Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:45:11
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Who has taught you the most? Started by: Alexander on Apr 07, '13 11:20

Neville. I'm upset. I taught you a great lesson about certain things always being worth it. 

Report Post Tip

My grandfather lived amongst some greats such as SamTheAmericanEagle, Ellis, Shippy to name a few.

It was a tough world to be brought up in but i managed to learn my craft. The Czylharz family taught me most of what i know, but how different things are now! Even now im still learning.Thats what happens when you take a 10 year holiday. Some people may remember me, hey drop me a line if you do.

Cannot forget TeQ - Once an ass always an ass! :) Still love him though X

Report Post Tip

A few people I think need to be mentioned.

I believe I learned most of this "thing of ours" from the likes of Sal_Giaquinto and his bloodline. My father's journals have enlightened me on the fact of being Sal_Giaquinto's hand for quite awhile. Sal was a man that lead with his words rather than gun. His mouth and his art of reasoning with his connections and his enemies often led him to get out of messes. Having friends in high places was a big thing for him too but the fact that his words of wisdom and following the simple principles of things, really set the tone of my learning curve.

Phil_Steak is also large on my list. My recent father who ran Chicago after the experiment was over due to the LV/LA vs PH/NY war, had a very high regard for the man. He often met with him for a cup of joe as they talked politics and such. Mister Steak was a huge asset to have when conflicts and other regards of being a gangster opened up. He was always a great a teacher and still is to this day.

Report Post Tip

Like others have said already, I like to think I've learned from many people over the course of time. The first person to truly take me under their wing and show me how this world works was Shippie. Along with TheD he gave me my first real test of life in this Thing of Ours.

After those two, there was a host of people I became close with in The TuMs that I feel helped further shape my life, sadly barely any of these people are around today (save for Gazputin).

Along with those in my younger days, I feel that others in more recent times are still having a big influence on how I work. Jono, DeadlySin and Roman to name but a few. Each has taught me very vital things that I before have maybe over-looked or simply ignored.

I hope that I continue to learn, as its one of things that I love about this life.

Report Post Tip

What a wonderful question Godfather Alexander! I feel that there is no one person who has taught me everything there is to know. Every day, every member of my lineage has evolved. I can start from the beginning of this lineage with PoisonousJelly. He along with JakeLuciano, and Marley showed my first ancestor on these shores the ropes and got him accustomed to the way of life.

From there I was met with open arms a wonderful lady by the DirtyLittleSekrit. She showed faith in that lost boy and he thrived. During his stay with DLS, Rufio met a man Madjeski. Madjeski trust Rufio to the point that when DLS assumed the position of godfather in LA Rufio was given the position of RHM to UCLA. Where he began to hone in the skills of politics.

From here my ancestry flourished. When Confucious joined the ranks of ScreamingButterfly and FelixTheSphinx. Within Confucious' stay there be was introduced to PadreDestino. This great father challenged Confucious and taught him how to really hone his skill to be a protector of a family.

We move on to a slow point but not absent of any learning my ancestors brief stint with the likes of JimLevenstein. There was where my ancestors spent time really reeling in the craft of protection.

Then we come to one of the most noteable members of my lineage, who under the guidance of TheDean and uhh Whatsername he really thrived. Sho made a name for himself as he heard it describe 'a killing machine'.

There are so many other people who in there own way have shaped my linage even in the slightest. And we continue to grow and evolve. New skills are challenged and met sometimes without the greatest of success but not for the lack of trying. Again I could go on forever listing the people who have had an impact on my lineage to make me the man that I am today but these are just the highlights of my humble beginnings.

Report Post Tip

TheHumanCentipede has taught me the most over the course of time. Can't thank the man enough for his daily teachings, and wouldn't be enjoying anything around here if it weren't for him.

TheHumanCentipede, you honor me and I fucking love you. <3

Report Post Tip

Tiberius, you flatter me

I've made a lot of friends here over the course of time, yet Tiberius may be one of my favorite people I know on here. There's only a handful of people I will allow to fuck with Tiberius, otherwise I will become ferociously protective of him. There's others that feel the same way. He touches nerves from time to time, yet there's nothing more satisfying than watching him hold his own against would-be antagonists that see an easy mark and are rudely awakened to the fact that Tiberius can hold his own. He's taken his lickings over the years, and has developed a persona of his own as a result of his harsh upbringing that has toughened his skin to the point that he's impervious to the faggity attempts of assaults levied against him by the various nerds that pollute our society.

I like to to think Ive helped a few people in Our World, including people that hold positions if power today, as well as people that have held power in the past. It's very gratifying, but mostly because of the people that helped me along the way. My story is similar to Alexander's, I joined Tallien and he taught me the intricacies of This Thing Of Ours. I had somewhat established myself as a half-assed name around here due to actions taken by a previous auth ancestor, but he taught me what was effective. Later i worked under his lineage with Gwarble and achieved a bit more. I achieved goals with him after that I would have otherwise considered unachievable, and I'll be eternally grateful to him for that. My only real way to repay him is to help mold others, and I'm more than happy to do that whenever I can.

Now of you'll all excuse me, I need to go kill Tiberius. Be right back all.

Report Post Tip

I think when your bloodline has been around for any length of time, every bloodline that has been active during that time will have taught you something. Even the bloodlines that you don't agree they will have taught us not to behave in certain ways.

I would have to say the greatest teacher for my bloodline has to be the bloodline of Tallien, like my Godfather he was my first CL but over the years his bloodline has taught me a lot. If I could name everyone that has taught me great lessons it would just feel like an endless list but I would say people bloodlines such as warrior, Ragnarok, Rianne, tita, eve, tiggy, Marco, TeQ, Satanta, Benny to name a few but like I said it is many more that has helped my bloodline become what it is.

Report Post Tip

I have sat and thought about this a long time. A lot of people have taught me a lot. Some of which I may or may not use depending on circumstances. If I had to pick the people that have taught me the most I would say the bloodlines of Warrior, Adrian, Snip, Technical, Skorpeon, TheDean and G_man. I am sure there are more people but these ones certainly come to mind right off the top of my head.

Report Post Tip
I realize this subject is mostly geared towards those who have been around forever but sadly, that is not me. Mine is the first of my line BUT I still felt the need to comment. Mostly since I've found my family to be extremely helpful in teaching me everything I need to know. Most importantly, they've been patient. Which is good because if they were anything else I might have quit after the first frustrating day. Feel free to tell me to scram if I'm not really adding anything to the discussion or annoying you.
Report Post Tip

My bloodline hasn't been around in this world for very long honestly, the first of my blood showed up here last year in January but in my time here, I've met a ton of extremely helpful people to such a noob like myself.

TeQ, Jono, Aizlynn, Rory, Blitz, FCUK and Archangel to name a few who put up with me as a noob in this world, later down the the line about 3 months into my linage here, I was helped a lot by Sao and Simplicity, two people who put up with a noob trying to work his way up.

WhereWasI and Warrior i'd also like to put out there for simply putting up with an over talkative member of there city who didn't know feck all back then :p

A great man who had taught me a lot about this game came in the form of a leader of mine, MikeHunt, Mike is a great leader who led his small group extremely well, along with BigEasy, two men that you know you could rely on within your city.

Sticks/Squidmaster taught me a great deal as well, along with SpaceCowboy when my ancestor Renekton served Philly.

Now... onto where I am now, theres a great deal of people who put up with me, Lilac and Vince for example, two awesome people who gave me a lot of motivation to actually try to get where I am today. Cory Chase, Lush and Raoul are also three bloodlines that had helped me immensely within my time here.

Thank you friends! P.S - Shout out to the bloodline of Father TeQ for teaching this noob all that time ago.

Mudkip sits down in his pond and coughs a little after speaking so highly of so many people and smiles a little while waiting for the next person to come up and share there part

Report Post Tip

I too have not been on these shores a very long time, but in the time my lineage has been around, this bloodline has many people to point out as being helpful.

First and foremost, Mudkip and his bloodline. As the journals tell it, his forefathers and mine came from a different land together. When the two bloodlines again had a chance to reconvene, they met on the streets of Chicago, under a great man they called MikeHunt.  The journals tell a story of a still wet behind the ears teen who rose to the rank of Boss under Mr. Hunt. Unfortunately, my great-great-great grandfather was murdered by a rogue.

MikeHunt, Mudkip, BigEasy, Aura, Lush,  and there's a few I cannot remember, I apologize, but these people took a newbie off the streets and helped create what I would like to think is a successful bloodline.

Then there is MorningWood elite.  After MikeHunt's death, the family spread throughout the country.  My bloodline decided to seek a fresh start, and heard tales of a man called WildTurkey in NY. From this family, I'm not sure there are any I can leave out, though I cannot name you all :(.

WT, Creep, GrizzlySon, Psycho, Imajenation, etc et al. All vital parts of my bloodlines upbringing.

There's more, but, I found these plants, they had little green sticky flowers, I smoked these flowers, and now I cannot seem to remember much.

Report Post Tip

When my bloodline first came into this world, they were slack and enjoyed plodding along not worried about the world around them due to the constant peace.  Two men eventually changed his train of though these were MKM and J_Kanada, these two taught my blood line how crucial your start in the world was to hitting, how to look for targets and how even a water pistol can become a cannon with time and patience.

The people introduced me to a wider crowd such as Chilid, Emilia, Rooster who would boost my families time on the streets, due to the focal point at the time it was, and how even jail could lead to friends and business acquaintances.  Finally Sonny D, helped teach my lineage you had to be ruthless sometimes to get ahead and sacrifices would always have to be made to get and stay at the top.

Report Post Tip

I'd like to say I had to think about this long and hard, but really I didn't. The list is actually pretty short, not to say anything special about myself, but they had taught me so much that there wasn't much left for anyone else to teach. These people will always hold a certain prestige with me.

ChaosSpike - What can I NOT say about this man? He took me from an average new gangster in the streets, to someone who knew this way of life well. He also taught me about respect, honour and everything that makes this thing of ours great.

Bruiser - My first CL. I looked up to you so much. I wanted to BE you in some regard. You were always classy, you never had a bad word to speak about anyone, and you always made time to talk and to teach. For that my old friend, I thank you.

Fatality - You taught me the finer points in this thing, the details. You took me under your wing, and made me much more than I was before. I true veteran, and now a true friend.

jynx - Another amazing mentor. Always around to give advice and help out. As time passed you were probably the most consistent person of all to learn from.

Report Post Tip

*lights a cigareete, and takes a deep breath after remembering a long and painful past...*

i have a decent sized bloodline but this is my first character to make it this far, to be honest. i would have to say that 3 names stick out the boldest as to the knowlege i have now and the the learning i still have to do. first and formost i have to give my recognition to my CL Deapool who has taught me shit ton. next on my list is Rayden, though we sometimes didnt see eye to eye i learned loads from her as well. and throught my time in DT i will contribute much of my knowledge of being a great earner and some of my hitter knowledge goes to IGOBERSERK. that man has taught me a lot as well.

Report Post Tip

Paulzyboi taught me everything I know. He's so super.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Who has taught you the most?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL