and people are happy to have you at our head Cowboy, I would also like to congratulate miss Delaney on the famed position of Underboss, It just goes to show if you work hard , you will be noticed'

Mudkip takes the moonshine from Carl and takes a hit from it and passes it to the next person speaking

Report Post Tip

Rayden was sitting in her quiet office spacing off into a sort of dream-like state after lacking days of much needed rest. She could remember it moment for moment as if she was reliving the day all over again.
Rayden had smelled the sweet odor of the "Out of This World" strain she had loaded in her pipe the last time SpaceCowboy had returned from one of his trips. She followed her nose to a crowded area to find SpaceCowboy standing before a group of people as he announced his new Authority in Chicago and his successor. As Rayden listened to her new leader's speech she remembered she had a gift from her most recent travels for the new Underboss and soon to be Godfather of Chicago. She patted down her left pocket then her right to find only a pipe, an almost empty baggie, and used box of matches. "Damn" she thought. She turned to her right to see Astronomy looking back at her with a baffled expression upon her face. "What did you forget Boss?" Astronomy asked. "I think I forgot the trinkets I found for Lilac and SpaceCowboy. Now just seemed like a great time to give them their gifts." Astronomy let out a muffled giggle and advised Rayden to check her inside pocket for SpaceCowboys gift. Just as Rayden reached the inside of her coat she could feel the outline of a Medium-sized box she had been holding for SpaceCowboy for some time now. She looked to Astronomy with a smile only to see that Astronomy was pulling out a wrapped gift with a tag on it reading 'Dearest Lilac'. "Astronomy, lets go congratulate our friends on their new accomplishments"

Finding LilacDelany first, she handed her the box Astronomy had been holding on to and flashed a smile to her dear friend.
Lilac, you have been an amazing help and a great woman here on these shores and I'm nothing short of proud to see you as the Underboss of Chicago. You have done great things and I look forward to continue our work together here in The Windy City. This is a little gift for you. Only you will understand the meaning behind it so please open it in private when you have the chance. Again, congrats Hun.

After hugging Lilac goodbye, she turned to find SpaceCowboy as he was finishing up his speech. Catching up with him was harder than imagined as everyone was wanting to congratulate him. Finally reaching his side she lightly tapped on his shoulder to get his attention
SpaceCowboy, It warms my heart to see you here on such a joyous day. You have shown Great leadership and loyalty to your family and City. It comes as no shock to me that you would be reaching such a great point in your life and becoming the leader of Chicago. I'm proud to work for you and I look forward to the great things you will bring to our beloved City.
Rayden reached in the inside pocket of her jacket and pulled out his gift she had been saving for him. In the box was a bottle of the finest aged whiskey she could find on this planet accompanied by a gold flask with 'SC' engraved on the front.
These are for you, now let's go celebrate!

Rayden abruptly woke up and realized she had dozed off. She looked around the room to see if anyone had caught her briefly napping. She noticed she was alone in her office still and thought to herself "What a great day. So great, I got to experience it twice."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Star Falls, Another Brightens
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL