Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 17:22:01
Page:  1 
Soap Box Rant Started by: Erwin_Rommel on Mar 23, '13 04:12

This young yet intelligent man walks through the cities of these shores to find his niche in the shadows of society. He has come from a family of mafioso some made some not so much, they had been kept subdued for one reason or another. Even so the young man decides to try and stake his claim, he comes to this world expecting a little help and comradeship but instead he finds a world of shut ins that close themselves off from much that is new. He gets fed up finally grabs the soapbox near the garbage cans and stands up to speak.

"My family has been around this thing of ours for quite sometime but because they didn't devote every single minute they had, they were taken out by so called family for going a wall for a few days. Guess what people, shit happens and you can not be reached get over it. Do you forget that we all have lives outside this thing of ours. I also understand there are rules with in families but seriously people you have to relax just a little bit, you all get up in arms about a rogue but you are the reason they went rogue. I get tired of dealing with the bullshit too, like working my ass off and not getting anywhere because I am not a select few, or being threatened with death over a damn witness statement. I know they are important but oh well shit happens there are things that are much more important in the grand scheme of things. Go ahead and give me your feed back people maybe I am wrong but I doubt it, i dont see how most could say otherwise."

The bold young man steps down from his soap box to the bit of a crowd that gathered listining to his rant, the fiery chap knows he could easily get a bullet for his words or praise for finally getting out and speaking his peace but either way he is ready for any feedback from those that took the time to listen.

Report Post Tip

Let the bitterness take control.

Feed on your anger.

Now your family are becoming true mafioso...

Report Post Tip

I've no idea who your bloodline are, even if I did I probably wouldn't know them being honest, so this has nothing to do with any past grievances between bloodlines... Just in case that ever comes into doubt.

Being a mere associate myself at the moment, I hope Mr. Ats will forgive me speaking bluntly to you on this matter despite not being a button man. You've brought your hard feelings towards the treatment of your father to the public, though again I've no idea who he was or which family he belonged to, so perhaps it's time the public allowed you the gain the insight of a few hard truths to help balance the equation.

From what you have said, you appear to think that rules are optional and apply to everyone but you? I could be wrong, but from what you've said that's the only possible inference I could make. This isn't the case. You'd find far more success if you removed the chip from your shoulder, loss the feeling of self importance and actually focused on helping your family with whatever time you do invest into this thing of ours. I'd suggest you'd find the results of this would be surprisingly rewarding. You'd actually gain the friendships you seem to be moaning about lacking, earn the respect that you appear to desperately crave and move up in the world as seems to be your ambition.

You bitch about your forefathers not being able to get anywhere because they're not a member of one clique or another, but then go on to bitch about rules being too harsh and people needing to relax a little? Have you ever considered that the latter might be the reason for any lack of progress and not the former? If rules are there, follow them. If you don't like the rules being laid down within a family by its leaders, the people you have sworn to protect and serve and who in turn provide you with protection and a home, how can you ever hope to earn their trust and move up to within their inner circles?

This world isn't about closed cliques and not allowing new blood to gain a foothold within them. It's about earning your place and doing enough to prove you are worthy of a place at the table. It doesn't matter if it's your millionth generation in this thing of ours or your first, it's the same rules that apply. If you're convinced that this isn't the case with an individual family or specific clique, to be quite honest you're looking at joining the wrong one then and are better off to be excluded.

This isn't meant as an insult or as a personal attack. It's simply trying to hold up a mirror so that you see who is looking back at you. Our world isn't a fair place and frankly never will be. Expecting it to be so is an exercise in futility. However, some or even much of the blame for the things that befall us are on our own heads. We can't do much about the actions of others, but we must take ownership of our own mistakes and use them to better ourselves.

Report Post Tip

TheHumanCentipede crawls slowly towards the soap box, its latter pieces gurgling and sobbing into the crevasses of the piece in front of them.

At the risk of repeating too many of Satanta's points,,,

You're not the first to mount this soap box with a rant like this, sadly probably won't be the last either. I can't say I hold a lot of stock in what you're saying. There's gonna be cliques in any business, mafia, etc. There's going to be bloodlines that get treated differently than others too. The fact that this place is mostly self-absorbed and void of personality is nothing new either. You'd be better off accepting and adapting to that reality, as opposed to this if you want to move forward.

You don't need to spend every waking moment of your day on here to achieve prominence. If your crewleader places so much importance on witness statements, just send the damn things. Or kill yourself and direct your kin to a crew that doesn't. Make your own connections and ties with people. Bring something to the table that sets you apart from the others and gives you value. Leave an impression on your leader so that the next time you find yourself sleeping for an extended period of time due to external circumstance, you won't be disposed of. You don't need to be a part of some corny coffeeshop circle-jerk to see success on here. There's plenty of bloodlines that are proof of this.

I wouldn't know what Family your father came from, and it's really irrelevant. He/she may be the worst leader in the history of the mafia. But a majority of the bold suits are solid leaders, so if this is an ongoing problem for you and your ancestry, the problem might be you. I really don't mean any offense by any of this, and if I have offended that wasn't my intent. Best of luck to you.

Report Post Tip

Macho man hearing the rant of his fellow south Philadelphian pushes through his adoring fans and makes his way to Erwin. Standing next to him in his most glorious pose while his fans cheer his name. Macho Man's voice booms across the streets

"I understand where you are coming from Erwin. Some people just want to live it up, have no pressures from society. Just cruise around and enjoy life yea. Who doesn't know better about enjoying life than the greatest champion of the world? No one. But if you want to get up there, reach the top. You have to push yourself. Go out of your way. Make yourself known in your family. Sure it make take time until you are finally noticed. Especially in some of those tight nit groups yea. But have the patience and perseverance and you will get there."

"You think I was born champion of the world?......Yes, yes I was. The Macho Man doesn't have to prove himself to no one. It is a universal fact that he is the greatest and the only, in this life and any life before and after, CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!!! OHHHH YEAAAAA!!!!"

Report Post Tip

I can only speak to the way I handle my crew, but I don't believe in removing a crew member who has been away for a few days. I know that the other world takes priority, and sometimes its a few days, hell, even a week or so before you can return to this place of ours. Maybe I see things differently, that's just how I do things. Everyone in a bold suit is free to handle his or her crew as they please. I just don't condone those actions.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Soap Box Rant
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL