Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 05:07:02
Page:  1 
The Reformation Started by: Kuku- on Feb 21, '13 23:36

Coming from a bloodline that is somewhat tainted can be a blessing in disguise.  Why, I hear you ask?  Let me share that with you.  Simply put, I am watched, intently, scrutinised fervently and monitored not at all gently. 

What is the end result of this? Reformation.

Reformation of a bloodline and reformation of character.

who to thank? Expert leadership from my Don and my Godfather. Who to praise? The fine people of this thing who support what was seen by some as impossible.

whats the price? I've lost some friends, some who wanted me to be the Street's court jester.

what do I say to them?

THAT'S ALL FOLKS!!!

What do I want to talk about?

Who has changed the most, in this thing of ours?

Report Post Tip

One name that comes to mind is Countdown. I remember a time when his bloodline was hated, the mere mention of his name was said with disdain. Over recent time I believe that has changed. He's played it 'straight' so to speak and the stigma attached to his name has faded away. I have little experience with him on a personal level, but his line seems to be a proper answer to the question youve posed.

Report Post Tip

I disagree Alexander. My bloodline has always loved that of Countdowns... even back in the day, he was known as the no nonsense type, and he always had the respect of my ancestors. Those who disliked his forefathers simply didn't know him, or where jealous of his abilities. Whilst Countdown himself may be a little more easy going than the TeQ's of past, there doesn't appear to be any real difference to me.

Report Post Tip

People constantly reform based on those who are in power at the time.

In the main if chosen coffee shop friends are not in power then people will laze about, and do not much until someone they know well gets a chance. Then they ask to leave, suicide, or make a calculated mistake. The latest person from the bloodline comes off the boat and gives it their 100% again.

Such is our way of life.

Report Post Tip

I remember when there was a bunch of bloodlines actually banned from all cities, and their current bloodlines at the time were all killed off. I know for a fact, 90% of those bloodlines are all now, decent enough to happily play amongst the very people who were more than happy to try to ban them.

In fact some have rose to gf positions some are guarded by and insane amount of body guards and are trusted enough to sit in decent positions within our society.

My bloodline included, i have come full circle, imo. As have most of who were involved in the banning.

Report Post Tip

Who has changed the most, in this thing of ours?

As others have said, Countdowns bloodline is one that immediately springs to mind. Whilst they have always been good at what they did, much like Kuku's bloodline there was a time where what they were good at was simply making a fool of themselves.

That said, I agree with Isiah in that many people change depending on those in Power. Whilst there are others who have a different type of change, each son may differ from their father, or daugther from mother. We aren't all carbon copies of our parents.

Some would say that i'm very different from some of my more laid back ancestors, to that I say thank you. I am my own man and I walk these streets in my own way (or should that be hobble, these short stumps can't exactly stride about..)

On the back of the original topic itself, I'd like to publicly say well done to Kuku-. Its not easy for a leopard to change its spots, especially when its one thats watched by all and sundry. I would like to think that with the expense on those men following you around everywhere, you have all the added incentive (not that any was needed) to ensure you don't waste this new lease of life. I look forward to watching you grow here in Philly.

Report Post Tip

I disagree Alexander. My bloodline has always loved that of Countdowns... even back in the day, he was known as the no nonsense type, and he always had the respect of my ancestors. Those who disliked his forefathers simply didn't know him, or where jealous of his abilities. Whilst Countdown himself may be a little more easy going than the TeQ's of past, there doesn't appear to be any real difference to me.

I appear to have missed that comment.

Raoul my old friend, I have to disagree and side with Alexander (No he didn't pay me to say that with his new found wealth). Whilst I have always admired the TeQ bloodline, I have read several family journals where his and mine have interacted, to say that his ancestor Pepsi was no more different to Countdown would be highly inaccurate. The other members of his bloodline in that era were again of similar nature to Pepsi, a far cry from Countdown. It is one of things I have always respected about Countdown and his other more recent bloodline members, he has transformed his attitude to this thing of ours and that has passed from generation to generation for a long time now. Thats not to say he isn't a straight forward in your face bastard at times, but thats one of the things I love about him.

Report Post Tip

How thw world works, People change,

Report Post Tip

People change.. but some people never do change.

I have seen people go from cheating, scripting and working in underground groups going rogue as soon as possible with only the intent to kill and hurt.. turn into godfathers more than once.

Our world is interesting and always changing, and time can heal most things around here.. MOST things, yet there will always be that 1% that never grows up.

Report Post Tip

Speaking from experience there Striphe grins

Though I mean from your underground past of course, nothing more.

Report Post Tip

When we think of bloodlines that were absolutely hated, many names I am sure come to mind...

They all chose to act or speak "stupidly" according to what is socially permissible behavior.  

If there is one thing I know about stupid... It is not a condition, but rather a choice.. A culture... A way of life.

When we choose to listen to the reason of others over our own insanity (repeatedly doing the same thing over and over)... We begin to change consciously and sub-consciously.

Of course, sometimes it is simply the maturity of a bloodline that we must await coming into its own before any change will be possible.

Report Post Tip

*blushes*

Well shucks guys!

Although... I have to disagree (lol.. surprised?). My blood has yet to be fully tested... sure there has already been moments in my generous lifespan when someone of my blood would have flown off the handle and ended up on a cold hard mortuary slab. The furore surrounding the death of my former Godfather, Squidmaster is one of them. However because of who I would be letting down (DeadlySin), I couldn't bring myself to do it. I won't pretend that we've always liked DeadlySin's bloodline, as there have been many occasions in the coffeeshops where we've disagreed on subjects and even in the streets. Thinking about it... it's very rare we actually agree on anything, but just because we dont see eye-to-eye on a personal level a lot of the time doesnt mean I can't work for him. You don't have to be all buddy buddy with your boss... in fact it's better if you're not. Even though we disagree on a lot, I know I can voice my opinion without fear of retribution... as long as I'm not resorting to name calling and hissy fits. I TRUST my boss and that's why I am still alive today... too many times my blood has had to play an 'underdog' type role because of those in power and unfortunately that lead to random outbursts of frustration being shown publicly. Nowadays I'm allowed to vent my anger as long as I keep it below a certain line. When I'm dangerously close to that line I am told where I am and it triggers something inside me to dial it back a little. We've never had that luxury (understandably on .org) in all our time here, once I said the wrong thing or was close to crossing this imaginary line I was killed. No warning, no 'stfu', just death.

The true test is if I am put in a position of power. That is the true test of any "reformee" because for all the work we do to change people's views of us there will always be that niggling thought in the back of people's minds saying "When he has the power... is he/she going to go mad with it?".

Sorry I got a little sidetracked, but it seemed apt to throw in here with people discussing my family history.

Report Post Tip

The true test is if I am put in a position of power. That is the true test of any "reformee" because for all the work we do to change people's views of us there will always be that niggling thought in the back of people's minds saying "When he has the power... is he/she going to go mad with it?".

You have made a very good point here Countdown. A position of power is surely the ultimate test for a reformee. This will surely test and show the growth of your character and overall fortitude.

A position of power is the ultimate test for just about everyone though. Many are incapable of leading without getting a superior than though attitude. It is a fine line to walk and one that is surely most challenging for a reformee. I dare to say anyone who is not truly a reformee and portrays poor judgment and lack of control over ones self while leading is far worse than a reformee who tries and fails. Frankly, I would believe that taking a chance on a reformee would be well worth it as they most often understand much more than an average leader and would be able to relate better to their crew. Their history would come through and their courage would shine during troubling times including wars. I would follow a reformee before anyone else.

Report Post Tip

People only change as much as their surrondings, however many a person have changed through their own decision due to the way they have been treated. I don;t think many people have changed, just gotten older.

Report Post Tip

People only change as much as their surrondings, however many a person have changed through their own decision due to the way they have been treated.

I couldn't agree more. There are only so many times you can kick someone before they turn vicious. So if people are always kicking or poking at someone I can't imagine you would expect too much other than them turning around and biting you.

Report Post Tip

What about the opposite? Anyone gone from hero to less then zero?

Report Post Tip

My old friend Prem's line probably went the greatest change of all.  From a rogue, random wacker, disrespecter of order, he morphed into an establishment lackey, crushing mercilessly those who displayed any of his former traits. Possibly he realised that his organisational skills and doubtless talent could be put to better use.

whatever the truth, his transformation was incredible. He seems to be semi retired now, living quietly. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Reformation
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL