Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 03:48:12
Page:  1 
A sinful occasion, with joyful celebrations. Started by: Jaqen_Hghar on May 04, '13 13:00
As Jaqen exited the House of Black and White he looked at the people gathered outside, and although he had dressed up in his finest suit and was the most handsome man among them, they could see he was nervous, and he was nervous because the task before him was a big one, and he didn't want to screw it up somehow. He'd taken all night to think about his speech and how to announce what Philadelphia was celebrating today, he looked at the note in his hand and smiled as he read: “Don't freak out, but we're all out of cookies. -TRG” He'd brought the wrong fucking note, but it was far too late to turn back now, so Jaqen just looked up at the crowd with a smile and cleared his throat before he spoke.

“Afternoon ladies and gents, and welcome to Philadelphia for those of you that traveled from afar just to be here for this joyous occasion. It's not every day that I have the honor to do this, so it makes me quite happy to see so many of you turned up even though no one had told you why you were asked to come. The reason behind it all is to celebrate something with us, and for you to enjoy a few events while here, events brought to you by the lovely people of Philadelphia and New York.

DeadlySin,” he said and pointed at the old man in the crowd. “I'm not quite sure what to say about this man... he's old, like... really really old, sometimes I fear he's going to dislocate a hip chasing after kids with his cane just to steal their candy, but he has yet to fall, and despite his fossil age, he still catches the little bastards. But I'm not here to tell you tales of how he terrorizes kids for their candy, his age however, is the reason we're all here.

May 4th last year was the day that DeadlySin became a Godfather of Philadelphia, so today would make it his first anniversary... a whole year spent as a Godfather, that's longer than I've been in America, and quite an accomplishment in the life we lead, and that is why we honor him today with some festivities for all to enjoy. Congratulations Godfather, may the Stranger watch over you, as you have watched over us.” Jaqen said and bowed his head to DeadlySin, he then looked at the others and spoke once more.

“There's also food and drinks inside, but sadly no cookies. I guess I should tell you all what we had planned, so without further ado, I hereby give you todays events.” Jaqen turned around as he finished and looked at the Faceless Men as they made their way out with several posters, they placed them on the building and opened the giant doors to the Cathedral for their guests.

I'd like to start off with this one, as I found it quite interesting and fun, yet not easy unless you have a keen eye.

The Hunt for DeadlySin’s Stolen Diary
Event Starts: May 04, 13:00 MRT – Event Ends: May 05, 01:00 MRT

Some devious little prick has tried to dampen todays celebrations by stealing DeadlySin’s diary of the events of the last year or so. We can’t be having that, that diary is top secret stuff and it means a lot to DeadlySin. We need your help to track down all the missing pages, and to hopefully find the thief and teach him not to meddle in our celebrations. The thief can’t have gotten far, we’ve retrieved one page of it so far… And it can be found here.

Reward

A joyful trip down memory lane, and a happy ending.
And thanks to the little fluffy one; $15,000,000 to whoever can prove who the culprit was within 12 hours.

I Love Coffee!
Event Starts: May 04, 13:00 MRT – Event Ends: May 05, 13:00 MRT

Our second event of the day, will be interesting to see how it turns out. Lady-Fighter will shortly be across the street over there, and what you are meant to do is to tell/show her how you think DeadlySin would react (OOC: Show DeadlySin's reaction in a picture, in a meme, or in a role-played answer. We'd also like for you to RP your reply slightly even if it happens to be a pic or meme entry, this is the streets after all.)

DeadlySin will judge the entries and pick the top three he feels would be his reaction. You are allowed one entry per person, so pick wisely from one of the three options given, and good luck.

Rewards

1st Prize: $10,000,000
2nd Prize: $7,000,000
3rd Prize: $3,000,000

We're all rough, tough, take no bullshit mafiosi. Right? Good, I thought so.

We all know that rough, tough, take no bullshit mafiosi love nothing more than a good sing song. Right? Great, I knew you'd agree. Who doesn't love a good sing song?

With that blatantly obvious observation in mind, we'd like to introduce you to the Sing a Song of Sin event.

Understanding that we have members of our community that at times struggle with tasks such as reading, writing and getting their pants on the right way around *cough*BlackFog*cough*, we're going to keep this little event nice and simple.

Simply write us a song, a poem or a limerick about the ol' man DeadlySin that contains his name and his title of Godfather and is related to our way of life. That's it. It can be an original work, a classic you've adapted to your needs. You never know, your song could even go on to be a smash hit of the future if it's good enough.

Entry: A song, poem or limerick. - Share your entry here.
Requirements: Must contain the words “DeadlySin” and “Godfather”.
Theme: The more mafia related, and related to DeadlySin, the better.
NOTE: If you feel like actually singing or reading aloud, you're more than welcome to do so, it may even give you some bonus points with the judges!

Rewards

1st Prize: $7,000,000
2nd Prize: $5,000,000
3rd Prize: $2,000,000

Main reason why you're at this location today, a Red Priest from Braavos has come to visit... (he's a fucking douche) and he will keep going on and on about dark nights and terrors, as if anyone cared when death is already lurking around every corner, before anyone even knew about the Old Gods or the New. Anyway, he's inside House of Black and White, and will not leave until people have confessed their sins, so please... feel free to do so. Built2Destroy will point you in the right direction. (OOC: B2D will be making his speech shortly, role-play your confession if you wish to partake in the event.)

Confession of Sins

Entry: Confess your sins as mentioned.
Categories: Funniest, Strangest, Craziest.
Simple Rule: Don't go extreme, common sense should tell you what is and isn't acceptable.

Rewards

There's a 1st Prize of $3,000,000 for each category, the same person cannot win more than one category. But multiple confessions are acceptable, be it in one go or multiple visits to the Red Priest, but no more than three confessions per person, basically one for each category if you want to raise your luck.

Get Your Poker Face!
Event Starts: TBA

Until Don Sephiroth returns from his business trip, I can't share much with you here, I can say this much however: He'll run the tourney when he's back, and I am pretty sure he'll inform you all here when that will be, and any details you need to know in regards to prizes, where you'll play, etc, will be shared here.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $1,000,000 Tip
-Another DeadlySin-</em>

Another Deadly Sin
Another Day to Win
Another time to spy
With this burning Desire

Our Godafther would agree
That this is not just tee
This is our Hour
Today is all about Power

A full year of ruling Philly
A full year of showing Pitty
For a man that’s trying to be Scary
We all act like it’s not silly

But then this man is our friend
And he will be to the end
There is no need to pretend
He’s the one we defend

I could even take one year more
To try to even up the score
By keeping out of line of fire
That would be my greatest desire

Today is the moment of truth
Godfather DeadlySin still has’nt lost a tooth
And of course he’s getting old
Even his soup he now eats cold

Everyone loves the crazy old fart
Deep down in our hearts
We cannot be very far
From this thing of ours without our Star

So now let’s all petty, felony and organise
Our Godfather will surely sympathise
So everyone else can realise
That they are missing out on the greatest prize

Some people kill some people die
Even Godfather’s eventualy will lie
Asleep they will and never wake up
But this Godfather DeadlySin will surely screw-up
Report Post Tip

Fret not, my colleagues, the bastard who had the audacity to steal DeadlySin's diary has been eliminated. No need to search for him any longer.

Report Post Tip

Holy crap what an occasion! I must admit I do love these big events to mark milestones in peoples history. As Artorem has been nice enough to let everyone know the culprit of DeadlySins Diary theft has been shot. I shall put a more official statement towards that end. 

The competition to find the person responsible for the theft of DeadlySin's diary has been won. The person is dead and the missing pages of his diary have been returned. For those of you that took part and maybe got stuck or hell... even for those of you that didn't. I will now explain how this competition was won. 

Godfather Jaqen_Hghar was kind enough to start the work for you and provide you with the first page. Within this page was the clue to the next one. For those with a keen eye and the patience to look, you would have found a link to the next page in one of the e's in the word 'interesting. Leading you to here.

There you would have been presented with the another page of DeadlySins diary. On closer inspection on this page you would have found a link in one of the A's in the crew name YAOWA. Leading you here.

That would take you to the next missing page of the diary. There you would have found a link in one of the a's in the word Godfather. Leading you here.

That is where you would find the next missing peace and a link to the next in the r in 'trained. Taking you to here.

In this missing page you would have found a link to the next clue in one of the n's in 'own'. Leading you here. This is where you a link in the 'F' of 'Finally'. Taking you to the next page here.

In this page you would find a link to the next piece in the 'd' in 'kidding'. Taking you here.

This is where you would find the next link in the 'r' in 'really' in the last sentence. That would have taken you here

After that you would find the next link in one of the w's in the word 'crewless'. Taking you here.

After scrawling this page for the next clue you would eventually find it in one of the n's in the word 'taken'. Leading you here.

That would take you to the last page of the diary where you would find a link to move forward in the 'k' of SpikeSpiegel's name. Taking you here.

This would be the last missing page of the diary but it still wouldn't explain how you would find the name of the culprit for you to be able to shoot him and return the diary to it's owner. But, if you had been paying attention you would realise that you already have the clues to find his name. If you had remembered each letter you have clicked you would have come up with 'eAarnFdrwnk'. Unfortunately it is scrambled. If you took a little bit of time with that word and unscrambled the letters eventually you would have come up with AndrewFrank. He was an unsponsored gangster with no affiliation to any crew and was skilled in the art of stealth. Luckily we had you guys to help track him down and end his pitiful life with Artorem eventually finding him and pulling the trigger. Well done. 

(Massive amount of thanks and credit for this goes to Anna from New York. The diary idea was hers... I won't tell you when she came up with it... but it was a great idea with what Bunny had given us and asked us to do. As was the idea to make a real living culprit for the winner to take down. Nice work!)

Even if you did not take part in this particular event and now can not with it being won already, take a look at the pages of the diary I have supplied for you. They details major events in DeadlySin's one year as a Godfather. Some good memories and bad memories to be had there. Enjoy. 

Report Post Tip

(heh, the links are not as apparent as I thought I made them. To access each link, click on the word 'here' in each sentence.)

Report Post Tip

Always forget something... the first page of the diary can be found in Godfather Jaqen_Hghar's original speech.

Report Post Tip

Cassadaga pokes her head out and looks around...

When are the results of the competitions announced?

Report Post Tip

I would like to thank every person to came to celebrate my one year mark as a Godfather. The competitions were all fantastic, and I enjoyed every entry. Without further ado, here are your winners! You'll all find that if you check with your accountants, your winnings have already been paid.

The Hunt for DeadlySin's Stolen Diary

Winner of $15,000,000: Artorem

I Love Coffee!

1st Prize Winner of $10,000,000: Countdown

2nd Prize Winner of $7,000,000: Satanta

3rd Prize Winner of $3,000,000: CarlGrimes

Sing a Song of Sin

1st Prize Winner of $7,000,000: Artorem

2nd Prize Winner of $5,000,000: Cassadaga

3rd Prize Winner of $2,000,000: The_Gent

Confession of Sins

Winner of $3,000,000 and the Craziest Confession Category: Tinkerbell

Winner of $3,000,000 and the Strangest Confession Category: Satanta

Winner of $3,000,000 and the Funniest Confession Category: MichaelLaMotta

Report Post Tip

Thank you Godfather DeadlySin and to the city of Philadelphia for giving me an opportunity to express my creative side and receive a reward for it. Much appreciated and one again, congratulations on one year as Godfather. 

<3

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A sinful occasion, with joyful celebrations.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL