Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 12:49:27
Page:  1 
A new flame is kindled Started by: Jaqen_Hghar on Apr 21, '13 00:30
Jaqen left the House of Black and White this evening to meet with the Godfather of the Strangers, and as he entered the backseat of the car and sat in the middle, he looked at the rear-view mirror and was met with the fiery eyes of the Red God, with a smile he nodded to the man, and as he drove them to the House of Strangers, Jaqen thought back to the days where they all used to live under the same roof. The days when all a man did was serve.

In his mind those were the good days, even though he was shot at more then, than when he was told to run a family of his own. To him, being a soldier came more naturally than leading, names were spoken, and they were sacrificed to the Stranger whom collected them all. But it wasn't until he had accomplished what no other in his lineage had, that he realized; To be a leader, you must first learn how to follow. And as the first Sealord in his lineage, he now knew what it meant to lead after having followed for so long.

When they arrived at the House of Strangers, Jaqen stepped out of the car, where DeadlySin greeted him and led him inside, when they got to his office he was met with a smile from Lalaith as she got up to greet him, he shook her hand gently and winked. “It's been a while lady Lalaith,” he said smiling back at her, DeadlySin interrupted them by clearing his throat while he gave them a stern look before he nodded to Lalaith and she left the office.

“She'll be back, don't worry.” DeadlySin said as he motioned for him to have a seat, Jaqen sat down in front of DeadlySin's desk and twiddled his thumbs while looking at him. “The reason I called you here today, Faceless Man.” He said and paused for a moment before he continued, “is not because I missed seeing you,” Jaqen frowned slightly at what DeadlySin said, “even though I enjoy your company my old friend,” at least he said something nice, Jaqen thought to himself as he nodded now with a smile on his face as he continued listening.

“I brought you here because I wanted to ask whether you'd like to expand your operations in Bella Vista or not, the reason why I ask you is because the man I had in mind to help you, is a man that was raised alongside yourself, both as a Stranger and a Sentinel. Although he did not go with you when you first set up shop, he's been a loyal soldier as you have, Jaqen H'ghar. The man I speak of, is Spike Spiegel.” He said and looked at Jaqen, he then sat down at his desk and leaned back in his chair. Jaqen observed him with a smile for a moment before he spoke.

“You know a man would like nothing more than to see Bella Braavos prosper, and with it, the city of Philadelphia as a whole. I think it would be a great honor for him, and myself to have him set up shop alongside Tetley, the three of us all started out as either Strangers, Sentinels or Faceless Men. We are bound by blood, which to me is fundamental when it comes to deciding important matters like this, the man would trust young Mr. Spiegel to do his part for our beloved city, and a man doubts he'd ever make us regret granting him this honor...” A knock on the door interrupted Jaqen before he could finish, and as DeadlySin told them to enter, Jaqen got up to greet the young Spike Spiegel. “I believe you two already know each other,” DeadlySin said as Jaqen and Spike shook hands, Spike nodded to DeadlySin before he straightened himself and looked at them. DeadlySin got up from his chair and walked towards them with a smile and patted both on the shoulder, he then nodded to Jaqen, and Jaqen looked at Spike for a moment before he spoke.

“Spike, you've served honorably under Godfather DeadlySin, but we believe you're destined for greater things, something more than just being a soldier. Which is why you'll be leaving with me on this fine evening, so we can announce what fate has in store for you at the House of Black and White.” Spike knew about Jaqen H'ghar and the things he'd done in the name of the Stranger, so it was no surprise to see the nervous look on his face, but Jaqen assured him that everything was okay, because if his name had been spoken in that regard, he wouldn't be with them right now. He then winked and patted Spike on the back, and asked him nicely to wait outside at the car where the Red God was waiting for them, and as he left the office, Jaqen looked at DeadlySin and Lalaith. “That went well... guess the man will see you two at the House of Black and White in an hour when we announce this, could you do me a favor and call Isiah for me though? Ask him to make the necessary arrangements in the garden. Don't worry... he'll make sure there's plenty of cookies for all, and some baby carrots for the fluffy one.”

Jaqen bowed his head as a sign of respect before he left the office and made his way to the car, when he exited the House of Strangers, he looked at the building and patted it with a smile on his face. “It was nice to see you again, my old friend.” He said and turned to face the Red God and Spike Spiegel, neither knew whether he was talking about the building or Godfather DeadlySin, but they most likely thought he'd lost his mind, he didn't care however. “What?” He asked as they stared at him, both shrugged and entered the car without a word. Jaqen entered the backseat, and as they drove off, he sat there in silence the whole ride, not wanting to ruin the surprise that awaited Spike Spiegel.

They arrived at the the House of Black and White not too long after they had left the House of Strangers, Tetley and the others were already there it seemed and greeted them as they got out of the car, after everyone had shook hands, Jaqen motioned towards the garden to their left. “It's a beautiful evening, so a man wanted to do this outside. Grab a drink and something to eat, a man will wait for the others to arrive.” And as they left for the garden, Jaqen greeted the ones that Isiah had called as they arrived, Donna Bunny and her chain of command was first, followed by South Philly's finest, Godmother Lady Fighter, Don Sephiroth and Don Aidan, last but not least the Strangers themselves. After everyone had made their way to the garden, Jaqen walked over to Spike Spiegel and placed his left hand on Spike's right shoulder.

“Can I have your attention please,” he said and looked at everyone, when he noticed Black Fog in the shadows... behind a bush, stuffing his mouth with cookies... Jaqen shook his head and turned his gaze to the ones standing in front of them. “Mr. Spiegel,” Jaqen said and looked at Spike before he continued, “as a man had mentioned to you earlier, we believe that you are destined for greater things, which is why fate has brought you here to Bella Braavos on this lovely evening. You were once a Sentinel, and a Stranger, much like myself, you lived the life of a soldier and we both took the oath to serve and protect something far greater than ourselves: Our home... Philadelphia. An oath we know you will not break.

As a Sentinel of Sin you served under Sandor and myself, it's nice to see you finally found your way back. And to celebrate your return, it's my pleasure and great honor to announce, that as of today you will be granted a position of power, a house of your own, to lead the men and women under you with honor, to raise them in the manner that you have been raised, and to protect our home at all costs. You are now a sword of Bella Braavos, and the shield of Philadelphia, honor this call with your life, for nothing but glory lies ahead, and it will be yours in time. Valar Dohaeris, Don Spiegel of Bella Braavos.” As Jaqen finished, he patted Spike on the shoulder and gave him a hug, he then took a step back to allow him and the others to speak.
Report Post Tip

Sloppily, Spike hugs Jaqen back. This all seemed to come as a shock to him as he had been out boozing earlier, and just walked in on this. However, Spike knew this day might come at some point... 

Well, thank you. I will try and prove your confidence in me was the right choice Jaqen and Sin. I will... be over with you in Bella Vista shortly.

Starts walking over to Bella Vista, too broke from booze, but intending to set up a cardboard box in Bella Vista and see if anyone wanted to work with him.... Perhaps a lion, a Scouse, and a birday.

Report Post Tip
Gent watches with pride as Godfather Jaqen_Hghar hands SpikeSpiegel his very own keys to his headquarters. He has grown with Spike along with the city and know Spike beeing a very skilled and organised man. His heart fills with pride as Philadelphia grows with the district gaining a new captain!

"Congratulations Godfather Jaqen_Hghar for succeeding in building your district. You have chosen the right man for the job, i know Spike will do wonders for Bella Vista. Very well done indeed! Here, here!>

Gent raises his glass to this proud moment!
Report Post Tip

*Tetley makes his way over to Spike and whispers in his ear* 

"You drunkard we're already in Bella Braavos, you came in the car with Jaqen & Deadly. God you're worse than Isiah."

*Shakes Spike and motions for some coffee to be brought over*

"Anyway, congratulations my friend and commiserations as I'm kicking out Vincent Volaju and you are taking him in, no buts! Now as you are aware Spike I am in the teabagging business and as I am the First Sword of Braavos I can not be seen to have soiled equipment so your first job is going to be Valet Mah Goolies."

Report Post Tip

"Damn, I didn't think we moved. Kinda passed out for a bit there..."

Adds some booze from a hip flask into the hot coffee.

"VincentVolaju will be a good boy. I think he will be the one to Valet your Goolies, as he has done many times in the past."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A new flame is kindled
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL