Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 04:37:21
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
CAs not to be part of MIA Limit Started by: MichaelLaMotta on Jan 23, '13 13:24

In recent weeks, I have noticed more people often giving out their CA to kill due to reaching their MIA limit. With the new MIA limit 8 per 4 days, its can be rather difficult gauging if/when your CA is about to retire.

The suggestion is simple. Allow accounts to shoot at their OWN CAs without counting against their MIA limit. After all its only a +2 maximum for those who have 2 CAs. And it is only going to happen every 30 days or so. It just feels right as I paid for the 10 credits to purchase it, I should be able to shoot it and not have it count towards my MIA limit and miss out on a kill I paid 10 credits for.

Again I said to only shoot their OWN CAs, not someone else's, over a 30 day period. Thoughts?

Report Post Tip

Originally the CA's count towards MIAs based on the thought that it will limit the number of CA's a person can kill in a day. (Not the owner, but someone who is hellbent on just causing problems for everyone) The 10 credit price tag stops people from buying tons to kill to +1 up their gun, but its that same price which is why we try to limit the damage someone can do to other CAs.

Report Post Tip

My idea was to just allow someone to shoot at their own CA's, and not count towards their own MIA limit. Thats all.

I understand your reasoning for limiting this for others to not cause problems, but the fact that I spent credits on a CA and have to pass it off to someone else is bad business. I'm losing out while someone else gains. Its only +1 to my gun after all if I (The owner) shoots my employed CA. There is already a limit of 2 CAs per individual as it stands. I don't see this as a problem if the OWNER kills their OWN CA.

I'm just trying to emphasize who is doing the shooting with the CAPs.

Report Post Tip

If there was a way to personalize the CA's so they don't count as MIAs... I don't see how it would hurt. So long as it's limited to a person's own CAs etc. However, I'm not sure how hard that would be to code in etc.

Report Post Tip

understand your reasoning for limiting this for others to not cause problems, but the fact that I spent credits on a CA and have to pass it off to someone else is bad business. I'm losing out while someone else gains.

I'm sorry, I just don't agree with that position. Its not hard to look at when your CA dies and judge whether or not you'll have an MIA slot open. You havn't lost out as you got that kill already, the fact is you want to be able to kill more.

I don't entirely disagree, I understand why you want to kill your own CA, but better planning would allow you to do so.

Report Post Tip

Maybe they should just get a slot open to shoot their CA? It's really not that big a deal... 1 extra kill etc.

Report Post Tip

How about meeting in the middle? You can shoot it even if it puts you over your limit, but you still have to wait to get under your limit again to shoot MIAs afterwards?

Report Post Tip

Squishy, that seems fair to me. 

Report Post Tip

That is VERY fair. Thanks Squishy.

Report Post Tip

Good compromise.

With how expensive credits are, anything that lets a user maximise their expenditure seems like a winner to me.

Report Post Tip
PC-SpikeSpiegel has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion now has a total of 1 sponsors and will need 4 more sponsors in order to be submitted to the player commission forum.
Report Post Tip

Hmmm interesting one this one.

I tend to check my MIA numbers and when my CAs are running out to make sure I dont overkill.

If I happen to fuck it up then I pass the kill onto a family member, similarly those lax people like me in the family will pass me theirs if I have one saved up.

One concern for me is will we push the limit just for your own CAs or anyones?

Report Post Tip

I think that it should be left only to your own. I wouldn't support it otherwise.

Report Post Tip

"How about meeting in the middle? You can shoot it even if it puts you over your limit, but you still have to wait to get under your limit again to shoot MIAs afterwards?"

More than acceptable. Great call izzy...

As for own CA's vs Other's CA's I feel like that's something I could go either way on... I'm gonna sponsor this.

I would prefer it to be only your own and am sponsoring it based on that presumption (which was stated in the base proposal)

{with the change in MIA's you can shoot 8 MIAs the day you sign up if you're on wack.. so it's not like this would make it any more possible for someone to be a thorn in the side of CA owners.. plus those CA's have hit back plenty of times, trust me I know ;)}

Report Post Tip
PC-Whitey has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion now has a total of 2 sponsors and will need 3 more sponsors in order to be submitted to the player commission forum.
Report Post Tip

With Squishy's compromise I see no reason not to support this.

Report Post Tip
PC-Warrior has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion now has a total of 3 sponsors and will need 2 more sponsors in order to be submitted to the player commission forum.
Report Post Tip

You pay the 10 credits for the coke and the help staying out of jail as well. Not just the 10 credits.

So it's just a few kills per month? The same reasoning can be applied as a motive to deny it. It's not like your gun training will take such a beating if you miss out on a few kills. And bad business to let another family member get a kill? That sounds a bit... selfish. How can that be bad business?

Report Post Tip

Why not be selfish when you're spending the money? It's one kill per CA. One can consider it as an included benefit of buying a CA. Seems like it's a simple fix. 

Report Post Tip

It's not selfish at all if I spend the credits for it. Believe me I'm not selfish one bit. Ask around in NORCo.

It's not a few kills per month. Its 2. 2 really isn't much in the long run for someone who has had their character for much longer than myself. I have to count on these to help further the better of my family. To protect my city. Where Izzy is coming from though, really just sets everything in the middle. So to the idea he had, he sets everything in the middle. That's all.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: CAs not to be part of MIA Limit
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL