Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 22:06:41
Page:  1 
The Rebirth of the Roleplay Started by: Philli_stein on May 21, '13 05:19
Hello friends. Philli_stein here.

Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but I’ve been seeing a lot of people say that some actions should be taken to rebuild the notion of "proper role-play" around the streets and business districts. More than one person has even said they're trying to do something about it in their own small way, and I am a huge fan of that. 

HOWEVER. I have come to the conclusion that small efforts only go so far. You need cooperation from the masses, from the oldest Godfathers, to the longest bloodlines, to the brand new Thugs walking these mean streets for purse change.

SO, I would like to call everyone out, right here, right now, and going forward. Join me in a large scale, full on reboot of the concept of the Role-play.

Ready? Here’s how I plan to go about this. 
-First, I'm now looking for anyone who has any Role-play experience at all, and who is willing to help run Small Role-plays, and teach people what it's all about.
-Second, I want to see the term RP go away. While I have nothing against abbreviations, I think that we need to be very clear what we are looking for. So, for me, it's Role-play.
-Third, I want to see families taking an active role (no pun intended) in Role-play instruction. I've been in families whose HQ bars were exactly that. A place where everyone was in character, where actions and words were in the era that we play this game in, not in the era we live in. That was one of the greatest institutions of the Headquarters, and I’d like to hear that it's making a serious return.
-Forth and finally, I am looking for play eras of all Roleplaying ability. I will be hosting private Role-plays run out of my back alley, at a limit of 6 people per Role-play. These will be places where newer players can learn the ins and outs of Roleplaying, and where more experienced Role-players can keep their hand in. Each Role-play thread I run will have a corresponding out of character thread in which the players can discuss their performance in the Role-play, and can make suggestions on how to improve each other’s skills.

Ok, I've laid it all out for you, and I'm ready to get some Roleplaying rolling. Who’s with me?
Report Post Tip
balls. i'll also be teaching you how not to double post :)
Report Post Tip
One more thing.
If you are interested in being a Role-play mentor, please send my a mobmail. If you want to participate in one of my training Roleplay sessions, you can either post here or mobmail me.
Report Post Tip

I've wrote for a long time, but role playing MR has never been something I've gotten comfortable with. I'm a pretty self conscious fellow, so if you could include me on the practices I'd love to be a part of this.

Report Post Tip
I've got a question. What's wrong with RP?
Report Post Tip
Nello, Allow me to quote to you the words of Artorem
<blockquote cite=" cite for the quote"> Sometimes I think people use the phrase "RP" and don't even know what it stands for. "Role Play". PLAY. Not Role Type, not Role Talk, not Role Speech. Role Play.</blockquote>

I feel he is correct. So, I would rather not use the abbreviation when it subtracts from the clarity of the concept.
Report Post Tip

Eh, what they do here I don't consider to be 'Role Play'. But my Role Playing days were with dice, and those days are a bit far removed from 2013. I'd like to sit in and see what the consensus definition of RP is ;D

Report Post Tip

One of your biggest issues is the constant OOC in streets. Particularly when people feel the need (OOC: I'm a dumbass who can't explain what I mean so have to do it here!)

Report Post Tip
Very true mr 8:30. And that is something that i'd say can really only be fixed by careful work
Report Post Tip
Roleplay doesn't need to be limited to the streets forum. I just recently kicked Xitlali's ass in a rolepley wrestling match in crew chat.
Report Post Tip

That is completely ridiculous.  I would never get involved in wrestling role play.  My boyfriend watched wrestling once at my house.. I was embarrassed for him.  I am pretty sure I would rather have him cheat on me than have him go online and role play a wrestling match

Report Post Tip

Xitlali is telling lies I was in crew chat she was suplexed on two occasions with not much of a comeback apart from some rubbish about superior intellect. 

I would like to help out with this if time allows me to.

Report Post Tip
I'm down for the cause, yo. (Have two business up already, nudge nudge).
Report Post Tip

I'd like to be included in these classes aswell, role-play always seemed very interesting. I'd like to give it a shot! 

Report Post Tip

Ok folks. I'm going to set up the first of my practice/teaching roleplays. If you are still interested, drop me a PM, and i will add you to the thread sometime tomorrow. I'll be setting it up tonight.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: The Rebirth of the Roleplay
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL