Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 04:10:15
Page:  1 
An Open Letter to War Mongers Started by: BangarangRufio on May 10, '13 20:40

Hello! This is an open letter to those of you participating in the massive war that washed our streets with blood and claimed my kin's life not too long ago.

I don't understand alot of things. I don't know who started this, or why. I don't know who is winning, and at some points I'm not even sure who is on which side. I can guess on alot of those things, but it doesn't matter. What does matter, what I do understand, is this was needed. I feel as though the blood soaking our soil at the moment will yield a crop of healthy, strong, and connected people ready to move into the next phase of this thing of ours. A new generation.

I want to thank each and every one of the fallen for what they've sacrificed. I want to thank them for what they've given both before and during the war. To those of you who know my small bloodline, I want to thank you for bringing me a great deal of respect and friendship and knowledge.

I want to thank the people that are responsible for this war, on both sides. Whoever you are, whatever your reasons, this is the greatest thing I or any of my kin have seen since arriving on these shores. I have learned a great deal and made a great many strong and hopefully long lasting friends as a result of the bloodshed.

I have learned a great deal about what it means to be loyal. I have learned what it means to be true to ones self. Both sides of the war have shown me the lengths people go when pushed against what they believe. When personal respect conflicts with the respect of your peers. I have seen push come to shove, and true colors galore, myself included. The war has brought out a part of my bloodline I hadn't expected.

Again, And at Last,

Thank you.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

TokyoBambi slow claps

Report Post Tip

Without the old generation being fully purged, i.e. them all dying, a huge disparity will exist between that generation and the new one. This will lead to the new generation's continual attempts to bridge the gap between themselves and their elder more experienced peers. This is the MR paradigm, it isn't anything new and it hasn't changed since protection levels increased from 10. Anita became Marietta became ThomasRourke became Deimne became TheDean became Roman became Marston became Deadlysin and so on and so forth. By someone continually outlasting their rivals, things do not change and the cycle just takes a little longer before coming back around to a point where the majority of the world unites to bring down the strongest survivor of the previous conflict, before a period of vying for top position ensues and someone else emerges as king, or they hand back the crown and the same thing occurs. 

I'm not trying to knock your enthusiasm for the freshness, just trying to provide a sense of perspective to it.

Report Post Tip

I was speaking more towards the change and evolution of the relationships both personal and interpersonal as a result of the war. I recognize the politics will not change as easily, and the gap between gods and men will widen, but overall I believe the lessons learned are worth learning.

Report Post Tip

JulianKnowles brings up a good point. A gap will always exist between those at the top and those fresh off the boats. It's how we trek through that gap that defines who we are and where we're going. If there's no gap, there's no real reason to work to surpass anyone or make a name for yourself.

That being said, reducing the number of people at the top accomplishes something very similar. While there's still a gap, you have many more individuals racing to get there, and each of them has a different idea/plan as they get there. Loyalties reset, the landscape changes, and the new leaders set the tone for how the "next generation" will be brought up. The only thing I hope for is that we don't get a silent hegemony again, where one dominant individual/crew wields tremendous influence but says/does nothing.

But hey, we'll see.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: An Open Letter to War Mongers
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL