Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 08:25:19
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
A Retirement, Unnoticed? Started by: Kuku- on May 08, '13 11:07

Whilst sorting through my mail today, I noticed that my secretary, still looking uncomfortable from the day before, had marked "deceased" on a missive from a certain Prem.

I went to his funeral, paid my respects, then got to thinking...

For better or worse, this man's bloodline has been an epic presence for years now, on the Streets and beyond...

retirement? Not sure he s done that before...

What's the story? It's a genuine question.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip
It appears that he has stood up for what he believes in. He didn't want to be a part of something which he doesn't fully appreciate or agree with.

Like him or not, you have to give the man kudos for that.

*tips hat to Premier*
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Like Kuku asked or wonders. i hope Premeir comes to the streets himself once to explain to us what happend?

I like to hear it from the man himself.

Grabs a cigar and a buca

Report Post Tip

Whatever the story, whatever the decision, in my opinion this retirement is much less significant for the city of New York than other retirements we have seen in the past couple of weeks; the one I'd especially like to draw attention to is the retirement of tiggy. We didn't see street threads asking for her story, when she, an incredibly active Don, left hand to Godfather Alexander chose to leave this way of life.

Her bloodline has history, just like Prem's does. So why are we concerning ourselves on the retirement of a Capo with many things in other worlds preventing him from being fully active in this one? I mean, sure, it'd be interesting, but in terms of significance? I'd rather hear from somebody who was fully a part of a city than one who drifted in and out.

Report Post Tip

Retirements don't catch the eye... Good points, Anna 

Report Post Tip

But on the flip side Anna, Googz and Prem's bloodlines have for years upon year been good friends, that is why this is such a surprise. Sometimes its not about how active someone is. When a long time 'blood friend' retires, it shows you a lot more.

Nobody was surprised with tiggy's retirement, I saw it coming as I'm sure many others did. Her blood has long stood by her morals and retirement was always a possiiblity. She was bound to clash/argue/disagree with people because well... that's tiggy. Much like my own bloodline... if I had retired or gone rogue when Phil shot Squid, I doubt many people would've batted an eyelid as that's what people expect.

It's when the unexpected happens that people are intrigued. Prem retiring from Phil's city is exponentially more interesting than tiggy's case, simply because of the history between the people in question.

Now, if tiggy had been in let's say... a member of Jono's bloodline's family and retired, THEN it would be a whole lot more interesting because of the 2 people in question, however if Prem had retired from a member of Jono's bloodline's family barely anybody would be interested.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I can fully see and appreciate what you're saying Countdown, I was merely illustrating the perspective from inside New York. There have been retirements that have really upset me in the last few weeks. With no offence meant to Prem.. this one really isn't one of those. He brought a strong bloodline's worth of history to the city and he brought the long term friendship between his bloodline and that of Phil's.. but in the months I've been with this city, I honestly can't say I've seen him bring much else. Unlike some of the others we've seen, which have been no less upsetting and no less huge losses to the city for being somewhat expected.

Report Post Tip

Im not sure if Prem wants us to know why he quit or not, but if he does im sure he will come to the streets with his reason, but it is good to see answers in the streets or even questions atleast, after something happing in this world, usallay we will ignore it and act like it never happen, so for that I see progress today in this world and these streets, cheers

the mobster jumps back in his bullet proof limo lights his blunt he has rolled on his way over and drives off to rob a bank

Report Post Tip

As DonVisicaro stops near the local store to get a coffee to start his long work day a certain discussion catches his attention.

I agree.  If Prem wanted to let people know his reasoning for leaving the city of New York , I'm sure he will come out to say it. Its pretty odd tho for a man of many days and nights working in the big apple, to leave this life of ours R.I.P, and have his son return to only build a life in a city 11 hours away from his fathers birth place. Interesting...I'm sure time will tell.

As Don sips on his coffee and listens to the gentlemen talk around him.

Report Post Tip

Doubtlessly the whole tale will end up in a tattoo. 

Report Post Tip
Not really interesting news..I am more curious if it will rain this afternoon and if my lotto tickets are winners.
Report Post Tip

Well, OldTony, take a walk away from this discussion and find somewhere more suited to your stunted intellectual needs.   

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Indeed. Why even bother to reply if it's not interesting OldTony? It just looks like you're getting a dig in for the sake of it.

Report Post Tip

OldTony, see what you just did? Countdown just agreed with me, because of you. 

Countdown, we'll resume hostilities tomorrow, but for now, this is our game of football in No Man's Land on Christmas Day.

Report Post Tip

You're the Germans. :p

Report Post Tip

It's a bilateral truce :) 

Report Post Tip

Synergy had walked into the local coffee shop shortly after DonVisicaro had. It had been a long night and had begun to be a long morning. Her drinking had begun to take ahold of her. She was stil drunk from the night before, slurring her speech while ordering the usual black coffee. With one eye open she was trying to read the newspaper while drinking her coffee without spilling it.

"I hate Wednesdays just as much as I hate Mondays" She said to herself.

Suddenly she had overheard DonVisicaro speaking about the recent retirement of Prem and his sons recent venture into Chicago under the family of Severe. This had truly caught her attention. She would have to sit and think on this one some more as it was still too early for her to think so hard. 

Report Post Tip

I believe Prem's profile quote and his subsequent quotes in his bloodlines profile pretty much paints the picture. He has said in not so many words that his previous GF has changed to the point where he no longer cares to work for him. He took a stance for what he believes in. Etc.

If you look at NY compared to what it was in NO, to me that speaks volumes. Where a city was once a fairly dominant force, it has now been weakened significantly. These things happen for a reason. Happy campers don't turn on and leave their leaders. The volume increases when a good friend has had enough and retires.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $45,000 Tip

Soprano nods while take a draft from his cigar..

I both agree on your replies right after mine of Anna and Countdown. its just like you said Anna. and like Iron mentioned there where not a lot or not at all any questions or threads about retirements in the streets. (as far as my bloodline goes or remembers)

I think threads like this are genuine and should happen on regular basis if someone of a certain status retires from his current life.

Which i'm not saying the son of the father should reply on.

Like mentioned before the profile of prem says enought though. got nothing to add on it. 

Guess it's all human curiosity

Report Post Tip

Hopefully the great man himself will say something...

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Retirement, Unnoticed?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL