Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 06:20:18
Page:  1 
The Mafia Returns Wiki - Volunteers Started by: Satanta on Apr 30, '13 17:59

With the current changes happening in the game, congratulations and thanks to the admin team for the consistent work in this regard, the existing Mafia Returns Wiki is in need of a significant update. As the admin team (rightly, it must be said) continue to focus on improving the game itself; it should be us the players that take up this role, in my humble opinion.

I'm more than happy to invest time into it, but no one person or player can give the range of views required for such a task nor have the level of knowledge required to do it justice, so I'm hoping that a number of others might be willing to give their time too. That is where YOU come in.

If you have the enthusiasm, interest and passion to give your time to such a job (whether it's updating a single part of an entry, an entire page or a large number of pages) please do come forward and let me know.  If it's a small suggestion, you can just mm the details to me or if it's a large one sign up with an account and have a quick chat and we can have your status changed to a writer on the site.

I'd be especially keen to hear from anyone that has knowledge/interest in producing a few "help videos" for it. These would provide a further option for users that might not be keen on a text only solution and would help get across the details of some of the more intricate aspects of gameplay. If that's something you might be willing to do but aren't keen on making a script or doing a voice over yourself, let me know and we can put together a few teams to work together on such a task. 

Please do comment below or throw me a mobmail if you'd be willing to do something to help out in this endeavour.

Report Post Tip

For anyone who isn't aware, the wiki can be reached by clicking on the "?" to the right of any links in the menu or by visiting the Mafia Returns wiki home page (here).

Report Post Tip

I'd be happy to help with writing and doing instructional videos. What I would need though is some proper screen-recording software.

Report Post Tip

I had considered this, and was in the process of planning it out.

My idea for the Wiki would involve it being constructed a little different. We would explain what each function achieves, then below, a small RP paragraph acting out the function, just to keep things in-line with the theme of the game.

Or perhaps, have the RP paragraph first, followed by the description?

Report Post Tip

I'd certainly keep the OOC description to the forefront of the wiki, it's there as a 'help manual' for people to understand the game. 

The RP'd side of it could be an interesting addition. If nothing else, it would help newer players get a feel for how to RP something like elements of the game mechanics. I'd just be wary of not turning the wiki into an intimidating wall of text with its addition and it does/would add a significant amount of additional work to the wiki (which is fine, assuming we have the people available and willing to do it).

It certainly is something worth looking at though and if you've a few examples it'd be great to see them TG. I'll drop you a mm on it when I get a little time.

Thanks for the offer Governor, I'll certainly take you up on it. As for the software, it's an area I have little/no knowledge on either if I'm honest.

I know in my industry that CamStudio is very popular and widely used, however as I've no personal experience using it it does come with a major caveat there. If we don't get others with more experience come forward, it's a base point and I'd be happy to mess around using it too if it'd help to have a few people messing with it to bounce ideas/what we've learned off each other.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: The Mafia Returns Wiki - Volunteers
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL