Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 13:34:34
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Where and Who Started by: Lamby on Feb 28, '13 15:09

What city where you in when you made your bones. Who was the city head?

Making your bones is so much more than just becoming made. Some may not want to admit it but getting made never has the same standards based on who the leader is for better or worse.

Really critique yourself and ask where and under who did I truly earn the respect if my city and peers and make my bones.

I spent many years playing this game as a teenager. Started when I was 15. So needless to say it took me many years to make my bones. Early it wasn't until I was stationed in New Orleans under Ghost(rorog) until I made my bones. At that point I even changed my call sign to what it will forever be BigEasy.

I would love to hear others stories. The history and personal journies of this game have always interested me and I'm sure others would love to hear these stories as well

Report Post Tip

It probably took me a couple of years to truly mature, but if there is a point in time I truly earned my bones it was about 10 years ago in LA..

I was the LHM to DarthSidious in the DarkSide family.  It still to this day remains one of the best families I have ever had the privelage to serve.

As for on MafiaReturns, I did not make my bones a second time on here with the same community years leader until Kendra ruled from stop the ivory tower and I was a Don with my very own crew in Chicago.  That too was a great honor.

Report Post Tip

Steeldawn, I made my bones with. No offence to everyone else but I think she was the best ever and being her RH and LH really made me proud.

Made my bones: http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/toalyscrew/whotoaly.htm

and of course my early family story which has been around forever and people must be fed up of waiting for the second part (one of the articles in the newspaper):- http://jaundies.com/Gazette/2004/May2004/Issue155.htm

Report Post Tip

Hmmm... tough one for me.

I would probably say I first got to know a few people just after the original V-day back on mafia.org (2003) when I joined a nutcase named CrossDeLena... lol. This guy is one of the funniest people I've ever met, top bloke. In his Czyharz crew which he inherited from DmitriCzylharz (after he decided to step down) Cross ran a very tight family... most definitely the tightest family I've ever been in, I met a lot of great people there and a lot of them have gone on to be good friends... some of them even turned out to be some of the best friends I've ever had in real life too. This is where I first met true famiglia.

However, for making my bones I would probably have to say during my underground days with Ironfist. We started out as a couple of people who rogued simultaneously and decided to make a room called #rogue... from there made plans to go rogue again only with each others help... by now there was myself, Cav, Striphe... PurpleHaZe was my sponsor so we had money to but the HQ's at earner and rogue and every few days we rogued together taking out some serious targets, including high-ranked crewleaders. After the success we had, we decided we wanted to recruit, so we made the room #ironfist on IRC and announced our formation in the streets. The room was usually fairly busy with people wanting to know what we were upto and we would openly recruit in the channel by making people "take a shot for us"... half the time it was whoever was the first person in the locals we saw, although we did have periods where we had specific targets... people who abused our name in the streets, anyone who stood up to us and any crewleader. There was a small time where we specifically targetted one leader's family after something he had said in public about us (TheIncredibleDrunk) but otherwise we were purely there to 'liven the place up'. There was even an Ironfist website setup by GWB where a small group of us at the top of the chain communicated targets and other information... lol.

All in all, it was a pretty good time to play the game... but the more infamous we became, the more I got out into the street to talk about what we had done/were going to do, this is probably where I 'made my bones' I guess as eventually I left Ironfist and sort of straightened up... the people I had targeted agreed not to have me killed if I used a recognisable name. This is also probably where I got my 'extra bit of leeway'  in the streets. I spoke my mind and it was 'put up with' for peace's sake. Ironfist carried on for a while afterwards but like all underground groups, they evetually split.

Report Post Tip

I genuinely found my bones while my bloodline served in Philly under Godfather Grif. After his gun malfunction I worked for Cassi, acting Godmother of Philly. Working as her RHM we had many obstacles to over come including the huge takedown of Premier and Roman. I was actually a casualty of Premier's lethal gun. And soon after that Cassi was gunned down by a rogue by the name of jynx. No intentions really, she just wanted to shoot Cassi.

My other huge break through I've had was when my bloodline entered the Chicago Experiment. Myself along with Vasily eventually were given the rights of keeping Chicago after the huge LA/LV vs PH/NY war. Our efforts were rewarded with the city of Chicago. It was tough though surviving those days as I was a youngster and everyone else out gunned me. The other crews in the city sided with LA/LV while I was left alone, StanPython helped a bit but laid low. After the dust settled I stayed in Chicago while he departed to New Orleans.

I have had other previous names/aliases throughout the years but those are my more recent and older accounts. I am very eager to hear of everyone's past.

Report Post Tip

And soon after that Cassi was gunned down by a rogue by the name of jynx. No intentions really, she just wanted to shoot Cassi.

Jynx wasn't a Rogue. She was a CL at the time, can't quite think the character name was at the time either, but jynx is her IRC name.

Report Post Tip

I would consider a GF taking a pop shot at a sleeping CL who was not involved in a war that she was currently fighting in, a rogue action.

Report Post Tip

Tyrion, the name you are looking for is Jade.

As for being a rogue action or not, to each their own. In my opinion, MichaelLaMotta has quite murky idea what it actually carries as a term.

Report Post Tip

how would one describe a godfather shooting a sleeping CL that wasnt involved in said war then? for curiousitys sake

Report Post Tip

I think she was the master of the round robin.

Report Post Tip

Alexander, let me ask you this for curiosity sake as well. If today one of the current GFs decides to shoot a CL for no apparent reason besides what he has a motive known only to himself, how would you describe it? Would that turn the GF into a rogue?

Report Post Tip

I didnt refer to them as a rogue. I asked a question in reference to some of the responses.

Report Post Tip

collateral damage?

Report Post Tip

Cassi was not involved in the said war that Jade was fighting. Cassi was an innocent bystander.

Jade could have shot at someone who was firing at her or her city but she chose to kill a sleeping CL who was not fighting against her.

Report Post Tip

Lot of good memories here.

Report Post Tip

Alexander, let me ask you this for curiosity sake as well. If today one of the current GFs decides to shoot a CL for no apparent reason besides what he has a motive known only to himself, how would you describe it? Would that turn the GF into a rogue?

That isn't the situation that is being discussed though. Did Jade need a reason to shoot my ancestor? No. Had she shot me for looking at her cross eyed one day would that make her a rogue? No. Was shooting my ancestor, who was not only one, not involved in a war that she was currently fighting in, but two, sleeping as well and no direct threat to her a rogue action? Most definitely. When you're being shot at by your enemy, when your whole city is dying, counting on you to protect them, why would you waste a valuable shot on a sleeping, non-threatening person, instead of shooting at your enemy that is killing off your family at that very moment?

Report Post Tip

No matter what the answer is to that question it will be responded to the same way war threads are. There is obviously no answer that will be acceptable to some people.

Over the years here and on other games I've often wondered why people did certain things. Some things people do make no sense to others. They have their reasons or simply do it because they can. It is what it is.

One question that comes to mind about this discussion is how an authorized leader is considered a rogue. If a member of a family takes an unauthorized shot that's a rogue action. An authorized leader shooting another leader is an act of war regardless if there is another war happening.

Report Post Tip

"An authorized leader shooting another leader is an act of war regardless if there is another war happening."

Couldn't have said it better myself. If a Godfather, who is considered the will of the city and who makes all final decisions, shoots at another city. Especially if that other person is a head of a city. That is no rogue act. That is a deceleration of war. Obviously Jade just wanted to take down as many people as she could with her. She had her reasons why.

As for the original topic of this thread. My first ancestor came upon the shores of Chicago under the reign of Nicky. From then on he moved up the ranks to eventually a Crew leader and to be under a new Godfather, Adrian. I gained a lot of great friends during my time there and still to do this day we eventually always end up in the same family/city and do fairly well. The war that ended the life of my ancestor in Chicago is probably what got me a bit more known and gain the respect of some of my peers. Probably only because I was completely noob and shouldn't have survived. But I like to think each of my ancestors have done very well for themselves over time. For me chicago will always have a soft spot in my heart. Because it is where it all began and it is where I met one of my best friends and few other close friends.

I also have great history involved with New York. But with every new ancestor that comes to these shores I always like to "make my bones" over and over again. Trying to rely on past history as little as possible. Only way to keep me interested.

Report Post Tip

jynx shoting Cassi was unnecessary, but it was hardly the actions of a 'rogue' CL. That whole shitstorm was a power grab to fill the vacuum created by the Roman takedown. By that logic one could say every city head involved in that fiasco was a rogue. Situations like that occur in RL mafia as well when a prominent power figure is taken down. Somebody has to fill that void. In my opinion it was not necessary for Cassi to be gunned down, but at the time jynx thought it was and there wasn't a whole lot of time to mull over whether or not she should be left alive. These things happen. I think people here often forget that no matter what people think this game is all about, it comes down to power.

To address Ballistic's original point though, my family tree began in Sidious's Darkside family as well and I went on to achieve some success there (relative to it being my first account). It was several generations later though under Tallian that I really 'made my bones' so to speak and really learned not only the fundamentals and intricacies of this game but how to really play effectively. I'd say I owe any successes large or small I've had here to the tutelege I received from him and his other kin, not to make his big head any bigger than it already is.

Report Post Tip

Sorry, I meant to say *Lamby's original point, not Ballistic's

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Where and Who
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL