Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 16:59:58
Page:  1 
The Life Started by: Powerslide on Apr 28, '13 02:17

It’s a harshly cold morning in mid December, so cold that it seems to freeze the lungs with every breath.  Carlo is standing by an abandoned warehouse near the docks in New York.  Carlo is waiting and has been waiting for a few hours for a man to meet him that could change his life.  He had been running with a small crew of adolescent boys getting into fights, petty thefts, small time burglaries and of course car theft.   Carlo had made a name for himself as a strong man and that is what helped arranged this meeting.

Carlo had led the typical life of a Italian teen from Queens. He had a large family consisting of 4 younger brothers and a younger sister.  Moving to NY from a small village in Sicily when he was only seven made things rough for him. He had to learn English and was made fun of a lot which caused him to have a tough time. The rough life of fighting those who made fun of him which lead to him skipping school.  He later met his crew which helped him feel accepted and make money for his family.  This crew called the

He had seen the wise guys around the city.  He had dreamt of leading that life with the fancy cars and clothes along with the respect that came with it.  They seemed to have it all.  He didn’t think it was possible till he got the call from Carmine Santino.  He was a local wise guy for the Genovese Family the oldest family out of New York.   Carmine had got a message to him telling him he had heard a lot about him and that he wanted to meet. Carlo was both excited and nervous at the same time.  He did not know what he wanted for sure and things could go very well or really bad.

After hours of waiting a black 1932 Ford pulls up and a man in a black suit and fedora gets out of the passenger side and walks towards him. It is Carmine, Carlo continues to watch as a bigger man gets out of the driver’s side and leans on the front of the car. He became anxious and nervous this was something that he had no real idea of what to make of it.  He had heard stories of these meetings where guys were not ever seen or heard from again.

The feel of his revolver in his waist band made him feel little comfort these guys could kill him in an instant and he would not see it in time to even reach for it let alone get a shot off.  Carlo was nervously looking around trying to get some clue as to what this was about and what was going on.  A cold breeze blew and stood the little hairs up on the back of his neck trying to shake it off and not seem like a scared little kid he noticed that the guy leaning on the car had a Tommy gun under his jacket.   This was not something that seemed right at all. Scanning around to get a better clue he noticed another man with a rifle standing on a fire escape at the corner of the warehouse.

Feeling very nervous he scans for a place to grab cover the only thing close enough to him is an old dumpster that stands between him and Carmine. Carmine starts walking towards him and doesn’t even acknowledge the man on the fire escape. Carlo decides to meet him near the dumpster to give him less distance to cover if needed. Carlo walks slowly as to not seem suspect but keeps the rifleman in his in the corner of his eye.  Carlo extends his hand to Carmine as the man reaches him. 

“Hello Mr. Santino, Pleasure to meet you” Carlo says respectfully

“Hello Carlo, Call me Carmine” Carmine says with a smirk.

“Yes Mr.… I mean Carmine. “He says a little embarrassed

“Why did you want to see me? “ Carlo asks

Carmine pulls out a cigar and lights it before speaking.

“You have made a real reputation around the neighborhood “He says drawing from his cigar before continuing. “ Times are tough there is a war a brewing and I could use a guy like you around and who knows maybe one day I could bring you into the family... No promises though” he says with a serious look

Carlo listens intently when he notices the man with the rifle moving. Scanning over he sees the rifle draw and on the man by the car. Before Carlo can utter a word a shot rings out dropping the man where he stood.

The rifle man then swings towards Carmine... All Carlo can do is react he grabs Carmine and throws him behind the dumpster diving out of the way of the second shot.  He Grabs his revolver and stands up and fires all five shots hitting the man, the impact of the shot sends him over the railing and plummeting to the ground.

Carlo stands there in awe of the whole situation and before feeling himself being pulled to the ground.

“We need to get out of here. “ Carmine yells trying to get Carlo’s attention.

Carlo snaps out of it and runs to the car with Carmine. He jumps into the passenger seat as Carmine Pulls out as fast as the Ford will go.

“Where are we going? Who were they?” Carlo asks

The drive seemed to take hours or maybe it was just with everything that happened time seemed to slow for Carlo. He had never shot anyone before, while he had been in many fights and tight spots before he never needed to use his gun, for than appearances to get what he was after.  It excited him the power it had the ability to take a man’s life or not completely up to him. He had found he was good at fighting and now he found something else that made him feel that powerful.

Carlo still had no idea where they were going only that they were headed into Manhattan.   Carmine had not said a word since they got into the car he had a stern and worried look on his face. Carlo could not help but wonder what in the world was going on.  He could not fathom who would be dumb enough to shoot at a wise guy, especially one from this family.  The car stopped in front of the Triangle Club.  Carlo had not been here only heard of it in truth he had only been to Manhattan once and it was a quick job in and out.

There were a few big men standing out the door.  Carlo walked into the club following Carmine it was not what he thought.  It was actually a small and simple place, a bar on the left a couple of games on the right and a few tables scatter around. Carmine led him to a small round table in the back.  Sitting at the table was Charlie Luciano.  Carmine stopped Carlo short of the table and walked over Luciano and whispered in his ear. After a short conversation that Carlo could not understand Carmine introduced him.

“Carlo this is Charlie Luciano” he said pointing to the man

“Hello Sir pleasure meeting you” Carlo says with nervousness and excitement in his voice

“We will see if you feel that way after a few months “Luciano said with a chuckle.

“Carmine tells me you saved his life.  I am very great full for your actions” He continues

“I just did what I had to” Carlo responds

“He also tells me you have earned yourself a reputation as a tuff guy on the streets. “ Luciano questions

“I protect myself and I do not let people get away with things.  If that means I am a tuff guy then guilty as charged” Carlo tells him

“I have use for men with your talents, but think long and hard on this because as you have seen things are uneasy right now and tensions are high.  I ask for only one thing and that is total loyalty to this organization, in return you will be rewarded for the work you do and have the protection of it as well.  Meet Carmine tomorrow at this address if you wish to learn the ropes. “He says handing him a piece of paper.

With that Carmine walks Carlo out of the club and leads him to a car that is waiting outside.

“Marco here will take you home or any where you need. Thank you for what you did and I will see there at noon, if you choose to sign on with us that is. Good night “Carmine says while opening the door and offering his hand to Carlo

“You are welcome and I will see you tomorrow.” He says shaking his hand before getting into the car.

Carlo could barely sleep the whole night he could not stop thinking about the whirlwind of the events that had taken place. The meeting then the shooting being asked to join the Genovese family and lastly meeting Charlie Luciano himself.  He had never seen the man before only heard of him. He is the boss the Genovese family normally he would have been scared for his life to meet him but tonight he didn’t even have the time to ponder the weight of him meeting a man like that. He knew he would accept the offer and that went without saying.

The night turned into day and Carlo got ready for his meeting with Carmine.  He did not know what to expect from the day only that his life was going to change.  He decided to expect anything and everything, with the unrest that he had already seen he decided to load his pistol and bring it with him. He slipped it into the waist band of his black suit pants and headed out the door.

He was told to meet at a local butcher and upon arriving he saw Carmine standing outside smoking a cigarette.

“Ah you made. So I take it you decided to join us?” Carmine says with a smile

“Of course I did. Someone needs to watch your back apparently.” Carlo says jokingly back to him

“So why are we meeting here?” he questions.

“Part of your duties is going to be collecting from the businesses that we provide protection to as well as those that owe us money.” Carmine explains

“And if they refuse?” Carlo asks

“Remind them that it is in their best interest to pay.  But remember a dead man can pay nothing.” Carmine warns.

Carlo and Carmine head into the butchers and the man hands over an envelope to Carmine with no problems. The two men head out and down the street.

“So what happened that night? Who was that man?” Carlo asks

“Do not know just yet only have a few theories. The boss is looking into it.” Carmine tells him

“There has been tension between the boss and a rival family.  All of it way above our pay grade so to speak” he continues

Carmine hands him a little black book. It is leather bound and contains a list inside of places and names.

“Here is your list for the places you need to visit once a week. Don’t let them give you some sob story make sure they pay.”  He tells him

“When you’re done meet me here.”  He tells him pointing to the diner

“You’re a soldier and work for me now. So if you need anything let me know.” He says before heading inside.

Carlo worked like this for weeks. Making his rounds and for the most part the people paid him what was owed and he would take the money to Carmine.  He was paid pretty well for this and was building up some decent money of his own. He had gone to Carmine to ask what he could do to earn more.  It was explained about loaning the money for a return and collecting on it or he could take bets, but the second was more risk than it was worth.

Carlo decided to make some loans and collect the juice. “Make my money work for me” he said to himself.

He was working hard and moving up in the world. He now had an apartment in Manhattan above a speakeasy he had opened with another member of the family. Things were really moving up for Carlo but he still wanted more. He wanted what Carmine had to be a Made member of the family, untouchable so to speak.

One night Carmine came to him and told him the boss had a job that needed to be done, although he didn’t not have the details, just that he had to go to the Triangle club right away and see him.

Carlo rushed to the Triangle Club and headed inside.

“Mr. Luciano I heard you wanted to see me?” He asked standing in front of the table.

“Yes I have a job for you to do that requires your kind of talents” he responded

“What is that sir?” Carlo asked with a little concern.

“Deal with the persons involved in that shooting a while back. I have found out who was behind it and its high time we return the favor.” Luciano tells Carlo

“Vito here will fill you on the details.” He says pointing to the man next to him.

“Consider it done sir.” Carlo exclaims

Vito signals for Carlo to follow him into the next room. Where he hands him a special designed pistol which has been set up just for this job, it has a special tape on the grip so no finger prints will be left behind.  He was told of the clubs and restaurants that Mario, the Capo that called the hit, liked to frequent.

Carlo headed out and got in the back of a 36 ford, which Marco was driving, and headed out. It was a calm evening a pretty nice night actually. The streets where fairly busy with people leaving dinner and heading out.  They pulled up to “Alexanders” , a place he liked to have dinner, when Carlo spotted him walking outside.

The adrenaline started to build, Carlo could feel his excitement welling up inside him and had to take a moment to calm down. Marco pulled the car up to the curb just as Mario turned to say something to a tall man at the door, Carlo rolled the window down about half way stuck the revolver out of it and pulled the trigger twice hitting the man in the back of the head.  Mario fell to the ground in a heap and Marco sped away before the crowed could even react.  Carlo puts the gun back in his waist and rolls the window up.

“Marco back to the club.  Make sure no one is following us first though” Carlo said trying to calm down.

This was the first big job he had done for the family. He was glad it went off without a hitch.  He was glad the job was done and did not drag out.  He knew he was not going go back till it was done.

After about an hour they got back to the club. Vito was standing outside talking to someone that Carlo had not seen before. Vito sees him and sends the other guy away.

“Did you need something? Or forget something?” Vito says to him unsure as to why he is back so soon.

“It’s done.” Carlo says.

“No shit! That was fast.” Vito says shocked and unsure

“Yes went down right in front of Alexanders” Carlo says proudly

“Let’s go see the boss.” Vito says heading back in.

Carlo follows him into the Triangle Club and heads back to the boss’s table. Luciano is sitting there with Carmine and Sal, an capo in the family, when Vito walks up and whispers something in his ear.

“Check it Vito” Luciano says to him

Vito walks into the back and out of Carlo’s site

“So Vito tells you me your done.” Luciano says questioningly

“Yes sir. I told you to consider it done” Carlo tells him

Before anymore can be said Vito walks back out from the back and whispers to the boss again.

Carlo was not sure what was going on. He was not worried too much because he did the job he was sent to do. It may have gone easily this time but it was done the same.

“Well done. I am glad we can count on you to do a job when asked.” Luciano says to him.

Carmine gets up from the table and walks over to Carlo. He signals for him to follow him outside.

“Very good job Carlo. There is many tests and jobs along the way if you want to make something of yourself in this life. This was the first for you.” Carmine says lighting up a Chesterfield cigarette.

“ This life is just about how much you earn but your loyalty to the family, that must come first and foremost.” He tells him before taking a deep drag

“You did not know this but I vouched for you to get this job. I knew you could do it and put my ass on the line. I am glad you did good. Now go home and get some sleep” He says before taking one more big drag and tossing it on the ground.

Carlo just nods and heads back towards his car. Truth was he was ready for the day to be done. The excitement and anticipation wore him out. He was glad it was over and could not wait till to continue with the life he chose.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Life
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL