Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 01:24:08
Page:  1 
Drunks, Skunks and Italian Punks Started by: Ignite on May 27, '13 18:38

I'd like to take this time out to publically ask a question to my fellow mobsters.

When I first stepped off the boat and stood gazing at the city before me, I was blown over with awe. I never thought business had a physical manifestation until I saw the bright lights and bustling sounds of a city run by the mob. People running here and there, everybody so driven. It was unnerving, fast paced and it made me sick to the stomach for a moment. Then I felt at home.

True to say, I was scared. I didn't think I could adapt to this kind of life. But it does have an attractive quality that grows on you, doesn't it?

I remember so vividly the noises, smell, people and sights that overwhelmed me when I first came to the city as a punk. So I ask you this, if you would grace me with your thoughts. I want you to share with me your stories of those first few seconds when your feet touched the concrete. Those seconds that felt like eternity, where everything lay before you clear as day.

What was your first impression when you stepped off that boat and into this thriving life we lead?

Report Post Tip

I felt irritated more than anything. The plan had for Pop to retire in a few months and for me to take his place in the Family. However, the entire war thing happened and I was out of town when my father got gunned down. So, my retard brother decided to take up his water pistol and try to shoot something. Of course, he died. Taking all of my inheritance with him. Finally when I got here.... I actually had nothing. All of my father's friends were dead. Most of my friends, the guys I had grown up with, were dead. I had to talk to their kid brothers or some random cousin of theirs. The money my father had squirreled away for me to get a pretty grand start to this life. Gone. I really wished that I had something other than being a mobster to fall back on.

However, as time progressed, this world grew on me. Just like it did on my father and my other ancestors before him. Now, I can't think of a better life. 

Report Post Tip

Motivation is a great factor. Anything worth having is worth fighting for. My ancestors arrived here years ago and although it was a different era it was the same way of life. So by reading journals and continuing on their path I was able to get a good grip on how to adjust. It's not an easy way of life but it's simple.

Respect others, earn respect and know how to twirl a pistol.

With love <3

WideAwake

Report Post Tip

It must have been difficult for you Vladimir, and more of an intense situation when you first drew your eyes to the life that lay ahead of you. More intense that you had no way to turn back, and the inheritence and support you expected was nowhere to be seen.

I myself cannot liken my situation to that, because it was a long time since my forefathers took to the concrete jungle and the treasures and turmoils that lay within.

WideAwake speaks interesting words aswell. It seems despite the problems you knew you would have to face when you stepped off that boat, you had the motivation to adjust to this way of life.

Respect seems a paramount thing to have here, a by product attained by a mobsters ability to adjust from the past and into the future.

Report Post Tip

I understand you Vladimir , truly I do . As for me , I have been quietly living at the countryside being a mischief and racketting with the neighbors . My momma said that my papa had kissed her goodbye one day , told her to wait here at the country side and that he will return and will make sure that we will live peacefully , alas the war took his life before he could even retire . 

Then all of a sudden  CyrustheVirus knocks at our door , take one look at me and said "perfect . You are gonna be joining me . "

He saw my red hair and violet eyes, he said he was the direct descendant , of the cousin of the uncle twice remove or was it 4 times remove of that one guy that was residing in Philadelphia and he said about the story of my greatgreatgrandma raise to the who knows what power , said I have that violet eyes that turns any man's knee to jelly , his included. And that my hair must have been a result of my dad's Jace_Herondale ( God rest his soul ) fetishness with red haired . 

I explain to him that my papa will object as he have plans on retiring the world he had known but Cyrus will not hear any of that , blabbing about a promise made a long time ago. So here I am again in an adventure for who knows how it will end.

Report Post Tip

I wasn't exactly thrilled, more so, terrified. It wasn't long though, I learned you had to walk tall even with the presence of fear and death at every corner which was apparent..quite literally. I stumbled into the city shortly during the final volleys of this last great war. I saw many white man go down and many line the streets. 

I had no idea what was going on, or really why this was happening. Though, from my experience, from my own people. It was really any little thing that could set off such a large scale atrocity. It was just a rude awakening and rather violent introduction to these concrete jungles that have been constructed and riddled with lead, and, a violent introduction into this thing of ours.

During my wandering..and survival, I came across Cyrus. The man of opportunities and he generously extended me one. It was then that things started to fall into place and thanks to him, I've attained a solid footing in this culture.

Report Post Tip
Many many moons ago, the very first few members of the Pickles family came to the shores. It was a different time and place. They were utterly and completely lost. They fumbled around at stealing purses. People wandered the streets blaming some guy named Shuki for some random "it." Everyone worshiped a big blue bird. Every two days, another one of the Pickles clan was shot and killed. A wise man would have hopped back on the boat and run away, never to return. But, the Pickles never had that much sense. It wasn't until Mr. Pickles V was accepted into the family of Steel Dawn that they began to understand a little bit about what was going on, and live long enough to make it to the sage rank of Goomba!
Report Post Tip

A cold blooded killer approached a few friends on the street.

Charmed, my arrival was a little like yours. Cyrus approached me when I was fresh off the boat and introduced himself. Our conversation went like this:

Me: (pretended to be scared) You're the grandson of THAT GUY!

Him: (confused) What guy?

Me: The killer pickpocketing guy.

Then we laughed, chatted about business and agreed to work together in Detroit. After our conversation we went our separate ways and I walked around the busy streets listening to post war rants. On every street corner and in every coffee shop people were talking about shooting, killing and feeding fishes. Imagine my surprise. I was absolutely stunned!

Mikala smiled as she remembered the war stories.

All of the talk about murder was music to my ears. I'll never forget that day. It was the best day of my life. For a ruthless killer like me it was like dying and going to heaven.

Report Post Tip
Stepping onto the shores after the 'Great War', I could smell opportunity. The world as my father and his father before him knew it was all but a tale.

This is as good a time as any to establish yourself and make your plans for what you wish to achieve. I am excited and intrigued by what will become of these shores within the next few months and hope individuals who aspire to achieve great things can fulfill their goals.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Drunks, Skunks and Italian Punks
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL