Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 04:43:38
Page:  1 
I hate the bodyguard cap! Started by: IShippedMyPants on May 10, '13 23:57
An old man just walking out of the local market has a huge smile on his face because he couldn't believe it. He had just shipped his pants! But as old men are, he had a moment of dimentia full of illusions of grandure and started rambling on.

I hate the bodyguard cap. Not because it's too high and it takes an insane amount of kills to shoot through it. And I'm also not here to say unlimit the bodyguards either.

Those who know my bloodline of have heard some of the history of this thing of ours may have heard of a man named Sho. In Sho's tenure he amassed what is currently in the history books as the highest amount of bodyguards one single person had. Even though he was the one with the entourage he thought it was insane. At that time there were crime organizations in eight cities across the land and it took the masses from ALL SEVEN other cities ELEVEN hours to wave Sho's entourage to a manageable level to be able to sneak a bullet in that would hit him.

With that being said, at that time there was no cap. And there was mystery. Now there is a magic number; the bodyguard cap. The number is not exactly public knowledge but it is found out usually very quickly through trial. Once it's been found out that knowledge is shared and then you see multitudes of people finding their way to employing the magic number in their hoard.

But even that isn't the entire reason I hate the bodyguard cap. My problem comes when situations like we've been witnessing over the last many hours -- war. Remember that magic number? Yeah most if not all the crew leaders employ that many men in their entourage. Not only the crew leaders but their closest advisors, their hands and marksmen. And those that are in the hit squads know that. But with that comes timidness.

There may still be some mystery, whether these men are fed or starving. Fully trained or fresh out of the academy. But people are scared. They know that magic number and they know that they don't have the marksmanship to plant a bullet between the eyes of a person surrounded by the magic number of fully skilled guards. So they sit, and they hide. I remember reading the journals of my ancestors where the men and women in his hit squad would go balls to the wall. Take a shot at someone and hope their heart didn't beat when they pulled the trigger so that the bullet would hit. Because they didn't know whether it was an entourage of 101 or 999.

The problem we face now is that because there is a magic number all the leaders, their hands, and their marksmen will employ exactly that many men to their hoard. And while we don't know if they are fed of hungry, fully skilled or a doofus paid to follow you around; we know you have that number. And we sit, and we hide, and we let five people fight the battle for the hundreds. Instead of the hundreds fighting the battle for the five.

Senile as the old man was he rounds the corner bumping into a young couple out for a late afternoon stroll and happily tells them
I JUST SHIPPED MY PANTS!
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Many of those dead had that magic number around them, though?

I fail to see what your point is here.

Report Post Tip

I believe he is suggesting that some of the suspense and excitement are now missing.  Whereas before there was a guess as to the max Bgs you "thought" that person had....now it is more like eh...I know I cannot hit...or yes I finally reached X amount of kills....No real suspense or shock value.

I believe that is what he was trying say?

Report Post Tip

I get it, but the fact that many have died on both sides that are capped it shows that the guns around are capable of hitting the cap, so the cap itself can't be the issue?

Report Post Tip

I think just knowing the cap is the biggest issue.

Report Post Tip

It is indeed Ghandi. The issue is that there is too much known. Because you KNOW that target has an entourage filled to capacity, and you KNOW the relative status of you're own marksmanship wouldn't be able to place a bullet though the crowd and in to your target's head, you don't even try. In the days of yore when things were unknown there was in my opinion more people attempting shots. Not just sitting in the wings hiding behind a veil of protection.

Report Post Tip
You think the problem is knowing the magic number and not the ridiculous number itself?
Report Post Tip

Personally I do not believe the number is outrageous/ridiculous.  Anyone who has accumulated that many BGs deserves to be protected from people who only put a half ass effort into training.  I believe it should and always will be the elite killing the elite.  Like in life the amount of effort you put in on any given goal determines the outcome.

Report Post Tip

It is indeed Ghandi. The issue is that there is too much known. Because you KNOW that target has an entourage filled to capacity, and you KNOW the relative status of you're own marksmanship wouldn't be able to place a bullet though the crowd and in to your target's head, you don't even try. In the days of yore when things were unknown there was in my opinion more people attempting shots. Not just sitting in the wings hiding behind a veil of protection.

Except for the fact that BGs aren't necessary trained to capacity? There were a lot of "fake" IWPs to throw off a person who thinks like you. The "mystery" is whether or not the guy has trained his bodyguards, and that's something that will never be KNOWN.

Personally I do not believe the number is outrageous/ridiculous.  Anyone who has accumulated that many BGs deserves to be protected from people who only put a half ass effort into training.  I believe it should and always will be the elite killing the elite.  Like in life the amount of effort you put in on any given goal determines the outcome.

I disagree. I'm probably in the minority here, but I think the protection one has shouldn't be based on their bodyguard count. It should be based on who they are, what they contribute, who their friends are, and how they work the political aspect of our world. You keep yourself alive by fostering friendships with some people and eliminating threats. (OOC: If you simply donate and stack yourself or your crew up to IWP, that doesn't take any skill and there's no reason to consider that person "elite" simply because they have a big bank.)

Why not reduce the scale? Instead of having enough bodyguards to prevent anyone without 3 months of solid training to take a shot at you, reduce it to 1 month? The fact is, eventually someone will have the capacity to kill you. Why not just make that capacity smaller, so there isn't so much time invested to get there? 

Report Post Tip

PISS! Awwwhhh shiiiiittt!

BOB SAGGET!

Report Post Tip

I've never understood why the 'goal' is set so many months away. Doesn't make any sense to me. 

Report Post Tip

Here's an insane idea, shoot the bg's first...

Report Post Tip

Outkast you bumbling idiot read the thread?

Report Post Tip

The Reason is quite simple, the gods require it to keep this world running. Without us spending money to maintain all those bgs and donating to the gods, they would not be able to keep up the ability to run this world.

Report Post Tip

Ghandi, they were stating that the war is going to drag on because of the cap amount..shoot the bg's, alleviate the problem. and I'm the idiot?

Report Post Tip

Outkast  I wish I had the patience to deal with you right now I just dont. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: I hate the bodyguard cap!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL