Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 06:44:23
Page:  1 
How have we done? Started by: ChaosSpike on May 18, '13 00:51

As I walked outside my headquarters in the windy city , I reached deep within my front pocket. Shuffling around a bit until I located a cigar. Gently raising it to my lips I sparked my lighter and lit it yet so calmly. As I let the smoke illuminate from my mouth I looked around.War was over, the dust had settled. The winds still blew strong in Chicago..That would never change. The business district slowly was beginning to see life and the economy was still in shambles but making a recovery. We had just witnessed one of the greatest wars ever.Maybe great 
is not the proper word because is war ever really great?Still I gaze around. Noticing down the street , innocent Civilians trying to plead their case to mob bosses to let them in, for shelter and a job a chance in the life of crime. Some were successful and granted entry. Some not so lucky.Some houses were full and some a bit to picky. I sighed then wondered how were we doing. Puffing from my cigar frantically I walked to the center of the street. Some people may recognize me some may not either way I wanted to propose a question.With long strides I walked forward and a few people noticed me approaching the busy section of Chicago. I waved off a few of my trusted body guards and whistled.

"May I have all of your attention people , friends ,family fellow mafioso and who ever you may be WebSpider. Today I want to propose a question.A little poll something that maybe can help everyone.How are we doing?"

I then coughed and took a quick drag and thought damn kinda broad of a question...

"Let me rephrase that...The rebuilding process do you think we are doing enough? I see many have found shelter and we are putting forth as much as we can, but sometimes what we think may be enough or a lot may not be in others eyes.I just wanted to see what the general consensus out there is.The war was tragic yes, but what's done is done. We are here today and we still have life , 
we still have honor and integrity and most of all we have dreams and plans. Is there anything else we could be doing something we are not? And are the houses out there doing enough? Or are they being too selective. Which is fine and is their choice of course. I am not here to judge anyone. I my self maybe have been to picky at some point . But I can't help but feel sadness when a lonely man, or women comes to my door and asks if I have room for them to lay their head and yet I do not. I have to turn them away out back in the cold.Could I tell them say , hey I am under his protection until I am safe? Well there is the protection act in place. But that is not saving everyone either. And of course you can't save everyone sadly which is a very unfortunate reality. And the other reality is you can't have everyone either.I don't want this to turn into a , this family was terrible and are no good kind of discussion... Let's have some constructive criticism
 if we can do so and keep it civil."

"All that aside let me congratulate every last person who stepped up to house people in this time of need. You may not think of it as much but you literally are saving lives."

"So I ask once again how have our houses done in this troubled time?"

"It has been a while since I have made a street presence so I hope it is adequate enough as we have many great speakers in this era.Thank you all for your time."

I take one final drag from my cigar and walk to a sleeping thug on a bench.I slip him a bundle of money and walk away.  

Report Post Tip

By the looks of it, things are starting to fall back in place in this world, the homeless is finding shelter, the poor is getting richer, some mafiaoso's are just climbing up in the ranks, and things should just get better and defenitly more interesting, as people reach made man rank and new familys want to set up and guns get bigger, we will see how things go, if everybody plays there part let the homeless find shelter and keep up the activity in the streets, there might be a right future ahead of us.

the mobster finish's his speech and steps down and walks over to his bullet proof limo and smokes a cigar while watching the next mobster speak before driving off back to his head quaters

Report Post Tip

First of all, let me say R.I.P. to a fallen. Many fought hard and long, some not so much.. Though I think that is a topic of discussion for another time.

As with Mr. UnHappyMeal187 I think things are starting to fall into place. Soon there will be many made guys walking the street. This thing of ours is now rich with opportunity, for those who choose to seize it of course.

The only thing that could be done during the after math of such a devastating war, was done. I for one commend everyone who had a part in setting up temporary auths. I think that was easily the best course of action. Who knows what great mobsters will come from this.

Alucard tips his hat to the crowd of people and gins. Just then a gunshot is heard from behind the gathered spectators. Everyone at once turn around, only to find nothing. As the turn back the dark speaker was gone.

Report Post Tip

I have found great comfort in Subtle's crew and admire the effort put forth to house new women and men to our shores. Amazing job done during terrible circumstances. My mother would have been proud. Hats off to all those who are helping this process and a drink for the fallen.

</3 

Report Post Tip
Hey man, keep up the good work bro!
Report Post Tip

The Jesus approches with a few angels at his side.  Puffing on his cigarette, he clears his throat to speak

Personally, i feel pretty good about the way things have been handled.  Housing was set up in a reasonable timespan and I, for one, had no issue finding a home and it seems that Chicago seems to be buzzing.  

However, there has been some post war bloodshed by some trigger happy folk.  I feel as though leadership has done a good job of trying to collect the information that led to those deaths.

I think that some people may have high expectations of order after a war.  With a war of this magnatude, one that wiped out most of the population, it takes a lot of time for the remaining families to put together a survival plan that helps the syndicates across the country find a bit of stability.

All in all....

Golf claps

That is all

The Jesus takes a breath and turns another glass of water into wine and tosses out his cigarette.  

Report Post Tip
Mikala walked down the street and thought about how much fun it was to throw grenades at a drug house in Queens a few days earlier. The junkies never knew what hit them. As memories of their horrific screams filled her head Mikala smiled and stopped to listen to a speech.

It looks like the main issue of the rebuilding process, giving people homes was handled quick. Although some of the new leaders only set up to give homes I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the opportunity to lead and influence members. I'm always curious who the next big thing is. It could be one of the current leaders or someone they inspire by how they handle business or with a few simple lessons about how things work. For me there is no bigger compliment than hearing one of my ancestors influenced someone, especially the first relative of Fatality's in the mafia, who my ancestors taught the fine art of pick pocketing. Mikala winked and sat down on a bus stop bench to listen to others.
Report Post Tip

The rebuilding process, in my opinion does not only involve the instantaneous housing of the new mobsters who swarm our shores instantly after their parents died. It stretches beyond that. It involves reestablishment of a Mob presence in  every city in this world of ours. It involves the reestablishment of the rules that differentiate us, La Cosa Nostra from every two bit gang trying to make a living. It involves auths not only based on necessity but also based on a desire to grow. It also does not only involve the people in power. If the majority of this community was to decide to not honor the rules and regulations imposed by those in power, then every step forward would be accompanied by three steps in the reverse direction.

Therefore, I believe that it is too early in the rebuilding process for one to make comments on whether it has flourished or not. However, up until now, I think that the process has been handled smoothly and very professionally. Kudos to both the people at the top and the general community for that. It seems to me that, at least for now, most bloodlines have acted in a most professional way and that is very heartwarming to see.

Report Post Tip
I couldn't agree more, Vladimir. There is more to this rebuilding our the cities than may first meet the eye.

Generally speaking though, I'm pleased with what I'm seeing so far. The current crop of leaders obviously understand that there needs to be adequate housing in place in order to give the young population their chance to develop. I'm told the previous regime struggled to allow power to flow away from their doorsteps after large wars, desperate to keep their own numbers as high as possible but somewhat harming growth.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing how all this pans out in the long run. I think the future looks bright.
Report Post Tip

Bluntman steps out from the cloud of smoke that always surrounds him, saying

We are in the right direction, but as been said it's too early to tell, all we can do is live and let time tell us.

But with the new Auths and first time Auths we can see what mobsters can do 

Report Post Tip

I will have to agree with those that have spoke before me so far across the nation we have done a good job in making sure we can house everyone coming to the shores. The Godfather has implemented a protection order designed to protect those that are struggle to find a home whether it would be a new generation or members that survived the war but their leaders didn't. In that respect I don't think anymore can be done.

The rebuilding cannot be judged over a week, it needs to be done over months to get our economy back on track, it won't be easy as we seem to have people running around aiming their gun at anyone they can see. It is to be expected as our bloodlines have seen after most major wars. We are trying out best to find all the suspects but it takes everyone in this thing of ours to be vigilant and report anything that we witness.

So in a few months we should revisit this topic and find out how exactly the rebuild is going to see if we can make it a better place for you and for me and the entire mafia race.

Report Post Tip

I have to agree with everyone here.Many have made good points and one of the best is only time will tell. It seems what could be done with the cards left to deal were done and are doing well. But the essence of time will be the real judge in the future. Cheers to what ever that has in store for us!

Report Post Tip
I'm curious to see what happens in the future (well, isn't everyone?). For example, the vast majority of us are all celebrating the same birthday within a day or two. We will grow up together, rank together, and I assume many of us will all progress relatively equally. Will we have a future of all Dons? Will there be enough rebirth and regeneration to have plenty of soup for all the cooks?

And I also have a cautionary concern . . . where will the next war come from? I have a theory that it was come from three or four people arguing over the Presidency of my Fan Club. Or is that a fantasy?
Report Post Tip

Another thing I noticed, how everybody came together today to comment on something that effects our world, thats good that means people want change and atleast there voicing there opinon to get it. good job guys

the mobster steps back and listen's to the next guy speak

Report Post Tip

I realize i have come into this discussion somewhat late, but still here are my opinions, and i agree with all of the positive comments made before me.

BrickTop steps up to ChaosSpike to talk to him

"The rebuilding progress we are going through was never going to be easy, it was never going to be ideal, and if you expected any more than what has been provided, its a out time you pulled your head out of the clouds. The Godfather has done a great job at providing homes for everyone, despite their fathers or mothers, everyone has been welcomed into a safe home across the various cities. CL's have invited strangers temporarily into their homes, just in an attempt to keep them safe form the selfless people out there trying to cause havoc. I have to applaud every crew leader in their efforts to help during these tough times."

BrickTop himself pulls out a cigar and asks ChaosSpike for a light.

"I suppose we will see in a months time how this all went, if we are still having random rogue shots, see if families break apart or see if we all unite together in this new world to create somewhere we can all call home, for now anyway."

Puffing on his cigar BrickTop waits for the next mobsters opinion, perhaps someone has had a bad experience with the rebuilding progress.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: How have we done?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL