Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:24:59
Page:  1 
The Empire Strikes Back: Reply to Countdown Started by: Kuku- on Apr 08, '13 21:55

Friends, men, women, and those that like them, I am here, answering your call.

For it has been some time since I came to the Street, yes, gone but not forgotten. The subject is my ability to tread these Streets, to entertain and inform and to, as I've described it, keep them alive. I will get to that.  But first, a few words about the one who roused this response: Countdown.

Countdown is a Don, looks destined to be a Godfather. He spends a lot of time in IRC Avenue, a place I rarely venture. He's known as a hothead, round these parts, that's no bad thing. But anyway, he's five times my age. In that time, he's had 12 speeches on the Streets, 5 of them in the past few days. On average, 10 people said something in each one, and about 238 people watched.  I'm a fifth of his age and have deliberately steered clear of the Streets. Despite this, my 5 speeches attracted an average of 13 people joining in and were watched by 334 people. So, it's safe to say, more people come to the Streets when I talk than when Countdown does.

That was probably a foregone conclusion, no disrespect intended, but people probably expect to read something controversial when they see my name.

develop your challenge, what do you want to see from my bloodline? I've thought about, He'll I'd even written, speeches theorising about some interesting killings and about other gossip I'd read. But instead, I'm living quietly. And with my bloodline remaining firmly within the confines of acceptability, who's left to make public that which is said in back alleys and private coffee shops? 

Do I want to say it? Sure, yeah, I do. But you know what? I've been impressed at a few things lately, not least of which is e behaviour of others towards me. I've got dozens of men protecting me, as you can all see. I was expecting to be targeted, my help to be shot. It hasn't really happened, despite the actions of my forefathers. I was expecting to be baited in the Streets. That hasn't happened. Even Cpuntdown approached the subject with civility, and the Fuller lineage too. 

So, this is what I'm going to do. Expect more from me. Just not more of the same ol' commonly associated with my name.

Report Post Tip

I must admit Kuku- it's refreshing to see your lineage drop the clown routine for the moment because as I've mentioned before you ARE capable of making big waves in this world without having to resort to rumours, whispers and sometimes outrageous comments.

I'll give you that one, I haven't been as active in the streets as my blood used to be and I'm starting to truly believe that the problem WAS the coffeeshops. After declaring yesterday that I would be dodging those places for a while ( http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/339542#35569912 ) I seem to have found a new lease of life. However judging someone's activity on how many original posters they have pinned up is not exactly the most accurate way, considering I have contributed 260 other times (granted, some of these were OOC and Outside).

People were always willing to give your blood a chance Kuku-, but you only ever accepted it once before (since our bloodlines have crossed paths). The rest of the time you went a completely different way.

I wait with baited breath as to what the future holds for you because although you are beginning to change my (and no doubt a few others) opinions about you I must admit that I'm still expecting you to "explode" at some point... much like people still do with me.

Report Post Tip

Serious question here, Countdown, when has anyone in my bloodline ever exploded with anger? 

Everything I've done has been done from a position of calm.

Report Post Tip

I never said exploding with anger, I used "explode"... meaning to wander off onto that strange path your bloodline has chosen to take in the past.

An explosion of drivel, if you will.

Report Post Tip

One man's drivel is another man's highbrow entertainment.

but I accept your point 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Empire Strikes Back: Reply to Countdown
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL