Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 08:25:17
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
What Attributes are Most Valuable/Important ? Started by: _Warped on May 08, '13 20:05

I am speaking of people who have directly and intentionally lied to me Simba. They DO have the option of saying "hey, you don't really need to know that" and I will accept that. If they blatantly lie to me, that is where I draw the line.

As for saving the city, I would surely keep that in mind. I doubt I would disown them at that point though. IMy CL or GF does not have to lie to get me behind them. That is a given. All they have to do is let me know what they want and I will be doing it. They don't have to give me a rhyme or reason.

Report Post Tip

"After hearing what Warped says, Omnipotence applaud, stood up and said."

What an interesting topic you bring up here Warped.

For me I'll choose integrity simply because it defines a person as a whole.

Through my research I found out integrity falls in this definition and I absolutely agree with it.

Integrity in a person implies honesty, fairness, ethics, and moral character.

Integrity comes from the Greek words 'integritas' and 'integra' meaning whole. It enters into every aspect of one's life. It is a belief system without faltering, no matter how dangerous it is or how unpopular it is with others. It includes: sincerity, keeping one's word and agreements, honesty, truthfulness, ethics, fairness and justice.

A quote regarding integrity is 'It is better to have an enemy who keeps his word, than a friend who does not.' Integrity means maintaining your good name and character. Integrity is having values, being consistent with your values (not wavering due to outside influences, but standing strong in how one should live and believe). 

(It is ALWAYS DOING THE RIGHT THING EVEN WHEN YOU KNOW NO ONE ELSE IS LOOKING.)

Integrity refers to wholeness as a human being. It means that you have developed into a person whose thoughts, words, and actions are congruent, and therefore do not conflict with each other. In the exercise of your free will, your decisions reveal any degree of disorder in your soul. To the extent that you have brought every aspect of your self into harmony, you can be trusted to live according to your convictions. Although some contend that these convictions are completely individual and can vary widely from person to person, this would mean that even selfish or cowardly people could be said to have integrity. To the contrary, well-considered convictions tend toward those universal guiding principles that approach ultimate truth, which is both simple and complex simultaneously. 

For example, 

"Treat another person as you would want to be treated if that were you, taking into account the dignity that person has as an autonomous human being, one who has a right to determine his or her own course in life." 

Decisions can be difficult to reach for the concrete, unique, day-to-day circumstances in which we are asked to apply abstract principles  That is why exercising prudent judgment is the ultimate skill in living the good life (doing the right thing, in the right way, at the right time, for the right reason). 

Immature individuals have not integrated what life teaches, and remain focused on apparent goods instead of the true goods that the phenomenon of existence offers. They live a disordered life, not a life of integrity. 

This leads to my definition: Integrity a life in which thoughts, words, and actions are congruent and conform to ethical principles. 

Integrity has two definitive answers. 

1. Integrity as a human shows that you fulfill the requirements needed to feel happy, secure in what you do, and hold yourself in good stature. *you are a man of your word who can guide others seeking advice* 

2. In computers, integrity of information has to deal with how secure and reliable the data is on your system. This could mean that you have provided secure measures in backups, addressed security concerns, and increased the likelihood that your data will be there when you need it.

For me that completely defines what integrity is and I agree totally agree with it.

And about the rules you've mentioned about Godfather Phil_Steak yes we're abide by the rules, but it also falls if the person lack integrity.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What Attributes are Most Valuable/Important ?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL