Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 04:10:15
Page:  1 
The Matrix of Dishonour Started by: LieutenantWorf on May 11, '13 22:23

LieutenantWorf walks up onto a podium surrounded with torches. He takes a seat on a throne thats located in the middle of the podium and starts adressing the crowd.

My family lineage has somehow evolved. My father passed on some Klingon genes my way and now I'm half rainbow and half Klingon. I now report that in my eyes there is a warrior who has lost his honour and has caused himself to be shunned by most of the people here and I have no doubt he will not last 5 minutes in the real world.

ThomasAnderson, your great grandfather, Magneto, was once a part of Saint Louis where a man by name of Hound had placed his stamp as Godfather he had placed several of his bodyguards around you which left you very well protected and you appreciated that very much. Then when a war came upon Hound which he wasn't going to win, Magneto tucked his tail between his legs and fled for the next city he could find which would take him in and he did not attend any funerals of his fallen comrades.

When my father VinceNoir remembered the storys left to him by his great grandfather he was very weary about ThomasAnderson knowing what his fathers had been known for, Ferengi Swines, but my father came around to like ThomasAnderson and thought maybe his past were just a couple of errors, just like my family line has had but that doesn't seem to be the case.

When I was VinceNoir and this kicked off he immediatly wanted to join with Chicago and the rest of the bunch who followed them but the Godfathers who had authed him had chosen a side and he remained loyal to the choices they made, loyalty and honour are something that I will always stick with and dieing in the face of dishonour is a bad death indeed.

Let me tell you more about the realtionship between VinceNoir and ThomasAnderson and the reasons why he never got authed. First off he was impatient, secondly he had to have everyone else make his decisions and third any decisions he did make were the wrong decisions just like this one on topic. When there was a rogue? What did Thomas do? He waited to ask someone if he should send a massmail about it. When Vince was RHM to Rayden, one of Raydens members came to Thomas asking to die because he wanted different answer sets only to come back with one worse than what he already had. VinceNoir was angry with ThomasAnderson about that one. Vince always gave Thomas the benifit of the doubt but he knew Thomas wouldn't make a good crewleader he was barely able to handle being a RHM. In everyones eyes he was the perfect LHM, he had some capabilites like recruiting and talking to people but it stops right around there somewhere.

I just wanted to make that crystal clear to everyone so that if by some reason he surivives this war and is kept alive, to think about your choices when your picking your family cause Thomas aint got a clue and his dishonour stretches miles wide.

So to ThomasAnderson from me you recieve the worst penalty there is in Klingon beliefs a Ceremonial Discommendation.

LieutenantWorf crosses his arms together and turns his back on ThomasAnderson, while five klingons alongside him follow suit.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Nobody cares about what someone's great grandfather did. 

If someone is widely deemed as an incompetent RHM and incapable of being a Don, why are they believed to be the perfect LHM? Either you have no comprehension of what a capable LHM is or you don't understand the position in the slightest.

Report Post Tip

When someone says something to me that I don't understand I usually like it when they explain what it is that I don't understand? lol

Report Post Tip

Really? I would think that if ones ancestors repeatedly betrays their cities that it would be kinda dumb NOT to care. 

Of course, I was just a peon who got to pro once before dying. Although I'm very glad that i got to help my family in such a small way, I fully admit I knew very little about reasons for war let alone betrayals. That statement was just bugging me and I couldn't resist the urge to say something... 

Report Post Tip
My apologies, all. I meant to quote Mr. English but somehow I temporarily lost the ability to speak. I blame it on never really doing that sort of thing publicly before.
Report Post Tip

Are you the same as your great grandfather? Do you even know what your great grandfather was like? Why would I care about something that happened like a hundred years ago?

(The point is, this is a Mafia RPG. Realistically, who the fuck knows what their great grandfather was really like and more pertinently, who is truly influenced by them to the point it is relevant? Less than 1% of the population I would imagine.)

Report Post Tip
English, its because the majority of the people here can't separate themselves from their coffee shop identiies. Their mafia personas are basically cartoon representations of who they are on Divine Lunacy. Everyone here is viewed as a "bloodline" rather than an individual. Some people are guilty of perpetuating this more than others, but its all over the streets, moreso now and recently than I remember it being in a long time. But I suppose that because people are discussing one another's bloodlines frequently and in abundance it gives the illusion that the streets are full of life.
Report Post Tip

Yes, you very well could be like your parents or grand parents. Considering part of who you turn out to be is influenced by how you're raised, it doesn't seem that inconceivable to me that certain undesirable character traits might be passed down from one generation to the next. Furthermore, while you may not REALLY know how your grand father behaved there's always your family's reputation. Seems to me if my family(I mean by blood and not a Mafia family, of course) was known throughout the ages to have certain traits, other people might know(and it would still maintain the "realism" people seem to aspire to around here) that the Crichton family is generally no good. Although I'm really hoping for a different reputation with my blood line or whatever.

Report Post Tip

Ooh kay..

*Looks down at a notepad*

I listened to what was said, I also had someone transcribe it for me, so I could go over it again. I did, then I tried reading it a third time and a fourth and you know what.. I still don't get it.

Magneto tucked his tail between his legs and fled for the next city he could find which would take him in and he did not attend any funerals of his fallen comrades.

Ok, I'm following so far, this makes sense. Bad juju.

but my father came around to like ThomasAnderson and thought maybe his past were just a couple of errors, just like my family line has had but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Ok, I think I've got this, despite what your family had seen/heard/whatever your dad thought this Anderson chap wasn't so bad...

When I was VinceNoir and this kicked off he immediatly wanted to join with Chicago and the rest of the bunch who followed them but the Godfathers who had authed him had chosen a side and he remained loyal to the choices they made

I think what is being said here is when your father, Vince, heard the war had started, he wanted to join Chicago, but stayed and followed orders given by his GFs? So we know your line's all super loyal an' stuff...

one of Raydens members came to Thomas asking to die because he wanted different answer sets only to come back with one worse than what he already had. VinceNoir was angry with ThomasAnderson about that one

It's about here that I completely lose track of what's supposed to be going on... I have no idea what this 'dying and coming back with answers' business is, something that OOCitis sufferers do?  Er, I dunno, are you saying that someone in the family was looking for tips on improving their skill set and Anderson gave out incorrect information, or bad advice?

And finally...

Vince always gave Thomas the benifit of the doubt

Thomas aint got a clue and his dishonour stretches miles wide.

This is the really confusing bit, for me.. I can't see how we go from 'my family grew to like him and give him the benefit of the doubt' to 'his dishonour stretches miles wide'.

I think you may have left something out. It can't be something that you believe is common knowledge, otherwise why come out and here and share this, at all? Sooo, I guess I'm asking what happened between benefit of the doubt and now, that means you believe the dishonour to be miles wide?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Matrix of Dishonour
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL