Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 04:10:21
Page:  1 
The NY - Queens - mishaps. Started by: PewPewQueens on May 09, '13 09:07
Goodmorning all,

My relative, PewPewPickpocket, recently decided to hold a vote. A vote where people could decide which topic, or which member of our extended family, they wanted addressed next. I am proud to announce that "PewPewQueens", my good self, was the winner. You can visit HERE for more detailed results, if you're so inclined.

It seems like there was also a lot of interest for PewPewLapdog, but PewPewTaxes was a bit neglected. Taxes aren't that boring guys!!! At least, not in New York. I know for a fact Phil_Fail_Steak voted for it! Possibly he's looking to learn something? I am, after all, ever the optimist.

On the voting business, it seems I've set quite a trend here and it's a compliment to see it kicking off on such a large scale. Good work guys! There was one exceptionally poor attempt made at it, where I'm still trying to figure out if it was an attempt at irony or simply a lack of understanding that being hated by your own people isn't normal and isn't a positive thing, but the others I've seen are fucking brilliant! Although I'm not sure CoryChase agrees... he seems to be winning a certain poll that was destined to be won by Jono. I'm not sure who's more upset about that, Cory or Jono?

Also _Warped just went live with another interesting poll to see which attributes are the most important and valuable. So if you enjoyed voting in my poll. Visit the others too! They all, except for one obviously, carry the Pew Pew seal of approval. Seriously though, don't bother with the bad one. It's poor. Lack of thoughtfulness, organisation and coherent thinking once again. I would say keep on trying and you'll get there to the creator, but in this case I'd suggest "Don't throw matches if you live in a flammable house" is probably more appropriate.

I'll elaborate a bit on the "negative" poll and why I think it's so poor. People may feel it's due to a personal vendetta, but that simply isn't the case. I have issues with the facts and the way people continue to conduct themselves, not with 'people' themselves.

The poll has been presented in a way that suggests it's a "I'm a bad guy and I like it" kind of way. There's something to be said for this. If that's who you are, why would you try to be anything else? People respect and appreciate someone who has the balls, or breasticles as the case may be, to stand up for what they believe in and say or do the things they feel they must. The recent donations to the Pew Pew fund went a long way to proving this, and more donations are kindly accepted and appreciated.

However the last time Whitey, the author in question, died there was drama EVERYWHERE. Poor Whitey could not stop crying. He took it to anyone who would listen; kicking people out of coffeeshops and throwing proper tantrums. It was very unbecoming for someone in this thing of ours, but we will suffer things like that from time to time. That someone could be so mean to sweet innocent Whitey was beyond acceptance it seemed. Yet now, he is looking to win for most hated. Ironic much? Yes, but we all love the sweet taste of irony in the morning.

With all that said, I am keen to see the results. As New York continues to lose high ranking members, as people see the horrific failures of leadership that plague it for what they are, and see it's numbers fall relative to the other cities; it will be interesting to gain a clear insight into which of the two main protagonists the majority of people feel is at fault for the cities failings. Given that one of them is only in a position of power as the other chose to put him there, a position he was previously banned from holding in any family in that city due to numerous fuck ups, that shifts the responsibility squarely to one set of shoulders in my mind but it is subjective and there's really no wrong answer.

Anyways! You guys didn't vote for a speech about voting. Although.... I've been getting requests to have a vote if we should have a vote if we should vote, vote, vote. Well erm. Ok guys... here's the VOTE about voting to vote.

New York - Queens.

Queens is, in my opinion, so far the most vivacious district. A lot has happened in a short time there. When the gods let thunder come out of the sky, New York and all the other cities got split up in three districts each. Each district could have their own godfather etcetera. New York got divided by Brooklyn, Staten Island and Queens. FOR AGES nothing happened, everyone kept sitting duck in Brooklyn under the smelly wings of Phil_Fail_Steak. Many people wondered, why is nobody making a move? What is going on? It was then confirmed that Fail_Steak was waiting for the nod from Philly. When Philly made their move New York was given the nod to go too. Fail_Steak stayed in Brooklyn, alone. Alexander and ClockworkAngel moved to Staten Island and Vaticus and Vegeta left for Queens!

For a while everything was fine and dandy in the Big Apple, until one day Vegeta and Vaticus were "supposedly" found to be planning a coup on Fail_Steak. Were they? I truly don't know, though I would like to believe the rumours and trust that others had the intelligence and will to try and remove a problem from our world. What I do know is that what followed was a massacre....

OBIT: Roberto_Carlos (Consigliere) - Vaticus
OBIT: PoisonousJelly (Consigliere) - Vaticus
OBIT: Zordon (Boss) - Vegeta
OBIT: Epsilon (Wise Guy) - Vegeta
OBIT: Vaticus (Don) - Vaticus
OBIT: Vegeta (Consigliere) - Vegeta
OBIT: JamesKnowles (Capo) - None
OBIT: CASHMONEYMILLIONAIRE (Boss) - None
OBIT: Captious3 (Don) - Alexander (OOOOOOPS)

We've already covered the death of Don Captious3 but the rest have not been addressed yet. I can see why you kill those you've been found guilty of planning a coup, it makes perfect sense. I mean if they were found guilty... ofcourse. Some of the people above were RHs other were just "assumed" to be involved. Even though I spoke to a good few of these people after it had happened and non had a fucking clue. Epsilon shared his own story in the PewPewPickpocket speech just yesterday. Also, don't be fooled New York managed this "wave" on their own, they had to ask Philadelphia once again for help. Must be annoying never being able to take care of something yourself. It wasn't the last time either they went to Philly for help on a Queens matter... though more on that soon!

So, then Queens was empty. Cassi set up to take in the remaining members and that was that story really. Alexander got godfather, clockworkangel stayed as inactive as she had been for the past decade and nothing really moved anywhere.

Numbers started to decrease in New York, like the suicides Anna, LHM of Fail_Steak mentioned earlier elsewhere. Suicides and deaths that hurt the people of New York and the city as a whole, yet seemed to be irrelevant and of no concern to the highest powers in the city. People couldn't bare any more to be in New York for some reason. If you just look at the OLD situation from March the 12th you'll see that New York had 158 people. Nowadays? 130. Number wise that's maybe not a big difference to you... but look at the other cities... and compare. They're all expanding. Chicago has 4 districts now, still expanding rapidly. Meanwhile, the big apple continues to fall into oblivion due to its rotten core.

City Hall officials got word that new crime organisations were setting up in uninhabited districts. An exciting turn of events for most, as it meant more targets to shoot and more room for a city to expand and spread its wings. However one of the side effects of these new characters emerging, ones that really didn't like to play so we'll call them NPCs, was that if a district was left neglected for too long the NPC family would set up headquarters in that said district and attack the bodyguards of whomever would attack them. A potentially costly consequence, if a city was weak and unorganized.

New York was, unfortunately. too weak again to take care of their problem alone. They, once again, contacted Philadelphia, again, for help. As a city Philadelphia couldn't step in this time, however. Technical details required for people to actually leave their families in Philadelphia and join those in New York to offer assistance, so only a very small number were willing to aid the beleaguered New York. Honestly, would you join New York, even if you got a load of free kills for it?

Where Chicago again took care of business with ease, aside from a brief snafu with Whitey and Alexander which got very heated in the coffee shops, New York struggled to get the job done. They got there in the end... and we're still left with an EMPTY Queens.

So what's going to happen? Whitey has been working "hard" to gain experience in our life style and to climb up the ranks. His street presence has been notable of late, as he looks to make a name for himself. In a couple of cases, some speeches he was even the first to reply... to himself... and then again to himself? I'm not sure if this is a stutter or if the comments were simply an afterthought, though I am sure I've never seen a competent speaker do this before.

We all know that New York restricts its leaders to only those with enough bodyguards to have people saying "OMGWTF that guy/gal is insanely well protected". We all know that the families of New York bounced Whitey around from pillar to post so that he could achieve this level of protection at a reduced cost a short while ago. I'm saying this as the rumours that he was actually out spying on families and running back to his master with each and every detail gained has never been confirmed. We all also know that Whitey has been confirmed as a future auth in New York, sadly. So, is Queens being reserved for Whitey? Is there nobody else in New York worthy and ready to step up? Because I can think of atleast 129 other people I'd personally choose before considering Whitey.

I wish I could predict the future for you.... but I can't. My money is on everyone being held back currently pure for the sake of Whitey getting his own district. Must be great working your ass of in New York huh?
Report Post Tips: 11 / Total: $1,349,551 Tip

wow

wow

wow

wow

and guess what wow

I can only assume you are a bitter drinker because that is what comes across over and over and over again each time someone of your bloodline makes a post. Obsession is another word that comes to mind when thinking of you?

Did NY not give you enough attention or something?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $1,000,000 Tip

Greetings Isiah_Rhodes,

As much as I appreciate responses it quite saddens me to see a man in your position neglect the actual argument raised.
Clearly you've not been paying much attention to the previous speeches brought to the streets by my relatives. That's a shame because it would answer your question into regards of NY not giving my family enough attention or "something"....
And frankly, if you can't keep up as a LH to a respectable member of our society I'm sure as hell not going to bother with you.

But hey, glad I wow'ed your day! It's the little things in life aye?! 
*Opens the package send by "the brew of the month club" and enjoys the Springtime Stout. WOW, thats good. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

I've stayed away from the recent discussions, as frankly they've had nothing at all to do with me. But you address Philly in this, so I'm going to wade in with my size 2 shoes here and agree with Isiah.

That entire speech simply has "Cry baby" written all over it. It's a mixture of fact, conjecture and apparent hatred. None of it is either worthwhile or even interesting, let alone new? Its all old ground, its been covered before. The fact Philly stepped in to help NY isn't news worthy, you know already yourself that anyone that needs help in such matters will be able to find it.

Also you claim Chicago handled things much better with the new districts, but really there was very little difference, despite the fact that as yourself confirmed, Chicago has vastly increased in population compared with New York. Thats not a dig at Chicago, I think they handled it very well actually, but that just goes to show tht New York clearly handled it well also as despite their obvious lack of bodies compared to Chicago, they weren't far behind in cleaning out the district.

So in reality, you're entire point is wasted. You have nothing here that is actually news worthy, nothing that isn't already known and so it really is nothing more than "Please hate NY everyone" speech. Which frankly, is now tiresome. We get it, you don't like Phil Steak. We get it, you don't like Whitey. Does this mean that you need each member of your family to continue to shout and moan about them in the streets? I don't think so.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

TyrionLannister, hello! Even though Philadelphia is mentioned in my speech I don't think a lot of bad stuff was said about the city? I've no desire to aim for other cities, in fact, there would be absolutely no point to aim for Philadelphia. Philadelphia is a succesfull and well organised city. The fact alone that just now 2 members of the Philadelphia upper structure came here to address things says it all. It's funny how Fail_Steak keeps referring to "all" these people that have his back yet the NY representation has been pretty nil. 

So by the dictionary of TyrionLannister Fact + Conjecture + Hatred = Cry baby. That is quite an interesting definition. I'd prefer to call myself someone who engages facts in public and shares an opinion about it. Moaning my dear, I do not do in public... and shouting has never been my thing. 

Actually... if that's what it stands for then that makes you a cry baby. Because your reply has all three components. CRY BABY ALERT! 
However, I disagree, I don't think you're a cry baby. I think you have a different opinion than me on certain matters and are unlike Isiah_Rhodes somewhat capable to voice them. 

Report Post Tip

I am perfectly capable of voicing my opinions on matters which create an element of interest to me. I actually thought rather better of your bloodline up until I found out who was spouting off. So I now find myself rather disappointed.

The simple fact of the matter is you chose to make these speeches when you have nothing to lose in the hope that someone will make a detailed attack on you so that you can cry off to your coffee shop friends on the issue. I have an element of trust in that New York are bigger than that and view them with the disdain that they deserve.

Whilst you find it "says it all" that two high ranking members of Philly chose to come to the streets to talk yet no one from New York does bar a couple. I can but agree with you. New York are treating these as nothing but stories.

On one account I can congratulate you, you clearly have an ability to weasel information from individuals and use those snippets to string a yarn that is partially entertaining but after post after post spewing the same rhetoric it gets rather tiresome. However if that is what gets your bloodline feeling good about yourself more power to it. It is just a shame on the reflection is shows upon our world.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

The loss of Roberto_Carlos (Consigliere) is a continual pain to everyone. My younger brother James idolised the great man and whilst I was off studying Japanese Knotweed, he sent me regular missives as to the future plans for his beloved R_CAS. I hope this work continues. 

Report Post Tip

Sanctionater approaches PewPewQueens with a look of confusion and misunderstanding.

Now as I am from Philly, most of this isn't my position to address. Although I was one of those people to go to NY when that god damn crew tried take Queens. I didn't go because they "NEEDED" help, the point was just to speed up the process a little, they could have easily done the job on their own.

I went because I respect the city of NY, therefore if I can provide friendly help then I am more than happy to do so. Just don't get confused between needing help and just wanting to speed things up a little.

Report Post Tip

Noble motivation Sanctionater, I applaud you.

However, it was needed. The family that invaded Queens was eating away at the bodyguards of the New York people and the longer the "war" would last, the more damage these said bodyguards would take. Therefore... it was well needed you guys jumped in and helped out to decrease the financial damage it caused. Sure they could have killed them all eventually on their own, but the bill for that would have been huge. 

Report Post Tip

I still believe the word needed is being thrown around without its true meaning. Also it is not like half of Philly was helping NY it was a select few people, sure it aided them in the takedown... But it didn't have a major effect on it.

Also in case it wasn't noticed drawing towards the end of the queens crew (last 20 odd members) they actually purposely prolonged the process for benefits that are pretty obvious. This to me proves that it wasn't "needed" as you say and it was more just friendly assistance. Yet the view of this occasion can be seen in a different light from a more bitter view, since a obvious hatred of the Godfather of this city has been taken on by you. Therefore you are giving the account of the situation as you WISH<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)"> it had </font>occurred<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)">.</font>

So all I am doing is giving the account of the situation from the view point of a person that doesn't have these bitter feelings. Also someone that experienced the situation first hand.

Who the people believe is up to them, but I know most people will make the right choice. Maybe even you could open your mind and let what I say enter through the bitter wall of hate, then again that is a matter of personal choice. It seems any form of admitting "defeat" on a opinion of yours is never a option. Which is a shame, I tend to stay open minded about everything and if someone makes a valid point I am more than happy to take it on if facts can follow it up. 

Report Post Tip

Sanctionater, I happily adjust my opinion if I'm proven wrong, except you haven't. How much damage do 20 family members do in comparisson to the original amount? It still all comes down to math. So unless I am now putting hate into my math I'm pretty sure the numbers make sense no? A whole invading crew shooting at your or 20 odd members left.... there's a difference in that.

Also if you can recall from my original speech, I never claimed or said that a lot let alone half of Philadelphia went there. Let me quote myself for you: 

New York was, unfortunately. too weak again to take care of their problem alone. They, once again, contacted Philadelphia, again, for help. As a city Philadelphia couldn't step in this time, however. Technical details required for people to actually leave their families in Philadelphia and join those in New York to offer assistance, so only a very small number were willing to aid the beleaguered New York. Honestly, would you join New York, even if you got a load of free kills for it?

So please, if you want to change my opinion... come with something I haven't heard or said myself yet because else you're just making a fool of yourself :/ Awkward.  

Report Post Tip
Sanctionater, don't steal the limelight from her please, it isn't fair on the poor girl.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

No, again I think you will find again... You have just taken my points out of context. You talk about time being the major factor, as in they tried to speed up the time it takes so that less damage will be received...

Right, so I will say my point again. This time I will make it easier for you to understand, as we all know being bitter can hinder the thought process. Why would they slow down the killing rate at the last 20 members, if they really have been pressured for time... Or if they had been so deeply affected from when many members were still alive? Surely, if you are too slow and are taking a lot of damage the aim would be along the lines of "Damn, kill them all.. quick!" Rather than "We can still get even more benefits here, lets take advantage of that" The first one, is a time of panic, where things aren't going how they should. The second is a time of cool headed thinking and being very calm. 

Also if you want to include maths, go do the maths on the number of members in Chicago and the number of member in NY, then since it "all comes down to math" Figure out why one managed to do the take down faster? So now since its "all down to maths" it shows that organisation or anything else doesn't come into play, numbers do. This is not disrespecting Chicago, its the maths behind things.

Also you state "only a very small number were willing to aid" but at the same time you are claiming this very small number made a CITY SAVING CHANGE! Damn, we philly members must be god damn gods... There was no more than 6 of us, around 4-6 (also some joining after the Queens were down to around 30 members.) So from about 45 members to 35 there was roughly 3 of us, with 1 or 2 joining later on. So no more than 6 people, financially saved what could have been a disaster? 

What has happened here, is you are losing the grip a little. You have ran out of points to make for this speech, so you tried to twist facts to make them sound bad. Such a shame, you started off better than this. Its like slowing watching a snow flake melt. 

Report Post Tip

"Although I'm not sure CoryChase agrees... he seems to be winning a certain poll that was destined to be won by Jono. I'm not sure who's more upset about that, Cory or Jono?"

How dare you insinuate that Jono isn't the most hated person in MR! Clearly the voting system was skewed and failed because I personally cheated and pulled the Jono lever 4 times, but as of now there are only 3 votes for that particular name!

WHATWOULDWHEREWASIDO pushes the bickering people out of the way and slaps PewPewQueens.

You may not take my hatred for the scouse seriously but I won't let you doubt it publicly! This isn't over! I'm going to picket your picket lines and possibly picket your pockets!

WHATWOULDWHEREWASIDO pulls a sign out of his car that says "Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.", realizes it's the wrong one and pulls out the proper one which reads "Down with Jono PewPewQueens!"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The NY - Queens - mishaps.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL