Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 20:15:13
Page:  1 
Journal versus notebook Started by: Fish on Apr 21, '13 06:02

Fish taps his pipe on the edge of the soapbox, takes his time to pack it with the last of the tobacco left in the bottom of his pouch and lights a match to get a good puff in the works. Once satisfied, he steps up and addresses the passersby.

I’ve been coming to these streets lately and I’ve listened to a few speeches and the conversations that followed. I recognized myself in some of you once or twice and I think I finally understood what has been bothering me since I’ve come to this world.

I have two books in my inner pocket. One is my bloodlines journal where my ancestors have written their tales of triumphs and failures, important lessons underlined by shaking hands and some pages wear crimson splatter . I won’t bore you with details, we all have those books, right? The second is a small notebook I bought at the corner store in which I jot down a few tips I’ve picked up recently since this world has changed tremendously, as it has been pointed out by past speakers.

I love my journal, it’s worn  and there is a certain relish in my ancestors writings as they carefully chose their words before immortalizing them, but the lessons are ancient and don’t  seem to apply to this existing world, from the way we speak in the streets to the way we send people swimming.  I do have my brand new notebook though, and I plan on filling in the blank pages as I go along.

I’m a goomba with an old journal and a new notebook. Every day is a battle on which book I pull out of my pocket to immortalize my own day for my future kin.

Report Post Tip

I came to speak onthis subject but I appear to have brought my journal and not my notebook.  Fecking 4/20 day!

*hails a rickshaw*

Home Jose!

Report Post Tip
Well Fish, first off i would like to welcome to this new world of ours. I have been around for quite some time and have witnessed a lot of these new changes myself. That notebook of yours will become quite helpful to you i am sure. As for journals, one thing for sure i would never let go of them either. I think you do need both and keeping those journal immortalised will keep them alive in your heart.

You see... roots should never be forgotten and you never know when this world will shift again and maybe look a little more like the past... who knows!

In my opinion, you life should'nt become such a struggle. Just keep on taking notes and you will adapt quite well to this thing of ours of today. Good luck to you son!

Gent smiles, nods and mingles with the crowd!
Report Post Tip

I am sure your notebook will be filled up pretty fast too, Fish.

And it will definitely be a great help for your next of kin.

Just keep your eyes wide open and note all the things you see and hear.

Good luck in this new world, mate!

Crimes still havent changed, btw!

*smiles and turns around to do a few petties

Report Post Tip

My journal is kept in my office. It's old, worn, and well read. There are many stories of triumphs and failures in there. From time to time I sit back and read about my first days upon these shores. With great fondness I recall being a wet behind the ears thugs, not really knowing how this thing of ours works. To be fair, there are days that I miss those times.

I keep a notebook too, and I carry it with me every where I go. Just inside my jacket you can find it. It's filled with various locations, names, and places I need to be. My mind wanders from time to time and I forget things I need to remember. This handy notebook helps keep me on the write track. Im sure one day Ill transcribe it over to my journal to remind me of the days Im experiencing right now.

Report Post Tip

Anoxia smiles at the young mafioso, its a breath of fresh air to see a youngster talking sense in these streets, not just some jibber-jabber.

I also have a notebook and a journal, however its MY notebook, and my great great grandfathers journal. My notebook is always close to hand, it has all the information i don't mind people seeing, Sometimes i will show people certain parts if I feel it may help them along their travels. Its always getting new information, and the important stuff gets added to the Journal, ready to pass down to my next kin.

My Journal, or "Libro Secretorum" as it is called is kept in a very safe place, it contains all the workings of my forefathers, good and bad. It contains more information than alot of people could dream of reading, but im sure it is quite small compared to some peoples Journals. It contains information passed down to my bloodline from their closest associates, and also things they have discovered for themselves. My journal has been responsible for many of my bloodlines good doings, but people have also died over it. Once my grandad showed it to someone who needed a helping hand, before he knew it, the information was public chit chat. He learnt my lesson the hard way, never show your personal journal to anyone, I wont make that mistake.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I would think of the journal as a map.  A general idea of what is where - where to go, where to avoid.  Your notebook, on the other hand, is a more detailed guide to this journey.  It'll tell you the details of which restaurant to avoid, and which neighborhood to leave before sunset.  All metaphorically, of course.

Report Post Tip

Fish, such a great topic to bring up if I do say so myself.

Though as many have mentioned here, both are very important even though times are changing we try and never stray to far from our roots in this thing of ours. The concept is much the same as its always been in my mind, we have just evolved into doing thing differently but ultimately come out with the same or even a better result.

History has always been something ive held dear, its who I am, its who my for fathers were its something that will never leave you. Taking many wins and losses along the way, you can look back and say, damn great grand pappy sure made me proud, learning from there mistakes and conquers you can only develop yourself into being an even better Mafioso.

Great speech!

Sephiroth wanders off towards the closest 7-11…  

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Journal versus notebook
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL