Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 08:36:59
Page:  1 
Modern day Robin Hood Started by: Raoul_Silva on Feb 05, '13 11:59

Raoul had contemplated this for several days. It wasn't the usual course of action for a mobster, well it wasn't the usual course of action for anyone. But there comes a time in a man's life, even in the life of a man as sexually charged as Raoul, where he starts to look beyond the here and now, and look at the bigger, long term picture. For Raoul, this was one such moment. Whilst not the path he would have chose, thus far it had been good to him, it was perhaps time to give something back.

stalking through the alley in search of a suitable vessel, Death spied one of the local shop owners tipping a used orange crate into a dumpster. Rumaging through a garbage can out the back of the Toby's Jazz Club Raoul lifted the orange crate and carried on to the street, with nary a mark on his designer suit.

Greetings my fellow mafioso, I have come here today to make you an offer many of you will find hard to refuse. I was reading through the journals of one of my ancestors from a couple of years ago and I came across an interesting notion, not least of all because it was put forward by an evil, alien super-fiend. I have decided to follow his lead and repeat this offer. As some of you will know I have a reputation for dipping my hands in other peoples pockets, and whilst most don't begrudge the loss of $5,000 here and there, it has made me quite wealthy over the last 600 or so victims. So today I have decided to give something back to the community that has been so generous to me. I have been reading up on some historical legends, and I came across a man called Robin Hood, who stole from the rich and gave to the poor. I propose to do exactly the same thing.

Over the next week I will pick an average of 70 pockets, and earn a potential $350,000. I wish to give this handsome figure to one enterprising associate member of this thing of ours. I have only 3 stipulations to entering a claim for the money:

1) You must be an associate member of a family... I.E. you must be between the ranks of Petty Thief and Wise Guy and have a sponsor.

2) You can not be Rich or Extremely Rich. Remember I steal from the rich so that rules you out. This includes assets. If I see you are well protected then you will not qualify.

3) You must come here and tell me why you deserve my money. What hard luck story makes you more deserving of my ill-gotten gains than the next schlub.

That is all the stipulations I have. So starting at 12pm today I will keep a record of all the money I steal and in 7 days I will award that money to one deserving individual. Whose it gonna be?

Report Post Tip

Tyrion stops to listen to the self proclaimed theif when all of a sudden Deja Vu slaps him in the face. A little startled by this, the Imp continues on his path to the nearest whore house

Report Post Tip

You are quite correct Mr Lannister, as I already stated my own ancestor held this very same competition. I guess we never can change our natures.

Report Post Tip

*hops off the camel she rode in on*

Well, well... who ever would have thought. Years ago, as I was being raised by traveling gypsies who took me in after my parents died in a strange wild dingo attack, i had chance to befriend a fortune teller. She told me, after many years of struggle and suffering, I would one day come upon a man who would give me hope. Through these years of travels... oh, the stories I can tell. Living with carnies, rooming with a three-armed bearded woman, selling snake oil from the back of a wagon to innocent villagers, peddling little Oriental porceline dolls - just to name a few. Through all these years, I have held on to that prophecy, that "salvation", if you will. Now, I know it's true! How do I know. you ask? Well, I'll tell you! She said the man would be wearing dark shoes.... and YOU, sir, YOU are indeed wearing black shoes.

*She raises her hands to the heavens with tears strumming down her cheeks*

Ah, There IS hope! There IS good in the world!

Report Post Tip

Raoul claps his hands and speaks with a laugh in his voice.

Bravo. Bravo HolyWench. A most entertaining tale. Alas I am not wearing black shoes. Brown, or tan depending on the light. I never wear black with brown and cream. Still, you met the criteria and are in with a chance.

Report Post Tip

*bends down and squints to look at the shoes closer*

Eh, there was a shadow. she didn't define HOW they would be dark, just that they'd be dark, and they are dark in the shadow. So, still.... I win.

Report Post Tip

Raoul walks out clutching a fist full of money, looking quite perplexed.

You know, I thought with my families history here, and the years of Journals they kept going back to the earliest of days, that nothing would ever surprise me about this thing of ours, but I have to admit to feeling thoroughly confused. I offered all this money and more, to any enterprising young thug willing to give me 5 minutes of his or her time, and only HolyWench seems interested. Is a possible 350k really worth that little in this day and age that its not even worth 5 minutes of a thugs time?

Well you still have just under 24 hours to grab my attention. Come midday tomorrow, should no one else attempt to win the prize, then HolyWench will win by default. Its no skin off my nose though who gets it, after all I was giving it away anyway. Just a shame that only a member of Dalle Ceneri from the hundreds of Associates in our midst had the wherewithal to recognise an easy money making opportunity.

Raoul shrugs his shoulders, shakes his head in disbelief before stuffing the money into his jacket and wanders off down the streets.

Report Post Tip

Paul Vitti hear what Raoul is talking about, he liked what he heard ,but Robin Hood was just a good story from past, he though and then he though how he never in his life got some money without a real hard work and it sound too noble to be truth in this dark times, but then realzed it costs him nothing to just apply so he walk back at Raoul and tell his story...

Well like you can see I am broke guy with few bucks in his pockets , my ancestors were rich people but they each time waste all their money to help their family leaders in time of war , but people forget fast and after couple of wars my ancestors have been in, here I am , without money , even without shelter... Paul make dramatic pause while he shake his head in disbelief

I was too long away , lived like a hobbo, but now after year passed I have decided to go my ancestors steps and turn crime life, but for beggining I need some money I should invest in to make something more out of it... So that money would mean a lot to me, but like I said , I never got anything without working hard...

Report Post Tip

Weird thing is I got used on name Paul Vitti so I used it even now while I am using Charlie Luciano :)

Thats how much this poor life reflected on my psyche, I forget my own name from time to time :)

Report Post Tip

Raoul looks around, dismayed at the total and complete lack of interest. Sometimes even giving money away is next to impossible.

I'm sorry Charlie, very interesting tale I'm sure, but I really don't care any more. s we've had only two entrants, I'm going to split my 'earnings' between you both. I hope it makes you both very happy.

Your accountant makes note that $195,336 has been wired to HolyWench from your account.
Your accountant makes note that $195,336 has been wired to Charlie_Luciano from your account.

Raoul wanders off down the street shaking his head and despairing as to what has become of the world.

Report Post Tip

Well, the rest of the world may not care, but I come from a family of traditional values. Save a pennt earn a penny, i was always told. Everyone's riches always begin with that first penny - let alone 185k! I will NOT turn from that. Thank you, Raul *smiles*

Report Post Tip

Seeing Charlie_Luciano looking down Sinfest walks up to him and says

"Don't feel bad man most people just aren't as into free money as others and its highly possible your lungs just weren't loud enough for everyone to hear. Maybe next time, if you decide to do something like this again, pay a crew leader or godfather a bribe to advertise said contest if you're really looking for more participants"

Report Post Tip

Thanks Raoul, it will help for my investment and if I can help you somehow let me know.

Report Post Tip

looking ashamed Sinfest then speaks out

"Totally called you by the wrong name Raoul_Silva I am sorry"

Report Post Tip

haha you got that my syndrom of using wrong names:)
At least I am not only one who mistake name here now:P

Report Post Tip

It is a shame that more people did not take an interest in this. Unfortunately, I did not make the criteria. It might be that the people who could have used this did not know to look here for it. At least some of them I would dare to say that it is more of what this community has become. There seems to be a lack of real interest with many skating by not caring. A stagnancy if you will. I understand the area is about to be razed and reformed. I originally thought that this might be good for the community and bring back interest in contests such as this. This community was so much more than it is now from when I first came here. It is a shame when a fine upstanding citizen such as yourself no longer cares about his own attempt to lend a helping hand.

I keep hoping for a change, hoping a real interest will return. Unfortunately I have not seen it and if we are heading where it appears we are we are only at the beginning of the depression.

Report Post Tip

I, most definatly, would have been interested in such a fare. Unfortunatly, I was tied up in what seemed to be a whole other world of issues.  

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Modern day Robin Hood
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL