Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 09:33:18
Page:  1 
Let There Be Light Started by: Stewart_Pearson on Feb 13, '13 21:51

So, another city falls and the land we grace and life we live has shrunk back to the dull, grey, bland steady state of tedium.

As I walk down the streets I pass shadows through cast by the orange light of the street lamps and as I do I can see where I’m going., able to plot my course from crime to crime with ease. In the streets where the lights are out, it’s dull, dank and it gives me time to think as I take my time to check there’s no hoodlum lurking to attack.

Last night, I just sat on a bin, thinking about life when it hit me that this god-forsaken life and the street lamps above are analogous. The lights give out energy when contents of the bulbs are excited. They illuminate all around and gave their surroundings life. On an atomic level, photons are emitted as electrons drop from their excited state to a lower energy state. This steady state is the natural state for the material.

Just like here. Things get excited, a city is given a short leash but as sure as eggs are eggs, to ensure a steady state, the natural order is restored and in a burst of energy the occupants emitted and we’re back to square one. Sucked back to the dull, stale, lifeless husk of a life that drives men mad.

Phil_Steak says he needs to establish his city. What else does he have to establish? Does he need every member IWP’d? Sammy_Garcini said recently there is no need to expand into new cities since the current ones aren’t close to being full.

Really?

I despair. I really do.

Inertia, paranoia and a desire to stifle. True leadership qualities.

Report Post Tip

What is it you propose that would fix our current dilemma?

Report Post Tip

What I say, is the truth and fact.
What you state, is your opinion and feelings.

Inertia? This is what I call establishing one project before moving to another.
Paranoia? This is what is called being calculated and creating a plan before acting.
Desire to stifle? Stifle who exactly? Is it I who want to stifle, or is it you that want to stifle what I have worked hard for?

Report Post Tip

Some call the lulls in overt activity inertia, others have described it as a golden age, where longevity is established, and hardworking (and connected) bloodlines can set about creating a name and a nestegg for themselves.

Whichever description you prefer, it's probably safe to say that this particular moment, not era, lacks a certain dynamism. 

But things are cyclical.  As surely as wars are fought, people die, regimes are replaced and things start anew.

We all like drama, intrigue, suspense and excitement.  I do, perhaps more than most.  But to describe what's happening right now as inertia is incorrect in my opinion. 

Report Post Tip

the hulkster flexes

inertia?!

hogan scratches his head and laughs

well i can tell you something dudes and that is I have no idea what that means!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Let There Be Light
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL