Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 12:49:30
Page:  1 
A question Started by: Padrino on Feb 02, '13 19:46

What's the point of pp'ing and mugging (especially mugging) if the majority of players are unfriendly to them?

Report Post Tip

Do you only do things that other people are friendly towards?  Personally, I would like to see a "titty twister" feature, as well.

Report Post Tip

Here yes, because if you pp someone and not return it, you're most likely gonna get shot. I don't see the point in pickpocketing someone if you have to return the money afterwards.

Report Post Tip

I pickpocket simply for the achievements, I have some sort of ocd with achivements lol if they are in a game then i have to get them all.

Report Post Tip

Personally, I love pickpocketing people who aren't friendly to it simply to watch their impotent rage. Now that dueling has arrived though, I might retire that old pasttime.

Report Post Tip

I rarely pay back what I pp, and I don't have any bullets in my head. Yet...

Report Post Tip

I PAY BACK WHAT I TAKE REMEMBER IT FOR THE XP of the game

Report Post Tip

I was thinking when you pick pocket some one i think should be unlimted amount ,, this 5k is for the bird ,,, should be UNLIMITED AMOUNT

Report Post Tip

Your remarks are definitely more valid WHEN RANDOM BITS ARE CAPITALISED!!

Report Post Tip

Pick pocket profits were not always maxed at 5k, however, to encourage the use of the feature a maximum amount was brought into play. If you pay it back or do not, it is your choice. If you are going to take the role play route why should you pay it back? IRL you wouldn't pick someone's pocket and then walk back up to them and hand it back. IRL if someone picked your pocket and you saw who did it wouldn't you try to get what you lost back or beat the crap out of the person that did it? We have the ability to mug and to pick pocket them back in return if we are unhappy with the fact that someone violated our personal bubble.

Also, I totally agree with Mr. Levenstein in regards to your need to capitalise random bits of your statements in order to make them more valid. The overuse of commas is fantastic as well. Totally makes me take what you have to say more seriously.

Report Post Tip

I am thinking their should unlimited amount of money to take i bet some people have milion of cash out. I wish we can mugg for more then 5k

Report Post Tip

I am positive that if the cap for PP was removed then it would be banned entirely. People don't like losing the 5k as it is, so taking millions would be out of the question.

Report Post Tip

I wish we can mugg for more then 5k

There is no 5k cap on the profits from a mugging... Pick pockets are capped at that, not muggings.

Report Post Tip

Toby, that is exactly why there was a 5k cap put in. People were bitching and banning it in their cities (Yes, I did in mine at the time as well when I was a leader.) because of the large amounts that could be taken.

Report Post Tip

PP-ing needs overhauled - possibly a robbery feature that allows the robber to take drugs and large sums of cash.  Possibly even a gun.

Report Post Tip

With such measures Kuklinski, its a guarantee that it wouldn't be used as much as it is currently.

No-one will allow PPs between other cities if you can remove the gun of their member, though I personally find that option to be a good one. If I can stick my hand in and grab 5k off you, chances are I can lift your gun.

It would be an interesting scenario in wars too. Skilled PPers could attempt to reduce the power of their enemy by removing their gun (though these people could easily get one back via an Armory)

Report Post Tip

something very similar to that was suggested in the suggestions forum, and although it got some backing, it went largely unsupported.

http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/112014#35204716

Report Post Tip

Not too sure pickpocketing of a gun would be a good idea, as said it may cause more pickpocket friendly people and a higher penalty for it.
Would be interesting to have a small percentage chance that a CA could catch someone pickpocketing him and take their gun though. Given the "pickpocket unfriendly" people that target the CAs.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: A question
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL