Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:45:08
Page:  1 
Tyrion risks his gold Started by: TyrionLannister on Apr 05, '13 15:57

OK, So The Grand National horse race is almost upon us and I've been inspired by a friend of mine, we'll call him Billy Hill, and I've decided to risk all the Gold that my father has accrued in Casterly Rock by posing the below questions to my fellow mobsters, giving you the chance to answer correctly and steal all my coin.

Any bets placed will be awarded double their money. E.g. you bet 1 million then you'll win 2 million. (William offers better odds, but he has much more cash than me).

1) Will there be 16 or more finishers?
2) Will the age of the wining horse be 10 years or older?
3) Will the official wining distance be 5 lengths or less?
4) Will 2 or more horses fail to successfully jump the first fence?
5) Will the winning horse carry 11 stone or more?
6) Will the Starting Price of the winner be 16/1 or greater?

Now, to aid those in those in this thing of ours who are somewhat unfamiliar with the Grand National, here are some guide statistics from previous years for you!

2012 - 1st NEPTURE COLLONGES 33/1. Won by a nose (thats close), 11 Years old, 11st 6lbs, 15 finishers and only 1 horse failed to jump the first fence.
2011 - 1st BALLABRIGGS 14/1. Won by a 2 1/4 lengths, 10 Years old, 11st, 19 finishers and only 1 horse failed to jump the first fence.
2010 - 1st DON'T PUSH IT 10/1. Won by 5 lengths, 10 Years old, 11st 5lbs, 14 finishers and only 2 horses failed to jump the first fence.
2009 - 1st MON MOME 100/1. Won by 12 lengths, 9 Years old, 11st, 17 finishers and only 2 horses failed to jump the first fence.
2008 - 1st COMPLY OR DIE 7/1. Won by 4 lengths, 9 Years old, 10st 9lbs, 15 finishers and all jumped the first fence.
2007 - 1st SILVER BIRCH 33/1. Won by 3/4 length, 10 Years old, 10st 6lbs, 12 finishers and only 2 horses failed to jump the first fence.
2006 - 1st NUMBERSIXVALVERDE 11/1. Won by 6 lengths, 10 Years old, 10st 8lbs, 9 finishers and 5 horses failed to jump the first fence.
2005 - 1st HEDGEHUNTER 7/1. Won by 14 lengths, 9 Years old, 11st 1lbs, 21 finishers and only 2 horses failed to jump the first fence.
2004 - 1st AMBERLEIGH HOUSE 16/1. Won by 3 lengths, 12 Years old, 10st 10lbs, 11 finishers and 3 horses failed to jump the first fence.

So there you have it folks, if anyone would care to wager with me on the above answers, please submit their answers and their stake to me prior to 15.15, Saturday 6th of April.

Please note, you must answer all 6 correct to win. This will be pure luck for both you and me as this race is a game of chance.

Anyone that would like a little more information on the Grand National, please take this leaflet

Report Post Tip

(1/2)^6

I don't like the odds on this. Any chance you'd be willing to accept bets on just one category?

Report Post Tip

I'm a gambling man my friend. Youve been paid, and spoke to in private about my wishes for this event. Lets see if I can line my pockets with your gold!

Report Post Tip

My accountant has been to see me and advised of your large bet. Nice to see you put your money where your mouth is old friend!

I wish you the best of luck, thankfully there is plenty of Gold in Casterly Rock.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Tyrion risks his gold
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL