Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 10:40:41
Page:  1 
admins are everything wrong and good with MR Started by: Frankenweenie on Feb 05, '13 17:18

The title of this is supposed to read "the admins are everything wrong and good with this game"

I'm just taking a peek back after being gone almost a decade and I'm not trying to blast anyone, I am just trying to be honest.

I've seen how the game used to be played and I can see how it is played now.

There will always be people complaining about the good old days, but I think this is more than that.

What I want to bring to attention is the lack of action in this game. There are accounts that are older than a year. WTF?

I know its easy for a low rank to criticize but I've been on top. I know it sucks to put it work and lose it all but being able to work hard again to get it all back was also what made it fun to play.

and I believe its the admins fault for allowing and even facilitating this atmosphere. Its clear that everyone loves to kill. Izzy treats this game like his baby and its better for that, but while trying to please everyone I think its gone too far.

We have auto created IAs, a Rogue crew leader, even officers now? and the most obvious example is the Durdens.

With all of these targets, who needs wars? What would happen if they were all taken away?

Not only does this help satisfy the hunger of killing, it helps create artificially high wack skills (the bodyguard problem is a whole different topic.)

The Tyler Durden crew has trained everyone sort of like Pavlovs dog, everyone knows its coming so people don't start wars, they just wait because they know they'll be able to train their wack skills and get this rocks off without any repercussions.

Another example is the whole holding back promotion thing. This was unheard of back in the day, crew leaders needed all the ranks they could get.

Now promos can go for weeks without being given on the excuse of "respect", because this game has more turned into a social club than a mafia simulation.

I know Izzys intentions are pure, but I wonder what brings in more money via credits and the like, this atmosphere, or the good old days.

I probably won't stick around, so take this for what its worth. But I doubt I'm the only one that feels this way.

However, if this attitude keeps up, i'll be sure to stop at a Starbucks and grab a coffee before logging in so I can sit and enjoy everyones conversation next time I visit.

Thanks for reading.

Report Post Tip

You are so far off with how things used to be and how things are right now.

Report Post Tip

Things are different from 10 years ago. For one, it was a different game that you're referring to... and etc etc. Your argument seems like a bunch of superficial things about the game pieced together the wrong way.

Report Post Tip

I enjoyed the 'good old days' they hold some of my best memories. But as a fellow newly returned player after a long time I must say the game is ten times better than then. In the good old days it was the community, the people that made it. Now I feel it's much more of a game AND a great community to boot. The crew chat is the best feature to be added to this game I think it makes all the difference. I like the OC's which bring lots more people together. The sponsoring of new members by the higher ups it's great again for interaction and creating community. All in all I personally stepped in for a cup of coffee in December and here i am around 100 hours later. But then I've always had an addictive personality.

Report Post Tip

I was around a decade ago.

You think it was easier to rank under crew leaders back in the day? Lol, please.

Report Post Tip

I agree with Zero. Having been a CL back in the day of 200 person crews, I regularly held people back because I didn't feel they'd earned their button.

Report Post Tip

This game is, without a doubt, a significant improvement over any previous versions that have ever existed.

The problems that do exist within it are well documented, evident to everyone and unlikely to change. Time to accept them and play like the rest of us or leave like you're intending to do.

Good luck.

Report Post Tip

Another example is the whole holding back promotion thing. This was unheard of back in the day, crew leaders needed all the ranks they could get.

Really? I fail to believe that. Having also been around for over 10 years I know thats not true. I was a leader in .org a number of times and here a number of times, and the way in which I run a crew hasn't changed at all. People were always held back for a variety of reasons, but the main one was always trust.

Getting your Button was a massive thing back then, I actually feel your so wide of the mark its unreal, these days many people don't give the Made promotion the importance I feel it deserves. Not that I find that is always the case, but its certainly sometimes the case.

At the end of the day, the "game" is what you make of it. The community has always been its major plus point

Report Post Tip

I must admit I stopped reading and stopped even wondering who this person was back in the old days once I read that point.

As has already been stated but I feel the need to add another ten years worth of experience to how wrong you are... As the good imp has stated in other words, to recieve your button back then was probably just as important to people as achieving the Godfather rank is today. Trust being the main reason. With rogues rampant and the boost to a persons weapon skills it could not be any other way.

Actually, the curiosity is still there. Who were you?

Report Post Tip

i waited maybe 3 months for the first time to be made on org, and i never complained once.  It was a world of mades at max apart from izzy and with the eternal, it seemed the dogs b*llocks at the time  especially as my promotion came with my own crew.

Report Post Tip

People dont play mafiareturns like the mafia used to be but they play it as a normal game with their outlandish thoughts.

I really hope the 'Districts' will bring back some of the mafia feeling that a lot of people miss.

Report Post Tip

Reading all these people and exp life make me say WOW some people been here over 5-10 years ,I LOVE THIS GAME,I hope not here over 10 years ,for now it game get me out of real life and relax for now

Thanks for looking

Report Post Tip

Get out while you still can!!!

The place sucks you in and ghosts are about!

Report Post Tip

If you played over a decade ago, then you didn't have to worry about being promoted.

You were lucky if you lived 10 days.

Report Post Tip

Skim read the opening post.

My conclusion the writer is what we call in the east midlands.

A Forest fan.

You live in the past.

Chirp up every now and then about how great things were back in the day.

But in reality "You really have no fucking clue at all."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: admins are everything wrong and good with MR
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL