Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 02:32:04
Page:  1 
Don't be set back Started by: Ignite on May 28, '13 22:00

I've found in my time here, that as bloodlines come and go... We are all a product of a learning curve.

We are like a machine. At first a blueprint, subject to the critiques of the manufacturing hands that shape us. These hands can be authority, or environment, sometimes war.

We sometimes have our plans scrapped at first sight. Written off as a no go. Thats alright. We change the plans of what we aspire to be, or the way we go about our aspirations, to fit in with the reality of adversity. We need to remember that whenever we are sent back to change our blueprints, we are given a chance to improve and edify our end product. We are not sent back to be condemned to nothing- quite the oposite- we are sent back to take another chance at becoming something.

Sometimes we have our plans set out straight and well... but the prototype is not quite what we expected. A malfunction or mishap that was overlooked, or even invisible to even the most diligent eye. Again, we must persevere.

I want to encourage all of you my friends to recognise and discern that if you feel your aspirations are being crushed or the blueprints of your desire are not manufacturing into profit, don't lose heart... but keep altering yourself in the best of ways and you will find the end result is far superior than even your wildest ideals could have envisioned.

I hope this has helped some people, I know I often need to remind myself of the need for perseverance, and the determination not to be set back by edification.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $250,000 Tip
Athena walks up and after listening starts clapping and says: Very very wise words spoken here by you today sir.
Report Post Tip

Thankyou for your kind words, Madam.

Report Post Tip

Although this is a very positive speech I fear you are slightly misled here...

"We are not sent back to be condemned to nothing- quite the oposite- we are sent back to take another chance at becoming something."

This is not always true (especially with the relatively small community we have), there are quite a few bloodlines here who would disagree with you if they weren't deeply undercover already. As much as we'd like this place to be, it is not a 'forgive and forget' world. I doubt even half the people here can truly forget another's history. There have been numerous cases of 'bloodlining' over the years, so much so that The Gods had to take measures to ensure lineages were not driven away from our shores.

Some people have a stigma attached to them that is not easily lost. There are a lot of dinosaurs (they might call themselves 'old-timers') here who cannot and will not move on and thus, bloodlines are condemned to anonymity...

...which is a true shame in some cases! =(

However, that being said I do believe the mobsters of this world ARE learning, we are evolving into giving people third, fourth and fifth chances. If we want our world to expand, more people need to come across this line and forget what someone's great great (times a million) grandpappy/mummy did.

Grudges kill drive and ambition, something we need plenty of for this world to flourish.

Report Post Tip

I completely agree Orithyia. 

I think we speak the same mind.

more people need to come across this line and forget what someone's great great (times a million) grandpappy/mummy did.

I am not suggesting that we should promote stubborness or unwillingness to change. Quite the opposite, those that do not progress do not learn... In this case as you have mentioned people refusing to forget the actions of their bloodlines.

Those that do progress learn from their mistakes and the mistakes of their ancestors, and therefore change to pursue their path in this world. They are not cut down to nothing, but rather step back and take a look at their mistakes, and correct them. As it is for all of us, if we were unable to learn we would neither be here nor there... So I encourage you not to be set back, but to learn from the past, be shaped by your experience and drive on to your aspirations.

I hope you don't misunderstand my words, but thankyou for your thoughts Orithyia.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Don't be set back
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL