Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 13:08:40
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
U wot m8 Started by: RogerHeaton on Apr 27, '13 09:53

Just saw this on the other game.

It has rustled my jimmies to a factor of maximum rustle. 

Apr 26th 8:18AM - BlackAliss | Report Abuse

Well, if Izzy is nicking stuff from here, it's not the first time, and I doubt it will be the last. He is the reason this version is the way it is, since the whole thing had to be re-coded after he had a hissy fit when he got his hand smacked for cheating.

We don't ban people for talking about other games. We'd prefer it if you didn't talk about that one though.

How out of order... 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Ah, revisionist history, how lovely. :)

Anyone who was around back in 2004(5?) when I left .org knows I left because of a disagreement with how and where the game was going with one of the owners, tonyB.  For the few years prior, I was the only active coder, and because of this, 99% of all the new code in the game was mine.  When I left .org everything was OK, until tonyB gave the game to another man with whom I strongly disagreed with on a personal level.  Since giving away my code to a 3rd party was done without my permission or even notification, I objected to this.  I gave tonyB a copy of the game how it was from a backup shortly after I started working there that was before the majority of my recodes and new features so that he may continue on with .org with his new chosen person to run the game without any conflict of copyright issues.

He realized that losing all of my code sets the game back a few years, and exposed it once again too all of its pre-existing bugs and what not and felt that would be a good opportunity to rewrite the game than to patch it.

Any of the players from 2002 on knows that quite a few of the people with accounts that had benefits were relieved of them.  At one point in time, it became a 'You get rid of them, or I walk'.  I did not tolerate admin cheating.

Whatever you think you know, you probably have picked up after its been so far mangled from the rumor mill that it no longer resembles the truth.  If you want verification of why the game was recoded, and my reputation as far as admin cheating go, why not go to the owner of .org himself, tonyB, if you cant take my word for it. Or rumor mill bullshit by bitter people who were not even playing can just be posted, from one game to another, until everyone is misinformed and reputations are ruined.  Yay?

Report Post Tip

"Well, if Izzy is nicking stuff from here, it's not the first time, and I doubt it will be the last."

Also, what ideas am I stealing from a game I havn't logged into for half a decade?  What new and profound ideas that are totally unique to .org that could never be thought of unless someone played it and it has been implemented here?  I really am at a loss of what you are accusing :/

Report Post Tip

Playing Devil's Advocate, I think Roger is saying BlackAliss is out of order, not Izzy

Report Post Tip

BlackAliss reminds me of Mother.. 

Report Post Tip

I am very much saying BlackAliss is out of order. I wouldn't sign up here just to slag off Izzy. 

I am fairly sure BA is mother. 

Report Post Tip

Can't say I know 'mother' at all, but seeing someone throw around libellous comments (the truth of the situation has been hashed out many times so no real debate there) about someone says all I'd need to know to be honest. 

As for 'nicking stuff from here', dear god no. The minute that that game is used for a template to copy from is the minute any game starts hitting towards the gutter. There's a limited number of features and ideas for any game, so there will always be some overlap at times, but I can safely say there's an obvious distinction between a good game continually going in the right direction and one that's horrid from the ground up. 
Report Post Tip

This is literally, very old news

Report Post Tip

I guess what's most shocking to me is that .org still exists. The last time I logged on there, maybe four years ago, there might have been a grand total of five people online.

Report Post Tip

Well .org had hiding NPC's from the obits then a few weeks later MR also gained that feature. Not pointing fingers but more than one idea brought into the game via the PC/suggestions/Little shit that bugs you has had influences from more than one other game. That is nothing to do with the admins, just the players who saw it on another forum and thought it would be good to have here and others agreed.

Report Post Tip

Thats right Venom, it was the users that suggested such changes, so still not Izzy stealing any ideas as such. As Satanta said, there are only so many features you can use, so there will always be the same ideas being used in various games. Whether someone saw it in another game and suggested it for here, or simply just thought of it as their own idea (not like it would be hard to come up with the same idea that someone else had for a similar type of game), makes no difference.

(just going back to what Kuku said - I also got the impression the poster was actually backing you up Izzy and wasn't starting a bashing thread)

Report Post Tip

hahahaha... Mother.

The most bitter and ignorant person I've ever had the misfortune to come across besides Jerusalem. In fact... I think she is probably on a par.

What Izzy says is true, yes he was unhappy they were using his code... and damn fucking right too! Izzy was the ONLY regularly active admin AND coder on .org. If I'd done all the work for the best part of 3 years I'd have thrown the biggest wobbly/hissy fit on earth. Especially when said code is being given to CarCrash... uhhh.. CarcASS, whatever you want to call that rude ignoramus.

Let .org whine, none of the idea's are coming from there. If they're the same then its purely coincidence.

Sorry for the obvious bitter undertone but Mother is a fuckwit who can never (and I do mean NEVER) be wrong in her own eyes.

Report Post Tip

When two Mafia games originate from the same site and player base, why is it surprising that they develop similar features? Seems like Izzy got the better end of the past 10 years, and this is just them being dissatisfied with their own standing, unwilling to accept the blame.

Report Post Tip

"Seems like Izzy got the better end of the past 10 years"

As a side note...  Is anyone else feeling really old right now? 

Report Post Tip

I started playing as 14 year old. I feel very old now O.o.

Report Post Tip

I wasn't right up until you said that... but now? Yeah. So thanks for that Squishy. You jerk :P 

Report Post Tip

My age became more apparent when my I let my son press the wack button for me... I started playing .org at 18 and will turn 30 soon :-/

Report Post Tip

Doesn't that technically count as account sharing!? Is that allowed?

Report Post Tip

Tbh, I can see why Izzy isn't with them anymore. Izzy actually wants to put the time into trying to make a game better for the players. Does .org do this? If you have been there for a week, you will know that .org does indeed NOT give a shit about their bugs and keeping the user base happy. Granted, you aren't going to make everyone happy but the bugs should at least be fixed. If we have a bug on MR, would they ever leave it unattended? Hell no.

On .org? Lol, you will be luck if they even read what the problem is. MR cares, .org doesn't that is your difference. And that is why MR is more successful then .org and that is why it will always be more superior then .org can ever touch.

They are now doing a poll. The poll is "Should we reset the game every time after someone gets Godfather?"

Heh. How about they quit being lazy asses and code GF in game? Just my little rant on the topic. I was a .org player, found MR, played it and learned it then never looked back to that second rate site again. There are clear reasons to why more people play MR, then the other.

Report Post Tip

As a .org player in the old days who has been away for a long time I can honestly say there is only one game that is the spiritual successor to that one.

I have had a look at this ''new'' .org and it is, for want of a better word terrible. It has nothing that made me love it back in 2003. However MR has all that I loved about the game in 2003 plus extras that have made things a lot better.

I did not know much about the schism but I believe this is the ''TRUE way.''

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: U wot m8
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL