Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 07:57:13
Page:  1 
War, Glorious War Started by: KarlPilkington on May 10, '13 09:14

Well many have seen it coming, many have wanted it to come and many have feared its arrival.

As a simple petty thief i'm not going to come out in public and disrespect anyone with the causes of war. What I want to do is show my appreciation of how its gone down. Yes many fathers have died but I hope they're kin are content that they got to have a lil action before they rested their head.

Far too often good, hard working mafioso are just waking up to a pair of cement shoes and thinking "What the fuck". However I saw last night new bloodlines enjoying their first pro-shot, they're first steps into a war room and that first feeling of "Shit is that the sun coming up? More coffee!"

I know personally I was not upset when my father died, I had accepted it hours earlier. When you've accepted your coming death you feel every Petty Crime is special, every Jail bust feels like it could be your last and suddenly all senses are hightened.

I have seen a few wars in my time and this is my favourite. I also appreciate it starting around 21:00, thats a perfect time for a war so everyone can be involved. Its also good to see the Streets are not filled with crying babies throwing toys everywhere so i hope this shows others feel like me.. or are just too tired to moan. In the exception of some street twaddle the feedback has been positive considering.

I think after complaining about stagnation for so long people would have some real cheek to complain now. I hope this positivity continues. I have seen huge amounts of funeral visits too which speaks volumes of the strong bonds formed in the past months.

I honestly hope this continues and people accept death, enjoy it, enjoy watching from under the safe umbrella marked 4h or -48 and hope everyone comes back just as strong as before and creates a new generation of excitement.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Mr Pilkington firstly sorry for the loss of you Father. Like you I lost my father but I completely agree with what you have said. My father had accepted when this war started that he was going to die. I am not bitter about his death I actually celebrated it because he died for what he believed in.

I am glad new bloodlines enjoyed the war and everything that comes with a full scale war. I know my father was in his HQ when he got told the plan and his heartbeat raced with excitement and I imagine most if not all that have been involved have felt the same way.

One thing I have found is that people will always have something to complain about so as much as it would be nice for people to not complain about what is currently happening I can't see it happening, and I hope I am wrong but the day is still young, someone will no doubt come to the streets and complain that their ancestor died. It happens every time but I would ask anyone thinking about it listen to what Mr Pilkington has said he words are wise. Yeah you will be upset but dust yourself down get upset in private and make the ancestor that brought you into this world proud by sucking it up and achieving what they didn't. 

Report Post Tip

My bloodline has been in plenty of wars and each of them would always enter it with cement shoes, not this time! We got our first taste of war! and we liked it :)

Sadly i'm just a run of the mill thug and it will take time and hard work to see the glorious war room in action.  Days, weeks, months however long i don't care! It would be worth it.

Fuck i love war

Report Post Tip

I agree, there should be no moaning, no regrets, the battle-lines were drawn and our parents played their part and died for their side. It is the least that could be expected.

War is what it is and time will tell who the victors are. But I'm sure we have all enjoyed fighting for our cause, our leaders or our city.

Report Post Tip

Tipping his hat to the fellows around him, he glides elegantly accross from a nearby speak easy.  His voice offering an upper class tone with a slight hint of empathy.

"For things to change, blood always has to be spilled.  Far too long things have stuttered along as consigs, bosses and capos retired like it was just another job to be in"

Clearing his throat

"A man should never fear death, just hope his offspring learn from their mistake or the tactics they used to live so long or die so fast."

pausing as he heared a gunshot

"The truth is with the massive funds hopefully now to emerge in the currency exchange market and the drop in number of bg's this can be an exciting time, even if now a bigger gap between top and bottom"

Report Post Tip

I agree,

My predecessor was the second member of my legacy, and there were no regrets from the actions taken. He knew as soon as he took that first shot that he crossed the point of no return, he knew death would be inevitable regardless of the possible survival in this war, and cherished everything he was able to do prior to his death. I do not cry over his death, I knew that my predecessor was friends with whom in this war would be his enemies, and ultimately his downfall. I know his death was business, strictly business, and I do not take it personally.

This war I see is a good one; though destructive, it gets rid of a lot of bad blood. Regardless of who the victor is after a conflict of this size, the only way we can possibly go is forward, to a brighter, better tomorrow.

Report Post Tip

i have seen many war and it is really painful for everyone even to my ancestors, but i must admit this war is one of the biggest history in our society, am glad to be a part and see this had come to our society so i can tell to my sons and new people that will arrive in our shore that one best war has once taken place in all the city and it will be remembered by all.

Report Post Tip

I to have been a part of many many wars.  I agree that this one is the largest we have seen in many years.  Even though the bloodshed was incredibly high, this was much needed.  In my humble opinion, our way of life had become stagnant with those at the top comfortable with positions.  Hopefully this shake up will lead to new blood guiding our cities going forward. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: War, Glorious War
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL