Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 09:10:03
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
The happenings in Detroit just meow Started by: Phil_Steak on Feb 10, '13 02:03

Ladies and gentlemen. We are gathered here meow to talk about the mass death of Detroit.
I would like to first say that I thought highly of Godfather Revolve. I was impressed with him and how he conducted his business
every time I had the opportunity to work with him. I was impressed how he rose through Detroit during the experiment, and really cannot say anything negative about him. I was rooting for him during the Detroit experiment.

Now, we have tried to be fair, we really have. We have tried to be just. We tried to give everyone a chance to conduct business,
earn, to build themselves and their cities up. However, we are constantly hated.

"Phil_Steak is DeadlySin's lapdog who makes no decisions."
"Bunny is a dictator and kills anyone she doesn't like."
"DeadlySin won't risk losing his position at the top, so he won't let the community grow."

Well, if you're going to hate us, let me at least give you something to hate for.
I had no intentions or need to engage in war with Detroit 18 hours ago.
However, 17 hours ago, I obtained information that an upper structure of Detroit's Godfather family had implied their support to others in the removal of New Orleans.

Now, this was not the first time I heard this. The first time I had heard such information was when LA, KingSao and Neon tried to coerce me into killing DeadlySin. I ignored this, figuring that it was just a one time thing. I heard the same thing had been offered to SquidMaster when he was considering turning his guns toward Deadly and myself. Again, I let it slide.
However, when I heard it again the third time, I decided I couldn't just sit by idly any longer.

I am sorry for the fine people of Detroit, however an example needed to be made, and they were the unfortunate ones.

I make no decisions? How's this for a decision.
We're dictators? Then why aren't we doing this more often?

Myself and DeadlySin are fair people, there are only so many times we can hear of someone offering to help attack us and just let it slide.

Report Post Tip

I don't think there's one of us in this thing of ours who take wars lightly, but serious threats and intelligence regarding cities aligning themselves against us need to be dealt with swiftly and concisely.

Meow let the hating commence.

Report Post Tip

Personally, I think the reasoning behind the takedown of Detroit is very thin. I'm not sure I'd have come to the same conclusion anyway.

I'm not sure how you can say you 'thought highly of' Revolve and was 'impressed with him and how he conducted his business' and yet slaughter his entire city. If you held him in such high regard you would surely have informed him of the treachorous scum and let him deal with it accordingly... either by turning his own gun on them or allowing you to kill them. You may have enjoyed his swift and decisive actions with regards to his city but couldnt or wouldnt let him deal with this one.

I see the reasoning behind this but don't agree with it.

Turning this into a hypothetical decision...

If someone had managed to infiltrate the family I am with under DeadlySin and this situation occured, I'm pretty certain you wouldn't attempt to wipe our entire city. Sure... you could point to the fact that you and DeadlySin see eye-to-eye and have been strong and staunch allies with each other and that is a perfectly reasonable argument to have. However the way you have portrayed your actions in my eyes here suggest that this would be your course of action whoever it was from whatever city.

I've always believed that if people have conducted business quickly and appropriately when it is needed with me, they deserve every chance to deal with their own 'in-house' problems as EVERYONE is capable of not spotting one or two bad eggs during their reigns. Big decisions like Revolve would have had to make regarding his upper structure in this case are often what separates the 'good' from the 'greats' and I, for one am disappointed that he was never given that chance as I too agree that he always acted as a consumate professional.

Rest in peace, Detroit.

Report Post Tip

"DeadlySin won't risk losing his position at the top, so he won't let the community grow."

His reign cant last forever. When that time comes hopefully we will have a better leader.

Report Post Tip

"I obtained information that an upper structure of Detroit's Godfather family had implied their support to others in the removal of New Orleans"

"Myself and DeadlySin are fair people, there are only so many times we can hear of someone offering to help attack us and just let it slide."

I find this rather confusing. If Detroit had only "implied their support" would that not mean that someone else was conspiring and had consulted Detroit? If there was a conspiracy between leaders, why was it that Detroit was the city chosen to fall? Were they the weaker link? Have I missed something here?

Report Post Tip

'A better leader'....When someone else becomes the top dog, those below him will wish for a replacement then too. Everyone likes to cast stones at the man on top, regardless of whom it is.

Report Post Tip

May the angels guide you to God, by my hands i now set you free. The angels now may rest in peace Detroit.

Wanders off in his turtle-neck, joint and pistol in hand.

Report Post Tip

I give Countdown the most credit and utmost respect. He is one of the very few on these streets that actually speaks his mind without fear of being killed for his words. I tip my hat to you sir.

Report Post Tip

We're dictators? Then why aren't we doing this more often?

I’ve only played this game for 5 months so I’m no authority on anything. But in that 5 months I’ve only seen 2 wars both of which involved the 2 of you completely wiping out 2 cities. Seems pretty often to me bro. But its whatever, enjoy your game.

Report Post Tip

1/3 of the useable cities have been wiped out.

Who's Next?

I hope NY, NO and CH are prepared better than DT did.

Report Post Tip

I find it ironic that in all of the rhetoric displayed by the sons of the Detroit fallen, not once have I actually heard one person deny the claim that the Detroit hierarchy had aims to eliminate New Orleans....

As a Member of the New Orleans crime syndicate, I find any threat to my well-being and those of my family as a prime concern everyday.  To be honest, I became increasingly suspicious of Detroit malice and mal-intentions when I would be invited to OC groups by random Detroit members everyday and have nothing happen for over a half hour each time... Wasting what could have been valuable earnings.  Mind you, these suspicions are difficult to explain or discern, however when you hear reports of similar transgressions from your fellow cohorts in their interactions with Detroit... You're not fucking crazy.  Perhaps a little on-edge... But not crazy.

And perhaps I will be the one to bring up a subject that has been carefully debated over the past couple of weeks, but im tired of nobody voming out and saying it...I do believe Detroit was a prime example and the greatest perpetrators of the seemingly auto-promoting tendencies of their members.  

Ok, I get it.. You were all tight-knit and trusted one another so much that promotions were never an issue. 

But from one old time Mafioso to the bunch... I'm not buying that bullshit.  I'm not buying it one bit.

Detroit had mal-intentions from day one and the members they chose to harbor were evidence to this fact.  Detroit was a cluster of a lot of good men with the bad and if there is one thing I know - you are the company you keep.

To the good men in the fallen Detroit, may you rest in piece with the solace that you were not your own downfall.

for the rest - good fucking riddance.  

Report Post Tip

I find it ironic that in all of the rhetoric displayed by the sons of the Detroit fallen, not once have I actually heard one person deny the claim that the Detroit hierarchy had aims to eliminate New Orleans....

There is hardly a huge outpouring of "rhetoric displays" by the sons of the fallen members of Detroit.  There was no plan to attack New Orleans, so consider it officially denied.  End of the day, it does not matter.  Phil heard some things he did not like, and unfortunately for the residents of Detroit, Revolve had not managed to build enough trust for this to have been handeled another way. 

As a Member of the New Orleans crime syndicate, I find any threat to my well-being and those of my family as a prime concern everyday.  To be honest, I became increasingly suspicious of Detroit malice and mal-intentions when I would be invited to OC groups by random Detroit members everyday and have nothing happen for over a half hour each time... Wasting what could have been valuable earnings.  Mind you, these suspicions are difficult to explain or discern, however when you hear reports of similar transgressions from your fellow cohorts in their interactions with Detroit... You're not fucking crazy.  Perhaps a little on-edge... But not crazy.

No, seriously, you are bat shit crazy.  That would be a pretty out of control nonsense thing for us to have planned.  

And perhaps I will be the one to bring up a subject that has been carefully debated over the past couple of weeks, but im tired of nobody voming out and saying it...I do believe Detroit was a prime example and the greatest perpetrators of the seemingly auto-promoting tendencies of their members.  

Ok, I get it.. You were all tight-knit and trusted one another so much that promotions were never an issue. 

Actually, Detroit was an experiment city, that Revolve did his best to unite after he earned the rank of Godfather. You will never accurately say that Revolve's family gave away promotions.  Most of the members he had when he died had been held back for more than one promotion.  I know that the other families agreed at one point to have made multiple made members vouch for each new assosiate.  End of the day though, it is really none of your business.  I LOVE how now that Detroit is dead, you feel the need to "vome" right out and say this.  End of the day, you really do not know what you are talking about. 

Detroit had mal-intentions from day one and the members they chose to harbor were evidence to this fact.  Detroit was a cluster of a lot of good men with the bad and if there is one thing I know - you are the company you keep.

From day one? Detroit was a collection of crews that applied.  After three months, Revolve managed to be the last of the initial crews to enter, and was able to obtain the rank of Godfather.  Detroit did not "harbor" anyone, ever.  That implies that we kept people alive who deserved to be dead.  Seems to me you are complaining retroactively that we didn't bloodline hunt people.   

All in all, your comments are completely uncalled for, and make you look ridiculous.  Way to go.

Report Post Tip

"However, 17 hours ago, I obtained information that an upper structure of Detroit's Godfather family had implied their support to others in the removal of New Orleans."

Upper Structure - Who? They're all dead so keeping it secret now is pointless. We'd like to know who to avoid in the future.

Others? - I only saw 1 city killed off. So either it was Detroit and Detroit.... not others... or the real threat, the one asking for help and the one planning to remove New Orleans is still out there.

I have yet to hear those 2 parts successfully answered. Who was the upper structure and who were they helping?

Report Post Tip

The first time I had heard such information was when LA, KingSao and Neon tried to coerce me into killing DeadlySin.

I don't think you messaging them saying you are unhappy with D.S. and seeing if they would like your help is coercion ...

Coercion (pron.: /ko???r??n/) is the practice of forcing another party to act in an involuntary manner (whether through action or inaction) by use of threats or intimidation or some other form of pressure or force.)

In fact I think you offered up your services to them as a plot to see who all would go against D.S. perhaps a different word should be inserted here?

Report Post Tip

Rattle, Seems ta me dat "at the end of the day", its all what I like ta call, academic. as in, leave it to da professors wit da fuckin' college Degrees.

Off, you gottcha Explanation. Your family and yourself all died, your pissed, we geddit. Now,are ya gonna do somthin about it, or are ya gonna bitch and moan and jump off the fuckin' umpire state buildin'. and if ya are, wouldja kinda geddit over wit', I get tired of listenin' ta Drivvel.

Report Post Tip

I want to make something quite clear. I have no issue with other cities building. I have no issue with other cities being strong.

What I do take issue with, is when a city is trying to tempt others into attacking my people.

Multiple times I heard whispers of Detroit offering their services in attacking PH or NO, I dismissed these as rumour because I was never brought anything or told anything even slightly concrete. When I heard it this time it was not just rumour, and it made both myself and Phil_Steak realise that Detroit truly were against us from the start.

Jelena, you are correct. The first time was LA, who we discovered were planning an attack on my city, so we killed. The second time was to SquidMaster who we found out was trying to garner support to attack myself and NO, who we also killed. The third time the people who were offered the 'support' of Detroit came to us, so quite clearly there are no bad feelings or any conspiracies there.

Countdown, had it been the same member of the upper structure each time, then yes, I see how what you're saying is right. But it wasn't, and it was clear that these offers were sincere and coming from higher up the chain.

bonjovi, you are also correct. Nothing lasts forever. But if you don't want me as a leader... don't join Philadelphia... it's that simple. Given that I'm obviously such a shit leader, it won't take you long to find a better one in one of the other fine cities of America.

DOA, another person who is correct! You're seeing things in a slightly warped way though. Had LA not plotted to kill me and encouraged two of my own leaders to turn on me, they would still be here. Had Detroit not displayed obvious contempt and offered their services numerous times to help people kill PH or NO, they would also still be here. So yes, whilst what you say is true, you are missing the key point that they planned to attack me (or at least tried to tempt people into it) first - tell me this, if you knew someone was planning on killing you, would you sit back and wait for them to shoot first?

Last but not least, Off. Tell me this. Why would I attack any of those cities? None of them have planned to attack me. None of them have even hinted at attacking me. New Orleans and Chicago both were populated initially by Philly, and have been wonderful allies. I threw Philadelphia headfirst into what was two cities attacking one, a losing battle when we joined it, to eventually turn the tide to victory in my support of New York (who have also been wonderful allies) - why would I dishonour the memory of the Philadelphians who laid down their lives by killing the people they helped to protect?

what - I don't expect you to know this since you clearly weren't alive back then, but you'll find that the initial approach was by LA. All Phil had to do was nod and smile as they gave up all their plans to him willingly.

All in all, if I feel there is any real danger to my people, I will protect them. If that means blood has to be spilled, then blood will be spilled. My city members have given their lives for me and the city, and I would lay my own life on the line to protect them. It's that simple.

Report Post Tip

DeadlySin I do presume to know what I am talking about as my grandmother spoke directly to Phil Steak just after the moment he offered to help King Sao. So there for I'm sure that again coerce wasn't the proper word.

Report Post Tip

There is hardly a huge outpouring of "rhetoric displays" by the sons of the fallen members of Detroit.  There was no plan to attack New Orleans, so consider it officially denied.  End of the day, it does not matter.  Phil heard some things he did not like, and unfortunately for the residents of Detroit, Revolve had not managed to build enough trust for this to have been handeled another way. 

Rattle, if there is one thing I learned in the one hour it took for Godfather Phil_Steak to muster an army and proceed to wipe out Detroit from the face of this earth, it's that there needs no long-term planning to take out an empire.  Matter of fact, if we had had the opportunity to learn of an actual plan, it would have been long past readiness time.  The Godfather of New Orleans took action before there could be a plan constructed and therefore was operating in the best interests of his city and perhaps even of the others that may be threatened at a later time.  So deny any constructs as you will in the hope of sounding reasonable... But all this is.. Is conjecture.  Reality is the perceived threat is the assault... Battery is the action.  We were assaulted and Detroit was battered.  End of story.

No, seriously, you are bat shit crazy.  That would be a pretty out of control nonsense thing for us to have planned.  

Maybe a stretch to argue this was planned, and maybe I give Detroit too much credibility here... But I've seen crazier shit happen in this thing of ours and you never stop being surprised by the designs of others.  Ill assume these incidents were merely coincidental and move on..

Actually, Detroit was an experiment city, that Revolve did his best to unite after he earned the rank of Godfather. You will never accurately say that Revolve's family gave away promotions.  Most of the members he had when he died had been held back for more than one promotion.  I know that the other families agreed at one point to have made multiple made members vouch for each new assosiate.  End of the day though, it is really none of your business.  I LOVE how now that Detroit is dead, you feel the need to "vome" right out and say this.  End of the day, you really do not know what you are talking about. 

Ok, Detroit was an 'experiment'al city and even Godfather Phil_Steak agreed that Revolves conduct in business was top notch.. and yes, I love the vouching process, I'm glad Detroit came up with that idea.... *sigh*... But I had to 'vome' out and say it after the fact, not because I feared retribution from anyone in Detroit, but rather, so my own opinions did not cause any grief with the upper structure of New Orleans in its diplomacy with Detroit.  Obviously this matters little after the fact and in my frustration with the 'rattle' I've heard from the sons of the Detroit fallen, I believe it necessary for this topic to be discussed in detail.  Now, to place blame on one city at one moment of history would be highly irresponsible and ignorant, but the opinion that Detroit crews were promoting members frequently and immediately were not simply my own.  Perhaps it will help Detroit sleep in peace if they believe otherwise, and maybe that's for the best now, but just know one thing rattle... You aren't fooling anyone.  As they say...

"If they can't swallow facts, let them eat fiction."

From day one? Detroit was a collection of crews that applied.  After three months, Revolve managed to be the last of the initial crews to enter, and was able to obtain the rank of Godfather.  Detroit did not "harbor" anyone, ever.  That implies that we kept people alive who deserved to be dead.  Seems to me you are complaining retroactively that we didn't bloodline hunt people.    

All in all, your comments are completely uncalled for, and make you look ridiculous.  Way to go.

I appreciate the history lesson as I was not a part of this particularly recent period, however I believe you misconstrued my intended claim... I will say first, Bloodline hunting was a nasty period that my forefathers have long remembered and it was a regrettable part of the communities history.  At one time, even my fathers were victi,s in this assault.  I have in no way with my statements here, condoned, approved, or otherwise encouraged this behavior or methodology.  I believe your misdirection with these comments was an aim to attempt and make me appear foolish rather than actually defend a position on the subject of harboring the same scumbags.  The community agreed long ago that bloodline killing was not only unethical, but also intolerable... But who the hell held a gun to your head and told you that you had to invite all the bastards?  So once again, I will say it.. I'm not buying the bullshit.  Ridiculous?  The only ridiculousness I've seen was Detroits poor attempt at humor with their sons aliases.  It's amazing the behavior I've seen from some of the upper echelon over the past few weeks and the organization of hooliganism in the aftermath speaks volumes.

If you don't know what propensity means, look it up.

Sincerely,

Ballsy

Report Post Tip

Rattle, if there is one thing I learned in the one hour it took for Godfather Phil_Steak to muster an army and proceed to wipe out Detroit from the face of this earth, it's that there needs no long-term planning to take out an empire.  Matter of fact, if we had had the opportunity to learn of an actual plan, it would have been long past readiness time.  The Godfather of New Orleans took action before there could be a plan constructed and therefore was operating in the best interests of his city and perhaps even of the others that may be threatened at a later time.  So deny any constructs as you will in the hope of sounding reasonable... But all this is.. Is conjecture.  Reality is the perceived threat is the assault... Battery is the action.  We were assaulted and Detroit was battered.  End of story.

Right.  It would obviously not take two very long standing, competent and well protected cities very much time at all to plan and enact a completely shattering attack on Detroit.  If you had any understanding at all of what it is to plan an assult, you would know without a doubt that Detroit would not have been capable of doing anything close to that amount of damage on against any of the other cities of the game.  We just didn't have the fire power or the connections... even if we had had the inclination.  You really just do not know what you are talking about. 

I am not trying to fool anyone.  I know there was no attack in the works against New Orleans, because I would have been planning it.  I know that Revolve didn't have some secret talks with Squidmaster, because well...  Revolve hardly knew him, and he and I didn't have a good personal relationship.  I can understand people thinking that we were rooting for Simplicity/KingSao/Innocence.  I know I was.  We didn't approach other cities and attempt to garner support.  That we died because others believed otherwise is completely fair enough.  If I were in Phil's position, I likely would have taken the same actions.  I bear no ill will towards any of the people who aided in the attack of my mother. 

My only cause for complaint is that you, sir, have seemingly decided to pretend that a plethora of children from the deceased city came to the streets throwing insults and whining when that is simply not the case.  Yes Kuku made a speech, but he was always going to do that.  His speech has nothing to do with the rest of us.  You had no reason at all to come out to the streets with your large brush and not only attempt to pain the dead as underhanded business leaders who purposefully delayed your ability to make cash, but also to claim that we had inappropriate promotion practices.  You have come here to make these accusations for no reason, no purpose at all.  Perhaps you think it makes you look well informed, in the know, or even a capable street speaker.  I said it before, and I will say it again, You look ridiculous.

Report Post Tip

I have no issue with the reasoning behind your takedown of the city my father had worked so heard to build. Matter of fact, I am of the school of thought that an explanation of a take down is completely unnecessary and is just given as a courtesy by most leaders. However, since both Godfathers Phil_Steak and Godfather DeadlySin have come to the Streets to inform us of their reasoning behind the actions they have taken, I have a question to ask.

In two cases, 'someone from the Detroit upper structure' has been mentioned. I would like to know who it was as my father was a member of the upper structure himself and from what he could make out, everyone who held a Slanty or Bold suit in that city was fully devoted to making Detroit stronger and to avoid confrontations at all cost, if you really want reasoning for the latter, look at how easily you managed to execute this take down. So, in conclusion, I would like to know who this mystery man/woman is....

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The happenings in Detroit just meow
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL