Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 14:03:58
Page:  1 
Does your Character inspire your Character? Started by: Kuku- on Mar 15, '13 12:17

Does the real life you shine through in your MR character/persona?

Do your ethics, values and attitudes find a place within your MR character/persona?

Do you allow the best/worst of your real life personality to be distilled into your MR character/persona?

Report Post Tip

Honestly, Yes it does.

I'm quite the anti social in this real life of ours.. But ingame i'm always an extremely polite mobster who values many morals, it does affect me in the real world, I was never a rude/mean person.. but MR has gotten me more social with people so its not all bad :p

Report Post Tip

I think for many of us, this will be the case. 

There are some players that roleplay a character down to the finest details and with a creative flair that someone like myself could never even aspire to achieve. To those, the roleplay aspect of the game takes on a life of its own and they can (and have, on many occasions extremely successfully) create an entirely new persona.

The majority however, myself included, role play the situation (being a mobster, being within the environment our world creates etc.) more so than the actual character. I've never gone into the level of detail I really should in terms of creating a backstory, creating a personality, creating a clear path in my mind of how a character will act under different circumstances... instead just being 'me' (or whatever ingame version of me I'm able to create given the roles the game may throw at us) while roleplaying the various situations as best I can. 

Report Post Tip

Yes it does, a lot.

I work as a Medical Fitness, sport trainer and masseur. My job is to keep people going and be a good listeren and of course give advice. Even in MR i try to keep that up. Listening to people, helping them out. I also do group activity's and have the ability to lead and that is one of my furure ambitions in this game aswell.

Report Post Tip

Despite the fact that I set out to stick to a character and role play that character as I expect they would act, there are always little bits of me that creep into them.

Tyrion is a devious little bastard, where as I'm a much more honest and straight forward type. Its difficult to remain true to a character completely when there is such a big difference between that and your own personality. Still, in the larger sense I do like to think its always Tyrion that is on display and not the real me.

Report Post Tip

Not really. Seeing as I haven't created a personality or background for my character, the real me has nothing to compare to. Plus I'm not a criminal.

Report Post Tip

Sadly, unfortunately, though I try, yes.

When you spend multiple hours here a day it gets a little hard to keep up the 'act' of portraying your character. Especially after a long day at work when all you want to do is just relax and be yourself.

I am conscious in the RPs I participate in to try and keep things as 'Katniss-like' as possible (or at least my 1920's-1930's, La Cosa Nostra adaptation of her). In debates, mobmails, random posts throughout the game? It's hard not to leak in a little of myself. Of course I have opinions about the game (features, people, actions, wars, etc) that *I* feel strongly about one way, while Katniss might feel strongly about in a different way, so on those issues I take care to try and remain as in character as possible. But small banter in the streets? You'll see me in there from time to time.

Like some of the people mentioned above, it just happens. And as long as nothing harmful comes from it, it's not the worst thing to happen.

Report Post Tip

well my persona reflects everything i do. i try not to be an ass tho depending on the situation i have to role play im kinda forced to. im a laid back relaxed person who has just seen to much. a lot of what i have seen and done has been poured into the character i portray in this game. in all actuality i was a leader in my last job which i was forced out of by the troop draw downs. if you actually take the time to get to kno my character you will see a lot of the leadership qualities that i have and many have told me when i got of the army that the army was losing a natural leader and thats what i try to do here...though clearly sometimes it just doesnt work...i adapt to different situations accordingly.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Does your Character inspire your Character?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL