Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 08:36:56
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
I Wanna Be The Very Best Started by: LilacDelaney on Mar 30, '13 17:09

Before she could relax into the day's festivities, Lilac had some very pressing matters to attend to from her new office; a further cause for celebration within Detroit.

After speaking with Godfather SpaceCowboy, she made her way directly to the new headquarters of Dalle Ceneri and made some calls. She struck a few deals, one being of utmost importance to the city of Detroit and the district of Black Bottom, and finally, she picked up the phone to dial one last number. After a few moments, she smiled and said, 'I'll pick them up within the hour.'

*********************************************************************************************************

Two hours later, Lilac was enjoying the company of those who mattered most to her. The families of Detroit had descended upon Black Bottom and, as is respectable when one's new Godmother is Irish, each and every one of them were sinking drinks like sailors. However, she knew that it was important to tick this particular box while everyone was copus mentus enough to appreciate what it meant.

She made her way through the throngs of increasingly inebriated mobsters and hopped onto the bar, clapping her hands together loudly in order to get everyone's attention.

Everyone, today has been a momentous day; a truly wonderful occasion. However, I'd like to announce something that will, in turn, emphasise this day's memory forever.

Today is not just about me. Far from it. In fact, my new title has earned me the absolute privilege of doing what I am about to do; to bring someone else into the spotlight and have him as celebrated as he deserves to be.

Mudkip, please step up here with me.

Pausing for a moment, Lilac noticed a grin begin to spread across the faces of Detroit's finest men and was barely able to contain her own.

Sir, you and I have worked together for a very long time now, and I was guided as a youngster in this world of ours by your father. We have co-operated as hands of the same family and you have served me as my unquestioning, ever loyal and utterly devoted Right Hand since the beginning of Dalle Ceneri. I must state here and now, I have always and will always view you as my equal and nothing less. You are one of the most upstanding members of our community that I have ever encountered; in my view, on the day that I received the keys to our Headquarters, I believed you to be just as deserving of the honour and vowed to myself that if I were ever able, I would ensure that someday, you would hold your own keys.

These, Mudkip, are your keys. You are to set up here in Black Bottom and continue on as you were, except now, with the long-overdue title of Crew Leader. I cannot express how proud I am of your silent resilience, your uncomplaining nature and your unwaivering commitment to this city; few people have ever deserved auth as much as you do.

Congratulations, Don Mudkip!

Lilac hands the keys to Mudkip and hugs him, whispering, 'Retain for the most part your modesty, but allow yourself the pride of recognising how far you've come.'

Report Post Tip

Mudkip had knew this day was coming, he had been prepared to give it his all for Don Delaney and prepared to give his life in order to help his Don acheive the highest honor this life of ours bestows, Godmother.

Mudkip had been drinking along with other members of Black Bottom and he had knew that something was approaching, but he hadn't a faint idea what would be thrown at him when the new Godmother, Miss Lilac Delaney stood up and gave a speech regarding the future of our district of Black Bottom, Detroit when she grinned a little and called Mudkip out for his loyalty to her and her family through out her reign as a crew leader

'Godmother Delaney, I'm very flattered that you would pick me for running a captaincy out of Black Bottom, I feel as if under your leadership i'm ready for the responsibility of running a crew, I know from watching you try so hard to have everything perfect for Dalle Ceneri that I know it can be a very hard task, with the help of two members of Detroit along with several key members of your own operations helping me and guiding me, I believe i'll be a suitable captain'

Mudkip smiles to the crowd and bows a little, quite flattered and shy to the many Detroit members cheering him on and embracing him to take his new position within Black Bottom.

'I thank everyone, especially Godmother Delaney and Don Raoul, you two helped me through my multiple troubles here in this life of ours, I'll do my best to serve you godmother Delaney'

Mudkip stands up to the crowd and announces his crews new found name to the many mobsters from out of state and in state that had attended this 'event'. Mudkip slowly motions for a close friend of his, EAforAA to stand up beside him to help him out with the pressure of watching so many people watching his every movement, Mudkip slowly stutters at first but picks up his words to form a sentance 'Hello everyone, I have decided what I will name the crew of Don Mudkip, as such'

Mudkip reads out 'The Water Gun Syndicate' and then grins a little, hearing some mobsters in the streets laugh a little

'Also, last, but certainly not least, my left hand woman will be the lovely Almonette, she has served CarlGrimes with upmost loyalty and has extreme dedication to the city of Detroit and I feel as if she was the best pick possible. EAForAA and Almonette shall be treated with the same respect as you would treat me, Thank you!'

Mudkip steps down with his hands and says 'Stay here a minute' while he walks over to the grinning Lilac and gives her a small hug and procedes to say 'Thank you, Godmother' before stepping outside into his new HQ

Report Post Tip

Mudkip for president of the world!

Congratulations Sir, I'm so pleased you've been given this chance to prove yourself to the world.  I've known all along that you'd do well here and today is the day you proved me right. Wish you all the very best in your new endeavour and hope Lady Luck shines on you.

Report Post Tip

Mudkip my friend such a long way you have come i am glad to see you get a chance to show you are the very best!

Giovanni rasies his glass to mudkip

Buona Fortuna my friend

Report Post Tip

Congratuations Mudkip, I can't think of many that deserve this opertunity more than you.

I remember thinking "this guy is gonna go places" when we first met a while back, and it looks like I was right. Hope your journey last long and that you conquer everything you set your mind to.

Report Post Tip

Well, my friend. We all knew this day was coming. It was almost inevitable. Godmother Delaney had to get sick of you derping all around the HQ and decided to honourably kick you out.

I joke of course, but I do believe that you are one of the few people who truly deserve auth and it gives me an immense amount of pleasure to see you walk around in that shiny new bold suit of yours.

Congratulations, Mudkip!

Report Post Tip

EAforAA hears his friends named called out and claps eager o see his friend take the keys to his own place and uphold the tradition of Blackbottom knowing that he will do a fine job.Upon hearing his name as rhm, EAforAA makes his way to Mudkip's side as the speech presses on. Grinning EaforAA shakes Mudkips hand offers a few words. Congrats Mudkip, I could think of no one else who deserves this more then you.You'll be a great crewleader, Godmother Delaney made a great choice. And on that note, its a honor to be selected as your right hand to help out. I'll not let you down. Steping back, EAforAA makes his way to the bar to mingle with the people of Det and to grab a beer.EAforAA hears his friends named called out and claps eager o see his friend take the keys to his own place and uphold the tradition of Blackbottom knowing that he will do a fine job.Upon hearing his name as rhm, EAforAA makes his way to Mudkip's side as the speech presses on. Grinning EaforAA shakes Mudkips hand offers a few words.

EAforAA hears his friends named called out and claps eager o see his friend take the keys to his own place and uphold the tradition of Blackbottom knowing that he will do a fine job.Upon hearing his name as rhm, EAforAA makes his way to Mudkip's side as the speech presses on. Grinning EaforAA shakes Mudkips hand offers a few words.

Congrats Mudkip, I could think of no one else who deserves this more then you.You'll be a great crewleader, Godmother Delaney made a great choice. And on that note, its a honor to be selected as your right hand to help out. I'll not let you down.

Steping back, EAforAA makes his way to the bar to mingle with the people of Det and to grab a beer.

Report Post Tip

This is a very excited day for our city and I am very excited to be standing here in BlackBottom with everyone! Lilac and Mupkid, you've done great things and as I am sure will continue to do so! Congrats on Godmother of Black Bottoms district, it is an honor to have you as Underboss as well as celebrate your new title this evening. Mudkip, I know that you will take great care of Almonette as she was a great asset for me in my district as well. You both know I support you in all that you do so never for get it!

Let's keep these drinkings coming, I think I just saw EAforAA arrive and I know that man can drink with the best of them.

Report Post Tip

Zero was on one of the longest adventure that he could have ever imagined. He had traveled from the farthest river that you could have had the experienced being at. Zero had climbed the tallest mountain just to get a look at some the rarest things that wouldn't be seen without the effort. Before he left Detroit, Zero told Don Mudkip "I will bring you back what is rightfully yours, or I will die out there trying to get it." What exactly was Zero looking for? The one thing that seperated the mediocre pokemon from the legendary ones. Zero was on a mission to bring Mudkip back the one thing that he felt he truly needed.

Zero was gone for several months before he was seen showing back up in Detroit. He had some blood stains on his clothing and was dragging a bag towards the crowd that we here to celebrate the new auth for Don Mudkip. Zero dragged the bag off the ground, over his shoulder, and dropped it in front of Mudkip.

"My journey has been nothing but success. I traveled what seems like thousands of miles in order to smoke out the group that called themselves 'The Squirtle Squad'. To me there can only ONE true starting water pokemon and I made it a goal to eliminate those water threats! Today I bring you gifts, stories, and proof that the Squirtle Squad is no more."

Zero reached into the bag and pulled out a Squirtle Shell.

"This is the shell from the main leader of the Squirtle Squad himself. After hours of an epic battle, I was able to walk across the battleground with no harm to retrive this. I give it to you for the protection I wish to bless upon you from this historical event. I hope you wear it in honor and dignity like the Squirtle Squad was fighting so hard to keep."

He then reached in his bag and pulled out the sunglasses that were originally worn by the leader.

"These sunglasses were worn by the leader also. It is what seperated him from the rest and let the group know that he was in charge, to know that he was made from his squad. I wish you were there to see these Squirtles fighting to try not to make you the main leader, but they were unsuccessful. I give you these sunglasses to show your leadership within your squad and I know you will wear them with honor."

There was still one thing left in the bag that Zero didn't pull out. He looked down to the lump in the bag and then back up to Mudkip.

"The rest... is history. I brought you the actual Squirtle for proof that they are no more and you are the dominate water starting pokemon. You may do with it as you want. Consider it my tribue on my end. The stories I got from this adventure are alone enough to make me happy. I have had the chance to see many things that I would never have got the chance to without this journey. I wish you best of luck in the future Mudkip and you know I will only be a bottle cork away!"

Report Post Tip

Almonette stood by Mudkip's side, smiling and clapping with the rest of the crowd.  She was happy for her friend, and now crew leader.  What a day she thought.  When she heard her name mentioned, she smiled brightly and shook Mudkip's hand.  "You honor me with your words.  I will serve you and this family as I have served the Grimes family and City of Detroit. Thank you for the honor."

As the speech ends, and everyone steps down. "I need a drink." She says as she heads to the bar after EA.

Report Post Tip

Intrigue looks on at all the celebrations going on and one she saw coming. 

Nothing more I can say here to you Mudkip that's not already been said before! 

This you will excell in. Congratz Mudkip and also to Almon and EA! 

Report Post Tip

Christoff walked up to Mudkip and shook his hand.

Congratulations Don Mudkip, I have no doubts you will be an excellent leader and you are a fantastic addition to Black Bottom.

Christoff walked over to EA and Almonette at the bar to wish them a congratulations but both seemed pre occupied by a whiskey drinking contest.

Report Post Tip

A huge grin was etched across his face, today was truly a great day for Detroit. Since he'd began working for Lilac he'd seen the family grow from strenght to strenght, it was quite amazing how the family always managed to come together.

"Congratulations to both Lilac and Mudkip, truly deserved! Well done!"

Jimmy leaned in towards Mudkip.

"You know them keys the Godmother gave you, can I get a copy too? I won't try selling them or anything. No? Ok. I'll get Almonette to give me some cookies to cheer myself up!"

He patted Mudkip on the back and took his place with the rest of the family.

Report Post Tip

Walks up to the bar, heads over to where the gang was drinking. Shook Lilacs hand, then Mudkips fin. 

Congratulations guys! What an awesome achievement. I am so proud of you two. This is a great day for Detroit.

Thomas then bought a round for everyone on the house, his treat.

Report Post Tip

SpaceCowboy stands in silence smiling, watching folks congratulate Lilac and Morty on their major achievements and newly owned titles. Once he see's an opening he steps infront of Mudkip, grining he shakes the creatures hand.

Congratulations Mudkip! As others have said, you truely have deserved this. It's a great day seeing you take the keys to your own headquarters. You've been with us since day one, always stepping up to the plate when needed and helping others. I appreciate everything you've done for this city and honored to have you along side myself and the other captains of Detroit. I know you will do great! Have a fun night celebrating my friend, you've earned it!

Pats Mudkip on the shoulder before joining in with the others for drinks.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Mudkip. You are he very best.

Report Post Tip

WhatWouldWhereWasIDo walks up and pats Mudkip on the back,

I remember a time your bloodline didn't want to take a leadership role, it's honestly nice to see you step into this role which is long overdue. You'll do a great job, a hell of a lot better than I ever did with just how much you care and work. That being said, these will be the last nice words you see me say as you're a CL because everyone needs a critic, but I thought I might as well publicly say I'm legitimately glad to see you came into your own despite my wicked influece.

Salute Friend, just don't be that guy who loses who they are with a little power trip.

Report Post Tip

Castelli claps and cheers for the newly made Godmother and the new Captain of Detroit.

Congratulations Lilac. This is a position that not many get to achieve, but it is one that you definitely deserve. The city of Detroit knows you will continue your great work here and help keep our city doing great things.

Also, congratulations are in order for you Mudkip. You deserve your own family as you've done so much for this city. I know you'll do the city proud. 

Again, congratulations to both of you!

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Mudkip!

I have been a part of Dalle Ceneri from the very start and I can truly say that you have done an amazing job as Right Hand Man. I must agree with the crowd that you deserve more than that and that’s why we are here today.  It has been an honor Sir. I hope it will go well with The Water Gun Syndicate.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations, Mudkip!

You will be an exceptional leader, as we all know. You deserve it, man!

(Beers on you, right?)

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: I Wanna Be The Very Best
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL