Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 19:51:40
Page:  1 
The Velvet Onion Started by: VinceNoir on Mar 21, '13 22:21

Vince had been due to descend upon the streets at 1pm sharp. It was now 2.30pm. He wasn't just fashionably late. He was Gucci late. Also, some frogs had stolen his shoes.

Eventually, at approximately 2:37:46, the sound of pure ivory heels (made from the horns of space-rhinos) could be heard. The feet of those who had gathered began to tap in perfect rhythm, announcing the arrival of the famed Vince Noir via acapella shoe funk.

And finally, there he stood. A gleaming vision of perfectly back-combed hair framing a cheeky fringe, ready to eat everyone's applause. But first, he had a speech to make.

I guess I should apologise for being late. I got distracted during a furious game of donkey chess. Look, I haven't been around the streets much since that scarecrow took me to Paris…Vince's eyes glaze over for a moment as someone, somewhere plays The Look of Love by Dusty Springfield…but hey. No better time to make my return than now. Ladies, gentlemen, giraffes and turtleneck wearers, I bring you some mindblowing news.

Here in Detroit, we decided to rock out Corktown with a bit of sparkly panache, you know like ganache only with a p instead. Being the wise man that he is, SpaceCowboy decided that the world was ready for me to unleash my spectacular fashion sense in the form of bringing some lucky, lucky people under one roof in order to teach them the error of their ways. No more saggy quiffs, no more soggy fedoras…no. It's time to be done with elbow patches and loafers. What the hell is a loafer anyway? Like, what, a loaf of bread for your feet? Or something that, like, does loaves somehow? What does it all mean? I'm confusing myself…where am I? I can't even smell any bread.

Anyway, look, we're losing track of what's important here. Your trousers. I know some of you like to call them pants. I don't understand it. Pants? Pantaloons? Loony pants? Mentalists? You wear crazy people on your legs? Actually, there's a thought. A new statement. I should attach a couple of certified koalas to my ankles.

Someone just behind Vince coughs, 'Introduce the fucking family, mate.'

Alright, alright I was getting there. Don't get your loony pants in a twist. Yes, right. So I've got a few people to thank for this opportunity first of all. SpaceCowboy for giving me a chance, Rayden for believing in me and teaching me about the benefits of coconut oil for heat treated hair, and basically everyone else in Detroit for just…being there. Being them. I'll do you all proud, or I swear I'll wear a dirty dressing gown and a pair of wellies for the rest of my days.

Actually, wait. That's probably going a little bit too far.

Vince smooths his hair and beams his winning smile out across the crowd, then turns to CarlGrimes and does the truffle shuffle before speaking again.

Let me introduce to each and every one of you….The Velvet Onion! Smooth as Barry White, makes you cry like Bette Midler's Wind Beneath My Wings. SpaceCowboy, you're my hero. Soft, smooth tears. Vince winks at Firenza.

Thank you all, now it's time for my Mussolini-inspired pedicure.

With one last flourish, Vince straddles his MotorBike Made Of Jealousy and rides off into the nearest whorehouse for some tips.

Report Post Tip

Glad to see citys expanding and Congratz!! 

Report Post Tip

Christoff tried to signal to Vince to delay his exit on his MotorBike made of jealousy as he had a few words to say but it was to late. Christoff remembered Vince had Ears of almighty smugness so would most likely hear anything good said about him for miles.

Vince our bloodlines go back a very long time, this day will go down as one of the happiest and proudest of them all. You will make an excellent leader and I am looking forward to many great days working with you in Corktown.

I'd like to thank Rayden for the trust she has shown me throughout my time in The Insomniacs, A guy couldn't ask for a better leader.

Christoff took one last drag from his cigar drooped it to the floor and stamped it out, He had arrived at the entrance to his new home.
He wiped his shoes on the onion shaped doormat and made his way inside.

Report Post Tip

Hetfield brings Vince his pride and joy; wine gums, envy and pieces of rainbow to put them in the trophy cabinet at the HQ

Let's make this a good one my friend!

having kept his appearance short and sweet Hetfield looks for his jealousy based motorbike to ride off behind Vince

Report Post Tip

Jonah is standing in a corner, next to his horse. While smoking a cigarette, he hears the speech. When he manages to make eye contact with Vince, Jonah takes his hat from the head briefly, respectfully. Then, he climbs on the horse and go away, trotting switfly.

Report Post Tip

a large mobster pulls up in a bullet proof limo he jumps out the limo takes a puff of his cigar exhales and begins to speak

Hello there my good friend VinceNoir..

You and my father go way way back.

He told me you was a good man.

And I know that is of true.

That I had to come and show my self here.

You came a long way and so much hard work

A wise man once told me innovation seperates a follower from a leader.

shakes VinceNoir hand and congraulates him hands him a bag of cash to help contribute to his bulding hits his cigar once before jumping back in the bullet proof limo and driving off skirt skirt

Report Post Tip

Insidieux pulls a box out of her backpack as she sees her frog brigrade approach with her new loot. She leans down and opens the box as the frogs hop up the shoes bouncing off them and back on as they go along. She takes the shoes off the frogs and puts them in the box. She then takes a hair ribbon out of a box of lost items recently bequeathed her by an ancestor and ties a bow around the box. Picking up the frogs she thinks "Cat burglars got nothin' on this shit." Waving her frogs off so as not to be spotted with them, she turns and walks toward the podium.

When she reaches the front Insidieux smiles at VinceNoir.

I got you something fabulous for the occasion. Congratulations.

She hands him the box, smirks, and steps back.

Report Post Tip

Raoul slides up amongst the crowd, causing people to scarper in panic, afraid that 'The Backdoor Burglar' might pilfer their family jewels...

Well, well, well.... erm well... Vince you old curmudgeon you. It all honesty I had a huge speech written that I was gonna read out, but my ole Ma used to say, 'If you can't say nothing nice, then don't say anything at all.' So I guess that leaves me with congratulations....

Raoul walks off shaking his head, wondering as to the sanity of SpaceCowbow.

Report Post Tip

Tommo strolls up the street towards the crowd and in the general direction of Vince's new Headquarters that had just been built in Corktown. 

"Congratulations to Vince and to the growth of Detroit, I wish you a long and prosperous life"

Tommo takes his first steps into the HQ, pours himself a drink and makes himself comfortable

"Its an honour to be on board"

Report Post Tip

I knew it would take something drastic to happen to get you to sort your hair.

But Congrats...mucho hidden potential in that boy!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Velvet Onion
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL