Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 17:22:50
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
The Return of the Poker Started by: JogaBenito on Apr 16, '13 20:46

Count me in for sure!

Report Post Tip

Its great to see theres so much interest in Poker still around these streets.

If anyone knows or thinking about sitting at the table on Saturday can you please Sign in to my Poker Club. (All details here http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/340761/tpass/36c8abdf929cb2ee5c4dd7be5a0aeb87#4202851)

The sooner the better as it wont slow down proceedings on Saturday and I will have a better idea of the prize money. Thank you

Report Post Tip

Katniss smiles at her associate Joga, greeting him with a quick handshake.  The handshake leaves a small envelope in his hand, well padded, and she nods and winks at the man as she speaks.

"Joga, I am glad to see you taking an opportunity to get a little fun kicked up around here.  Do me a favor and toss this into the pot for the prize money, make things a little more interesting."

Leaning in closely she whispers into his ear with a red face, keeping her voice as low as possible.

"It's actually Sammy's money.  Don't tell him I took it or he'll open new bank account and won't tell me the numbers.  I don't think he knows I have the current ones."

With another quick smile she steps backward and gives Joga a slight pat on the arm.

"Let me know if you need any help with anything!"

Report Post Tip

Joga takes a gasp at the weight of the envelope and quickly flicks through it. He turns to Katniss as if to say "Really", she reads his thoughts and nods with a smile. Joga quickly stacks some newspapers so he can be seen above the crowd and clears his throat.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, thanks to the kind generosity of Katniss and the Bank account of Sammy Garcini, I am pleased to announce the prize money for Saturday's poker game has risen quite consiberably. The great Katniss has just put forward $2,000,000! This means..."

Joga quickly writes on a piece of paper and sticks it to a nearby lampost.

Total jackpot = $2,000,000 + $500,000 + total from buy ins!

"Please make sure you start joining the poker club in order to get a chance of winning all this cash and so I can start working out how many contestants will win some sort of prize."

Report Post Tip

Sounds amazing JogaBenito! I just joined the poker club. Looking forward to taking all of your money! ;)

PoisonOak practices her best poker face. -_-

Report Post Tip

Neville lurks in the shadows, as he had become accustomed to doing so these days. He very much enjoyed watching the goings on of the streets, watching mobsters, young and old alike trying to better themselves and their position in society. It was safe to say he was very interested and he dare say, even excited about this new venture of his friend Joga.

Joga, my good friend, this is an excellent ploy for our society as a whole, it encourages people to interact and make good use of their hard earned cash, and let's face it.. who doesn't revel at the chance of proving that they are the best at something and attempting to win some money. I for one, will certainly be up for playing once time allows, I just hope lady luck is on my side!

Neville tips his hat as he once more disappears into the shadows.

Report Post Tip
I'll play, this is today right ?
Report Post Tip

Watch out, PaulzyBoi will definitely win.

Report Post Tip

The Game will start in around an hour as I wait for contestants to wake up. Thank you.

Report Post Tip

Cheers for the fun of the first game Joga, even if it did swing on a lot of luck in the end (sorry The Red God). 

Look forward to the future games too, keep up the great work!
Report Post Tip

Joga returns to the streets from the dark poker room, pockets a little lighter.

Ladies and Gentlemen I have held the first Poker game and the results are: in First place Satanta, Second The_Red_God and Third OttersPocket.

However the fun isnt over, as many of you were asleep or busy in post offices today I will be holding a second game tonight. Likely to be played in around three to four hours time.

The Jackpot has had to be split but the winner can still walk away with over a million dollars.

Thank you.

Please mail me in private if you will be here for that game.

Report Post Tip

Planning a game within the hour. Jackpot atleast $1.5million. Buy in $100k. Please make yourself known if you wish to join in the fun.

Report Post Tip

Thanks for the tournament Joga, was good fun :D 

Report Post Tip

I would happily play again in the future.

Report Post Tip

It's a shame i missed this, i also remember the days where mafioso were playing poker daily, we used to meet in the cafe and see who was up for a game. If anything like this was to return i would be very interested in getting out my old poker glasses.

Report Post Tip

Kim Jong il throws his hands up in excitement.....

Poker is just the thing we used to pass the time in North Korea. You can find some of the best pai gow & chinesse poker players on that side of the globe. Now we don't play much texas holdem on the other side of the map, but there was one big high stakes game in Macau I used to take a seat at from time to time. So of the best players in the world, heck I remember one night walking out with $5,000,000. The only difference is see in you game is the buy in $100,000. Macau game was $1,000,000 buy-in. Will there be any high stake cash games daily Joga that I can wet my beck in.....

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Return of the Poker
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL