Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 03:48:12
Page:  1 
Innovation Started by: Kuku- on Feb 26, '13 19:24

We all know who we like to see, friends, loved ones, even enemies that make our lives interesting.

But WHAT would we LIKE to see?

Innovation... That which is new, something thus far unseen. Or maybe something familiar, enhanced, tweaked.

If we were to start again, how would you like things to be done?

Report Post Tip

A group of friends and myself recently talked about this. After the gods did a reset there was a brief time when the world was based on cycles. Dooms day was always known in advance and the world's population was ever so active in its attempt for power.

The likes of DiscoDuck, and his posee of hitman dominated others while they tried to take refuge. Not everyone knows this but before DiscoDuck, the world was divided up with how it is today. But there were opportunities always within grasps. There was a "Godfather Council" like we have today but back then someone's word did not always match their fire power. So if the idea between a few of your friends was to go against the local "Godfather" you did just that.

And even before this, crews were being set up in all cities throughout the country. If someone wanted to attempt and leave their mark on humanity, they did.

These days the days are slower, longer even. I hope to see something new with the introduction of districts. Something that brings the population to where it once was. The idea of politics has now been replaced with the way of the gun. The age of opportunity is now the age of protection, and even whom you know.

Report Post Tip

I look forward to the change over to the Districts. I believe its innovation that shall change our world for the good. A fresh look, a different way of going about things, it will be good for all peoples involved.

Report Post Tip

We all look for something different in the world. when there is nothing new being introduced, we demand change. If we don't like the change, then we want things to go back to how they used to be in "the good old days", or there is not enough change, or too much change. Whatever the situation and climate of our world the people in it will never be happy; or even content.

It's in our nature it seems to complain or fight a system or structure we have been perpetually unhappy with. At any point in our history a group of people were unhappy enough to stand here, take to their soap box and rant to the masses. We don't need some deus ex machina, we need to find a way to exist today. We need to find a way to shape ourselves to our changing environments. Gods have whispered of interesting times ahead our world will be reshaped in ways we can't even fully appreciate yet, it's time we accepted the universe for what it is.

I am not standing here preaching some exclusively reactive existence, if you are someone who feels they have something great to offer then speak up... God knows our streets have been filled with more tumbleweeds than words lately, but; don't expect others to bring the change you seek. We tend to look to the heavens and expect them to make things better, like they will have all the answers to our troubles, that is not a solution. This has always been a world that has encouraged new ideas, it's not our world that has lost all it's colour and life, it's our people.

Where is our next Mafia Tribune? We certainly have the population in the 6 cities to support a full time start that can kick out a publication every fortnight, or even weekly. The streets were always the heart beat of our world, it's up to us, the people to bring it back to life. I don't wish to take away from the publicaitons like Tea Time which are a welcome read in the streets, I am merely suggesting a Mafia Tribune of old. Mr Kuku- has asked a good question here, he has got people thinking, well me thinking....

I wouldn't change anything, I'd ask that people change the way they choose to see our world.

Report Post Tip

The standard retort, to trains a gun and do something, is fairly redundant.  Instead, we should be talking about what *changes* we want- not what personnel we want changed.

now, for example, if I was ever in charge of a crew/city, I would issue a statement when every Made member of mine fell. Why? People want to know, I accepted that member's oath and therefore take ownership of his fate, if not the entirety of his actions whilst alive.

i would write, or at least have written, a weekly paper. About what's been going on, the view for where Im sitting and so on.

i would agitate for a Street protocol - strict guidelines on what will, and what won't, get a person shot.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Innovation
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL