Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 23:56:45
Page:  1 
Stimulating the economy Started by: Penquin on May 21, '13 15:24

Times like these are a challenge. There's no longer an economy present to just support and carry you. No, it's time again to work your ass of and make yourself. And it doesn't stop there, most families need money like crazy right now for fortifications, bodyguards and headquarters. LoanShark showed up on our shores roughly a week ago offering his services and whilst his officer is a good one for those in desperate need it is also a costly one.

The last week I've been busy! Busy like crazy, my families inheritage was completely lost in the war. Meaning that when I came to this world I pretty much had all but a blanket and some biscuits. Not much to get by with. However, quite a pleasant challenge. It ment it is time to get innovative, it's time to come up with ways to make money we previously didn't care much about or given much thought. 
Today I like to give you guys some tips on how I've been making money to support myself and those I hold in high regards. Maybe you already know of all these ways and maybe you know even more tips and tricks, if you do by all means share. Like a wise woman always said; sharing is caring.

1) Micro drug deals.
Always been an interesting way to make money, especially now. Micro drug deals pretty much involve flying every 5 minutes to a different district within the city you're currently active in. Each flight can gain you a significant amount of money. For example, in Suburbs Chicago cocaine is 8500 and the FBN Agent tips you that the avarage around the city of cocaine is 8700 is means that in one of the other districts or more than one the cocaine is higher than 8700 because else you won't be able to avarage out to 8700. With me so far? Dutch math and all. Anyways, fly to the loop and boom cocaine is there 9200! Success! You just made a profit of 700 USD per unit. In 5 minutes time! Depending on how many units you carry.... that is good money.

2) Completing achievements.
Whilst you're working on your micro deals it's the ideal time to track those achievements. The microdeals are obviously great for completing the drugs ones but since you're active already, keep an eye out for the jails and stuff! Completing achievements earns you two important things A: Money and B: Experience. And guess what friends, experience ensures you to make more money on your drug runs since you'll be able to carry more units! Win-win.

3) Corrupt Agents
Hire a corrup agent! Even better hire two! Though the price seems steep at the moment, it is seriously your best investment! With the current credit market price value a CA costs you around 2,5 million. This CA will work for you for 30 days and if you plan your sales right he will earn you around 9 million. Thats a profit of 6,5 millon right there. If you have two it's a profit of 13 million, in 30 days! Thats like $433,333 per day in your pocket. Do make sure to make an appearance everyday though if you chose this option. Apparently these CA's get lazy quickly if you don't show up one day... 

4) Drug front property
Get a DFP as soon as possible. It's a proper investment, not as big as the CA's but we're in times were every penny counts! Be smart with upgrading it though, upgrading it to every drug rise or unit rise will actually cost your money. Also for example if you reside in Detroit it's really not smart to have a grain alcohol DFP because... booooze is cheap in DT. You would be better of keeping it at Amphetamins that will actually hit to 1k sales. 

5) Graverobbing
There are graves that have a maximum of 15,000 USD in them! These graves are getting more rare and rare but they are still out there. Every hour you can be looting one of these graves. Can't find one of the big ones? Or don't have the skills yet to get your hands into those high value graves? Settle for the durdens! By my experience they only hold $500,- each one of them but eh... it's 500 more than 0. Start with these to build up your skills! Also remember once you become a Made Man it will be impossible to do this. Graverobbing is considered below your rank. 

6) Pickpocketing
Personally not a big fan of this cause it will mostly swift money in our economy rather than inject money into it and also if you pickpocket the wrong person it can cause headaches, mugs and what not. But I am not here to judge, I'm here to inform. With the exception of CA's and Durdens I do not recommend it as an economy accelerator but fair is fair. It does gain you money.

You have more ideas how to stimulate our economy? Feel free to share them! I welcome any suggestions! Have a good day all!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

'Miss Penquin, another way to get some money into the economy is to have those people who uh.. Witness terrible events, well there is a man who will buy them a 5,000$ a pop, its not terribly much, but imagine you save a couple up and then sell, hell I just made 55,000 with my statements!'

'I also loved this, its really what everyone needed right now, thank you you little motivational penquin, you.'

Arrow smiles and pets the penquin

Report Post Tip

Heh that is a great suggestion! There's a lot of intel out right now that some people pay good money for! Definitely a good suggestion Arrow!

I will go speak to this guy right now and make myself some money! I thank you kind sir. 

Report Post Tip
That shady LoanShark character I saw out here peddling his wares is paying dividends. A wise investment for anyone looking to make some money. You really can't lose there, no matter how much or how little capital you have available to invest
Report Post Tip
Aaaaand I see that has already been brought up already, so, um....

Sexecutioner back-peddles into a nearby alley to lurk and prey

Report Post Tip

Well, it was brought up in a way that you can borrow from him. What I did forget to mention is that you can also loan him money and he'll return with interest so it's very good you bring this up actually.

To quote LoanShark  Gain a 35% weekly return off of your investment.  Any incoming transfer will be refunded, plus an additional 35%, 1 week after it is received. 

So yeah guys, if you can miss a few bucks for a week. At the moment LoanShark is your guy. I am not sure when he will make his exit though. 

Report Post Tip

Another method, comrades, is to gain the trust of your Comrade Generals who lead your respective crews! By gaining the experience by practicing schlub conning and conducting drug runs, and the trust through actions only a comrade could accomplish, you may just get your Made button! This will allow you to conduct organized crimes with your fellow comrades!

One crime you can organize at Made with your fellow comrades is to steal from an art gallery! You see, there are those greedy companies who like to flaunt the art made by others. It is our duty as comrades to liberate these pieces of art from their fluorescent lighted prisons and give them to supporters of our cause, supporters willing to contribute up to $132,000 total for our success. This activity can be orchestrated by the mastermind comrade once every eight hours, but there is no limit for comrades to accept participation in a crime being orchestrated by a different mastermind comrade!

Enjoy the new-found knowledge, comrade! Promotions lead to more money, money leads to more improvement, and improvement leads to more comrades, and more comrades leads to more promotions!

Report Post Tip

That is very very true comrade Rothschild! A Made Man gets a lot more done in this world. Not just the organized crime possibilities are a bonus but also the fact that you can produce more valuable drugs in your Drug Front Property and also boost banks opposed to just being able to corner contractors! 

Also I believe as a Made Man with sponsor abilities if you get an associate you get a percentage of their earnings!

Report Post Tip

As evidence of Comrade LoanSharks authenticity, if to the normal comrade's eye his backing by Comrade Squishy is not enough, I have just received payment from Comrade LoanShark.

Rothschild LoanShark $1,000,000 05/14 15:55
Rothschild LoanShark $500,000

05/14 09:33

May 21, 21:26:54 Your accountant has received payment of $2,025,000 from LoanShark.

By Dutch math, [$1,000,000 + $500,000] x 1.35 = $2,025,000

Report Post Tip

Now is the time to send that money back to LoanShark once again and cash in again at a later stage. Profit Profit Profit!

Dutch Math does not lie after all. Ever.

Excellent job Comrade Rothschild!

Report Post Tip

Sometimes I run into these blinking cross things that transport me to another puzzle world that makes it rain in this one.

Report Post Tip

As soon as the word stimulate was mentioned, Aengus' mind started whirring at the thought of the unmentionable things he's rather like to do to penquin in order to... STOP! These fuckers some how know what you're thinking...

I must say, Penquin, this is an excellent speech and one I feel people should pay a great deal of attention to as it will prove vital to bringing about economic recovery and making everybody happy again over the coming weeks and months! I am thankful that we have excellent brains such as your own that saves mine from concocting mind boggling ideas like this one.

Report Post Tip

A little update friends!

The marketplace seems to be "restoring". This means that the longer you wait getting a CA or two the more expensive it most likely is going to get!

Also a lot of you have reached the honorable rank of Made Man or higher! This means your Drug Front Properties can now produce Barbiturates or Heroin! In most cases it's very profitable to upgrade your Drug Front Property at this time because these drugs sell respectively a lot higher than Morphine or worse.... 

Also word has reached me LoanShark is currently no longer accepting loans. So that venue most likely seemed to have dried up.

With all these new Made Man around you might want to consider holding off on the felony crimes.... If you don't do felony crimes, especially in your home city chances are that a Made Man will invite you to participate in his organized crime. In general these organized crimes earn you more than a lazy felony does.

Last but not least, when the market place restores we all know money stuffs is picking up... now might be the time to hold a nice speech! I've been tipped for this one! And it's great money plus it feels good to be appreciate.

And then, I've been told by a fortune teller that if you tip Pocket you will be blessed by angels and fortune will be on your way.... or maybe you die an instant death. It was one of the two.... dare to find out? 

Report Post Tip

Pocket likes donations..

Pocket likes money...

Pocket was made for money.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I must say this is great stuff for new aspiring people entering our shores. They can walk the streets wondering hey how can I make a few extra bucks and make a living here. Then here you are to answer those questions. In hard times after wars the economy gets shattered sadly. But it always rebounds and you are right we have to make the most of it and strive to boost the economy. Only spending and making money will restore it! Greasing a Agent to work for you when the stock markets are so low is a perfect and prime time. They are stiff quite profitable now. But as you just recently said the market is finally on the uprise! New family housing has sprung up all over and then demand for everything has sky rocketed. Things are certainly falling back into place. I must say kudos to you for doing this Penquin!

Report Post Tip

A lot of great tips and tricks of the trade here

Takes out a small piece of paper and writes down some notes before folding the paper back up and placing it inside his pocket

We are all lucky to have this information written out so clearly, and I think it will bring in a new era of educated mobsters who have the earning potential to get rich! Of course gambling is my main source of income.. so I need to take these tips, as I do not often do so good gambling lol

Report Post Tip

great article buddy alot good tips

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Stimulating the economy
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL