Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 12:40:58
Page:  1 
Winter has come and gone. Started by: Tetley on Mar 14, '13 22:12

Tetley wandered into the chambers of the high council, the fabled home of the ruling powers of the House of Black and White. Kicking some rubble from the entrance, he angrily advanced towards the centre of the hall wondering what had happened while he was away.

"Isiah? Rhodes, where are you? Have you been drinking again? You've left this damn place looking like you've just had a sodding war in here!"

As the words began to echo around the chamber, Tetley noticed something pertruding from the massed ruins in front of him. It appeared to be an arm, with a puddle of crimson blood slowly swelling beneath it. Now rushing closer to the spot, images flashed through his mind. This wasn't unusal for the man, who had obtained the nickname Flash for just this reason, despite the numerous and believed true rumours of it being related to his... lack of... sexual prowess. He fearfully pictured one of the new squires burried beneath or even worse, could one of the knights or ladies of the house have been lost to such a horrid fate.

Scrambling to pull rocks and stones from his way, he was flooded with relief to see it wasn't one of the house burried beneath. There, instead, lay an old man. As his eyes rose up along the limp body, he stopped to observe a bullet hole straight into the mans heart. He knew now this was no accident, but what had happened here?

As he looked further, his gaze came to rest on an old face. A face that he knew all too well. This man was never seen often among the streets, but all of the residents of Bella Vista knew that cold scowl. Tetley stood in awe, as beneath him lay the body of a slain Godfather.

"Wha... what the hell happened?"

As Tetley struggled to find his words, Jaqen Hghar emerged from the shadows. Slowly cleaning his gun, as he frequently did, and wiping the sweat from his brow. A small smile slipped across Jaqen's face as he approached his old friend. They always knew this day would come when the district of Bella Vista would become too small for the old Godfather and the new family which had been growing rapidly, but never the less there was a sense of shock and awe at seeing Jaqen claim his place as a Godfather of Philadelphia.

Tetley rose slowly from the body, gathered his thoughts and slowly began to speak

"It's... it's done?"

Jaqen put his gun away, wiped the dust from his hands and in nothing more than a whisper stated

"A name was spoken, and a man did the rest."

Report Post Tip

Striding into the chambers, Satanta was shocked to see the chaos and destruction that lay around them. He froze with fear, afraid of what may lie ahead of him. Thinking back to a conversation he once had with Lord Hghar, he reheard the words echoing in his ears. "Can a man still be brave if he's afraid" the young squire had asked. Jaqen, taking a moment to ensure the young pup would fully comprehend him, "That is the only time a man can be brave". With that in mind, he continued into the room to confront whatever may await him.

As the figures of Tetley and Jaqen emerged from the darkness, it all began to make sense. When you play a game of thrones, you win or you die. This day, Jaqen had won and claimed that throne for himself.

Congratulations Godfather Hghar.

For those of us that have had the honour of serving under you in the House of Black and White, as the Faceless Men of Braavos, this is a great spectacle to witness. Your acts of valour and strength have earned you your place atop the district of Bella Vista, but I have no doubt you will continue to serve the district and the city of Philadelphia with the same determination and success that you've done to date in your new role as Godfather.

Report Post Tip

Jaqen had figured the task Deadly Sin gave him would be a lot harder than this, and even though the old Godfather of Bella Vista put up a good fight for his age, the mistake he made was to believe that Jaqen H'ghar would invite him to House of Black and White, to discuss the old man's terms, as if he would pay him a hundred million dollars in order for the old man to retire.

He believed the old Godfather had forgotten, possibly due to his old age... that men like them do not simply 'retire', they rose through the ranks and shed blood doing so, and ultimately it would be their blood being shed, that was the only way to leave this life of crime, with some dignity and your head held high.

"Valar Morghulis, you fought well old man." he said as he looked at the body on the floor. He then turned his gaze towards Tetley and smiled. "Walk with me, brother." And as they walked towards the exit, Jaqen told one of the Squires to clean up the mess and to make sure no one ever found the body, Jaqen patted Tetley on the shoulder as they got outside.

"I remember when you first came to us, a young summer child quivering in the cold winter outside House of Black and White. When your father, an old friend of mine, passed. You came to me for a home, a place to belong, and even though your father raised you in a warmer climate way out to the West in these lands, you still managed to make it through the winter, and it's been a long, dark, and cold winter.

But it seems winter is finally gone, and the sun has started shining bright again, and I want you... to shine with it." He said and smiled at Tetley, "but I want you to remember, that this house, will always be your home, good or bad times... You'll always have a place to go if you should ever need me. Don't be afraid though, you will not be leaving on your own." Jaqen said and nodded towards the garden to their right, where all the Faceless Men he had chosen to accompany Tetley were gathered. When Tetley finally turned to look at him, Jaqen handed him a set of keys, to his new car and his new home.

"Valar Dohaeris, Don Tetley of Bella Vista."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Winter has come and gone.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL