Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 07:57:08
Page:  1 
Captain's Log: Full Throttle Started by: LilacDelaney on Jan 21, '13 18:47

Lilac Delaney steps out from Dalle Ceneri HQ, feeling a little giddy about her new announcement. She notices all eyes turn to her, expecting to see a definitively pregnant belly. To indulge them, and the editors of Tea Time, she had taken the liberty of shoving a cushion up her dress in order to perpetuate the tangible excitement currently thrashing its way through the community.

For authenticity, she waddles to nearest soapbox and, after trying unsuccessfully to lumber her swollen weight upon it, she instead kicks the plastic prop across the sidewalk and proceeds with a violent and cacophonous clearing of her throat.

Ladies, gentlemen, and Pickles.

I have come out here today in order to bring you a very, very important announcement. This is something that must be shared, for it is so incredibly pivotal to your daily news consumption.

The Calamari - in name, at least - has been laid to rest and will now be replaced by a brand spanking new publication: Captain's Log
. My merry team of space bandits and I will shortly be rallying together in order to print off the very first edition, which will be supplied free of charge. Why? Because there is no currency in space.

As always, my loyal and loving readers will not be let down.

I'll bid you all adieu for now; it is time for me to waddle off - max warp, full throttle - and give birth to the epitomé of creation itself.

Report Post Tip

Nice job on the bold!

Report Post Tip

You think so? I thought it was a terrible shambles actually. I set out to emphasise something and went into overdrive. I simply could not quit with the emphasis. Hormones, y'know?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to my birthing class.

Report Post Tip

since when did the might LilacDelaney get pregnant, and who is this mysterious father?!? DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA.

Report Post Tip

Ah. The mighty (according to some, I tend to be more humble myself) Lilac Delaney may, or may not, be pregnant. It is mere speculation for now.

Report Post Tip

Yeah... your messages were real humble.

Congratulations Ms. Delaney, your paranoia and insanity, has lost a valued reader. Next time try not to be so porous with your messages to your fans.

Report Post Tip

Paranoia, being preggo and insanity do come hand in hand. I did ask her to make me tea the other day and she shouted at me telling me that I would rather tea than her.

I do however like the new name for your paper Mrs Delaney as it is a fact that southern Calamari have a short lifespan while the Captains Log should live well into the future.

Report Post Tip

Do they have calamari living in Dublin Vince?

Report Post Tip

I think they died out years ago plus I haven't been to dublin since 1915. I hear much has changed since I was a boy, they could have reappeared yet again.

Report Post Tip

So how can southern calamari have a short life span if they've already died out?

Report Post Tip

I was just talking about the Calamari in Dublin, I couldn't tell you about the rest of the world my friend.

Report Post Tip

From the Squid Ink to something that should be flushed in the head.  And, you can't blame hormones and deny being knocked up at the same time!

Report Post Tip

"Well beam me up Scottie."

lol I cant wait to smoke a blunt to that first print. 

Pregunta do they have Booze in Space ?

Report Post Tip

Castelli hears the announcement as he smokes one of his cuban cigars. 

I'm glad that Chicago has leaders and hands that are so involved in the streets. I just hope that Chicago, as well as all the other cities can really revitalize the streets. They used to be so active and have just been up and down for the past year or two. 

But I definitely can't wait to see the first edition of the new paper. I bet it will be a good read with all the effort put into it. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Captain's Log: Full Throttle
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL