Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 07:40:19
Page:  1 
War strategies Started by: Countdown on Apr 10, '13 01:00

I was having a conversation with a 'young gentleman' (lol) earlier and the after some run-of-the-mill chit chat we veered towards how the new limit we have on travelling would effect any future wars we may see, especially if one broke out with city's on the 'opposite coasts' to each other. Are things the same as they were? Or have things changed now and will we see different strategies when something does happen?

For example, if there was to be a cross-country war, surely the new travelling limits have to come into play. Would people be more willing to part with their cash and take private flights? Because to fund an entire hitsquad's private flights would cost a fortune. So, before someone can even being the meticulous planning that goes into wars nowadays they're probably going to want to build up a huge stockpile of cash first.

What will happen with the marketplace? Usually during war time, the price of credits vastly drop. Will the new need for extra cash drive the prices the opposite way during war time? Perhaps the marketplace may even become a good indicator as to when a war is going to happen? Because if people decide to go the way of building up funds pre-war then there will be a lot of credits to purchase and the price will drop. It all depends on the planning.

As for actual strategies...

If you are the aggressor (the city/alliance starting the war) would it be possible to use a strategy like this, given that hopefully your opponents have little idea what's coming...

Phase 1: Find all the opponent's members in your home city/cities and shoot them first. Of course as it's your home city, you should have more hitters than targets. Then proceed to stay in your home city for the time being and take your pro's.

Phase 2: Once Phase 1 is complete, declare war on said opponents (personally I would do it in the streets) with a message along the lines of "bring it" hoping to bait some or most of your opponents to your home city. Once they start showing up, set your remaining hitters on them.

Phase 3: Once all the unpro'd opponents have been dropped, fly to your opponents city to fire your next round of shots. Now... as you've hopefully baited enough of them to fly to your city, you should have some time in their home city as they've all just been dumped with a lengthy travel ban of 7-12 hours. This is where private flights will come into play with your opposition wanting to get back to defend their home city.

Now, I realise that it would be tough to get your hitsquad and BG shooters in your home city at the start of the war without raising suspicion. So what I would do is send out a mass mail to my city around 12 hours before I planned to start and announce a pickpocketing competition with a ridiculously large prize so they want to take part and come home.

If everything goes to plan and the original bait is taken, then once you've completed these 3 phases you would hopefully be far enough ahead of your opponents in the kill department to make the numbers count and go to an all out war much the same as every recent war we have had.

Is there a strategy you guys would follow? What about if they don't take the bait and you're sat waiting in your home city? Is that a bad thing? You've just taken out a sizeable portion of their members and revenge will be a big thought in their minds, could they resist flying to you to stop the impending slaughter that would happen if my three phases go to plan?

Food for thought as there are many possibilites to how to go about things and no doubt also situations will arise during said war that will throw a slight spanner in the works.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Talking this freely about something so, for a lack of a better word, secretive in the streets is ballsy. I admire that sir. As I have never taken part in a war let alone dictated the strategies of one I may be way off basis so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Stick and move.

Fly your pro wackers into their city a day before. At time of war fly in your your shooters. First wave and pro. Then pro wackers pro non iwp shooters then fly home. About 1-3 hours later wave 2. If you aren't iwp you shoot then private back home to your awaiting pro Wacker. Iwp/capped take their chances or shoot twice and fly home to avoid BG waving. Even if they don't follow you home you've gained a huge leg up.

Report Post Tip

What I'm most looking forward to is districts. Really need to refresh someone? Well now you need one person in each district. That's a tall order. Might see more stands by smaller forces. Things could get interesting.

Report Post Tip

That is also a very good strategy NYSS, however... given the drop in skills when east coast'ers are on the west coast and vice versa. Would it be wise to have your first wave in your opponents city? Because anyone who's blood has been in war rooms before knows that not everyone can be shot in the first wave (unless all cities are fighting against one... and still then it is tough), so some hitters are used on targets that are borderline whether they will hit or not. With this drop in skill cross-country, will there be more misses in a first wave nowadays?

It is going to be extremely interesting if our world ever descends into a cross-country war what the tactics would be. I feel a little bit sorry for city HSL's and uppers that have to plan something like that, because there are so many more variables to take into account now.

Report Post Tip

*cough*Beg to differ*cough*

Report Post Tip

Hmmmm, that nasty cough was meant to kick in directly after a blocky type quote of your "can't be done in a single wave" comment... but being sick and all with a cough something must have gone wrong.

Report Post Tip

I would also beg to differ with that Satanta.

With the current climate we have where there are NUMEROUS people at the cap for bodyguards, plus the vast array of BG's everyone else has it is nigh on impossible to take out an entire city in their home city now.

At other times... sure it may be possible.

Report Post Tip

With mention of 'blood' and 'in the past' it sounded more like a "it's never possible to do it in a single wave" kind of comment. Perhaps I took it too literally. If it's purely in relation to the current environment and current spread of power around the cities, I will agree it simply wouldn't or couldn't be possible at the moment.

Report Post Tip

Joga enjoys his morning coffee when his cute lil ears pick up at the sound of "War" in the streets. He necks his Espresso and approaches Countdown.

Personally I'd like to thank you for bringing this topic to the streets. I know its a very secretive topic and one mabye people will say should be kept behind closed doors but never the less it is facinating. Particularly for any mafioso who has not witnessed a war or new bloodlines who have come to these shores who see wars as the pinacle of excitement. Or even people who have seen wars become take downs and not had a clue whats gone on. Its interesting to see the method in the madness.

I hope more people can join you and discuss war strategies as an innocent topic without people taking any comment as a threat or suspect anyone of taking their plans into action.

Like you say I also feel sorry for any HSL or upper or has to plan such a feat, and many wont want those hard worked plans discussed openly in the streets but mabye people could discuss war strategies of yester-year, I'm sure it would make for a facinating read.

Report Post Tip

War Strategy from Yesteryear eh.

Isiah_Rhodes opens up a family journal

Wave Da Boyz up with a ring round.

Give them a target.

Kick TheDean in the shins till he wakes from a drunken stupor.

Take aim.

Get the all clear.

Unleash hell.

Boom Boom Boom

City destroyed in a single decimating wave.

As simple as you like that was a war strategy.

Report Post Tip

For those worried about now days and wars.

It remains simples just remember the P's and things will be gravy. The secret is actually finding people who can apply said P's effectively and that my friends is the rarity.

Report Post Tip

Ah Mr Rhodes, all the old family journal entries of "LadyGaga is performing tonight" have been a wonderful read. Skipping past the paparazzi with their poker face on. Grabbing the disco stick and making it go boom. It was smooth and efficient with little to no casualties to the aggressor. But I'm afraid times have changed and I don't think that things could be done so effortlessly anymore. I will continue to wear the poker face and keep the topic of strategy to the back rooms. We're not the dealers at the black jack table. Why show our hands?

Report Post Tip

People can still share strategies without revealing every little detail, Mr. Grey.

Do you think that what is written here is a full plan? Or even a plan that I would use? I asked the question 'would it be possible to use a strategy like this?'. I gave an example but I'm not sure I would use it... it was just some of the things discussed between a friend and myself. You could always share a 'possible strategy' seeing as though none of us actually know how a cross country war would pan out at the moment as there hasn't been once since the changes, so nobody actually knows a right or wrong way.

Any new faces here could get a possible look at how wars work without ever having to actually be in one. Which can only be beneficial to us all.

Report Post Tip
Having read this, I'm now confident I can take down everyone. Thanks Countdown for this playbook.
Report Post Tip

War
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
Say it again

Report Post Tip

When I overheard this discussion on the streets, I have to say I thought it was started intentionally to stir the pot a little...

and now look what has happened, this upstart has garnered all this juicy information and is going to kill everyone. The plan has worked Countdown, mention the word WAR and everybody gets itchy trigger fingers. The Bodyguard Agency's phones will be off the hook.

Report Post Tip

War... my father often spoken to me about that! I myself have seen cities beeing wipe out of the map... but never actually witnessed a war! I damn well hope it never happens, but if it does... i have to agree that it will happen in a way none of us have seen happen before. These are different times now, obviously different mesures will be taken. My thoughts... well, i could express some strategies and theories... but then, it would only be in theory. At this time and day, i dont think anyone actualy wants to go into war. As a good man once said... live long and prosper!

Report Post Tip

It would be interesting to ask Countdown's son (or daughter) if the war strategy resembled his prediction? 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: War strategies
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL