Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 12:08:23
Page:  1 
Godfathers ruling Started by: MrHickey on Mar 19, '13 03:51

There is many rules in this game and many are set by the Godfather.

Is there any features in the game that you would like to be guaranteed untouchable by the Godfathers? Meaning they cant make a rule about certain things.

Report Post Tip

Most features are already untouchable by the Godfathers. It has gone to a level in the game where you can't run things how you like if you get to the top. All it takes is someone to go crying off to the admins and you in some serious shit :). The arguement I hear from it is admins don't want to waste time with features if it won't be used by the general public. Maybe it is just me but I would prefer it that if say I got to the top I had choices and options to pick in the way I want to run things. Whether it is banning the use of a feature or not. If I had the might to stamp that kind of authority then why shouldn't I be allowed? I went through the entire current system and suffered under the current rulings but eventually got to the top then I should be allowed to run things how I like now? If I wanna ban dueling...Why not?(I actually really like dueling just an example).

So MrHickey I would like ALL features to be touchable by the Godfathers and leave it down to the general public to decide if they would just take restrictions/rules from their Godfathers or stand up and go against them.

Report Post Tip

I couldn't disagree more with you macho_man. If you look at other text based mafia games that let the players have pretty much complete control you get periods of stagnation. I have seen one game die and one game on the verge of dying because of the player base having too much power. Not everyone is a good person to be a leader and everyone can make like minded friends easily. How would you feel if a group of friends in power got so paranoid they killed anyone they didn't know just in case it was someone that could take them out if given the chance? I would prefer admins to keep the ability to step in if a godfather/mother gets too power hungry. This is a game in the end and letting your player base have control over the game in every aspect is never a good choice

AS to your question MrHickey Check some of the past news and announcement threads. There has been a few things implemented that admins are in control of. Heck I can even remember godfathers and mothers being warned by admin for doing things they didn't agree with. Such as the whole crews forcing new members to screenshot their past characters to know who was who. And honestly if that was still an allowed policy set by a leader of the public I would be disappointed. Everyone deserves a chance to try and prove they can change. And thats only just one example of a player made rule that use to be enforced by a leader before admins said no.

Report Post Tip

How would you feel if a group of friends in power got so paranoid they killed anyone they didn't know just in case it was someone that could take them out if given the chance?

There isn't anything that prevents this, so that is always a viable scenario. One that thankfully doesn't exist as this moment as the current leadership are more interested in helping the game grow.

Report Post Tip

Sinfest, periods of stagnation always happen but especially so if players have less control. Wouldn't it be better and more interesting if with every new regime things actually changed? New rules were implemented, features that were previously banned become available to access. It would change things up where as right now for awhile now leaders mainly follow the same way of ruling. Mostly same rules and restrictions. Where is the choice?

Also I have seen enough groups of friends come into power and regardless of how paranoid they get at the end of the day they are removed by the other players. People won't just sit back and let one or a few of the same people keep ruling. Especially not if they are doing a shit job or become too power hungry. The likes of Roman and Diemne were consider unbeatable and where are they now? Dead. Why? Because people just had enough. Also those who are the shitiest leaders very rarely get to the top where they could implement rules that affected the community game wide.

Though nothing as dramatic has every occured exactly like this but if the admins actually stepped in when a player got too power hungry then I would never come back to playing this game. People who rely on the admins or the person to retire or even hoping that person may wb death(though chances are like impossible now) are just weak minded people who don't have the mental drive to push themselves to build a character up and remove the current leaders themselves. Groups of people becoming paranoid that they kill anyone they don't know? Then get them to know you, get them to trust you. People just lack patience now days something that is key considering how long players can last now.

All that being said....what would be the point in taking out a regime when all you get to do is run it just like they did.....?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Godfathers ruling
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL