Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 01:54:11
Page:  1 
A New Era? Started by: SendMeNoodz on May 30, '13 10:44

Our new leaders all demand respect, but why should we respect those that don't respect us? 

At some point in time we have all lost a close relative, we have all mourned over the loss of a loved one, yet its only been in very recent times we have a stream of disrespect in someones loved ones funeral that's been rewarded and not punished. The Godfather Cpt-Harris and others have been made aware of some of the vile things people have said in the funerals and yet those that have pissed on graves have been rewarded with rank and positions. 

A lot of the leaders have bloodlines that go back generations, they know the 'unspoken' rules. Apparently the old rules no longer apply and being disrespectful is now perfectly acceptable.

A few examples of what I'm talking about when I say disrespect and grave pissing...

Example one

Farewell Good bye GOOD RIDDENCE

Example two

While sitting at a friends house enjoying a cold glass of lemonade and some BBQ TokyoZombi smiled. It was a good day for friends, drinks, good foods and a little warmth of a fire. Though, she did have a feeling she was suppose to be some where else.

Is there somewhere I'm suppose to be today friends?

She asked, at the feeling of forgetting her keys at home.

"Whitey died today....did you want to go to his funeral?" They replied. TokyoZombi looked down at her BBQ chicken and then over at the fire. She then started to laugh, a good laugh. One that you share with friends over a funny story and realize that you are exactly where you should be with the right people.

Example three

About time you died Good Riddance

Example four

DING DONG THE BITCH IS DEAD \o/

Example five

Gunna cry about this one now????? You moaned like a bitch over WB death got fucking riddence

*MONG*

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $300,000 Tip

Why so much dancing around the subject? Why not name the names? You my friend are whats commonly known as a drama queen.

You have a problem with certain leaders then come out and say it, don't dress it up and blanket blame the entire crop of leaders.

Report Post Tip

Oops. I also forgot to add;

yet its only been in very recent times we have a stream of disrespect in someones loved ones funeral that's been rewarded and not punished.

Thats nonsense. A former CL under DeadlySin was rewarded with his own City, Chicago. This despite the fact he was constantly guilty of a crime that I find disgusting, grave pissing. He continued his efforts even when he rose to Godfather of the City.

So to start throwing around comments about this being new, is wrong. It's always been an issue. Just that now things aren't the way that some would like, it's cool to try and pin these old issues as being new issues.

I would like for attitudes to change and for these kind of antics to cease. I get the impression though that you could care less about the antics and care more about trying to have a go at those involved. Which to me, makes you as bad as those that committed the acts in the first place, you're using these acts to try and paint people in a bad light and its boring.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $300,000 Tip

Dom, you're right in the sense that this conduct is not limited to very recent times, but it hasn't always been an issue. There was a time when disrespecting a grave brought immediate death. Even city bosses were taken down by other families when the offense was committed.  This all started to change in the time of Roman, when the two most powerful bosses of that time were often seen pissing on graves.  People hated it, but nothing could be done because no one had the power to oppose them.  Since that time, grave pissing has been practically accepted by the establishment.

Since this is a new era, it would be nice to see the old ways of respect brought back.  The current bosses could leave that change as their mark on the world, if they felt strongly enough about it.

Report Post Tip
i dont respect our leaders because they demand it. i respect them because they earned it. i have been under Alucard and Cpt-Harris for a long time now and i would die for them if i ever had to. i have done it before and i will do it again.
Report Post Tip

I have to say I disagree with disrespect at funerals. Its not only a cheap way to dig at a mobster over his corpse, but says more about those commiting the disrespect than the body that lays silently in the coffin.

I could go into how there is no honour gained by taunting a dead body, or hurling insults at someone who can't do anything back. Why would you even want to bother insulting a corpse anyway? Let alone speaking profanities on holy ground!

We are not mindless hoodlums who spit like llamas and hock out profanities like they were free to use. We are organised criminals, each upholding a code of conduct that reflects the various family we are employed by. We have a responsibility to behave in a certain way, usually if we fail to uphold this then it can cost our own lives, or otherwise our prestige and respect in the eyes of others.

Neither is something I'll be willing to lose over a loose tongue that spits venom on the deaf ears of a dead man.

But I don't think that is what this is about, truly.

I get the impression though that you could care less about the antics and care more about trying to have a go at those involved. 

I also get this impression, unfortunately. 

Report Post Tip
for those that do not know, slandering a mobster at his funeral is punishable by death in most families.
Report Post Tip

I would like to address a couple of your comments.

First, I see some people saying that this was done often in the past - and unpunished. You're wrong. There's not much more I can say about it frankly. Having been around during the last reign, I know that every single time there was a 'gravepissing' incident - The person that committed that act was killed. Every time. Even in the times where people were constantly going rogue and shooting innocent people to 'prove a point'. How do I know this? My father had to see his own friend die for funeral disrespect. 

The second point I would like to address is that I am taking a shot at the leaders, trying to be a shit-stirrer, whatever. That's not true, there are many pot-shots I could take at the current administration - and I've sat silently. When I see people posting these terribly insensitive things in funerals of men and women I find in high regard - I will not remain silent. You want me to name names? Take a stroll through the cemetery and see the disrespect for yourself. I have faith you will find it.

As for some of you saying I'm pinning this issue on this new crop of leaders, you're damn right I am. This practice was never accepted and was always grounds for death. 

And Dom, I don't know what you're referencing. Shit, talk about dancing around the subject! 'A former CL under deadlysin who was awarded with the city of CH' SquidMaster? Is that who? Talk about old news bud - The guy's been dead for a while... His great grandson is Frank_Sinatra's RHM maybe he wants to defend his bloodline???

Finally, about me caring more about the current crop of 'leaders' than the antics. You're right. This thread isn't about the antics - it's about the current leaders' inability or more accurately unwillingness to correct the issue. As for squidmaster? Shit, let me dig him out of his grave, get him in a crew, and demote him. No problem.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $350,000 Tip

I'll say it again, disrespect at a funeral towards the deceased is unnaceptable. There are no exceptions, for the reasons I have stated above... and on that particular point I agree with you wholeheartedly.

However to blame it on the current leadership seems rash in the most forgiving respects. 

for those that do not know, slandering a mobster at his funeral is punishable by death in most families.

This is and has been the case for as long as I can remember.

Report Post Tip

First, I see some people saying that this was done often in the past - and unpunished. You're wrong. There's not much more I can say about it frankly. Having been around during the last reign, I know that every single time there was a 'gravepissing' incident - The person that committed that act was killed. Every time. Even in the times where people were constantly going rogue and shooting innocent people to 'prove a point'. How do I know this? My father had to see his own friend die for funeral disrespect. 

Sadly, you are the one wrong here. One of the people quoted in  the original discussion is a family member of someone that was wronged in the past. The person that pissed on their family members grave went unpunished. This person was in the upper structure of Philly at the time.

To try and pretend this issue hasn't been around for a long time is quite frankly insulting. I can't stand people pissing on graves, in fact the very person I'm talking about was one of the first to hear from me when it happend as he knows I don't like it. His bloodline has had to take it on the chin many times in the past as people pissed on their graves because said people were untouchable, they were untouchable because DeadlySin had their back. He pissed on DeadlySins grave and you've quoted him for it. - Now I am not for one second saying his actions are justified, I still don't agree with grave pissing for any reason, but I can certainly appreciate why he did it.

And Dom, I don't know what you're referencing. Shit, talk about dancing around the subject! 'A former CL under deadlysin who was awarded with the city of CH' SquidMaster? Is that who? Talk about old news bud - The guy's been dead for a while... His great grandson is Frank_Sinatra's RHM maybe he wants to defend his bloodline???

I don't really care about his grandson. Squidmaster and his grandson are not the same person. The fact remains Squidmaster pissed on graves on a number of occasions, I know because it was witnessed by my own bloodline. However Squidmaster was simply an example, he was by no means the only culprit and I did not mention him so as to sully the mans name, you pointed the blame at the door of the current leadership for an issue that stems back far longer, as you said, squidmaster has been dead so long he's old news, so why is the problem of grave pissing "new" news? It's not. It's a problem that has been around for a long time, too long I agree, but it's by no means the fault of the current leadership.

I hope however that you having brought it up does highlight the issue to the current leadership and gives them the chance to ensure that from this point on they deal with these issues accordingly; but to already pass the blame to them is simply laughable.

Report Post Tip

I hope however that you having brought it up does highlight the issue to the current leadership and gives them the chance to ensure that from this point on they deal with these issues accordingly; but to already pass the blame to them is simply laughable.

That's the point of many of who have spoken up and have made more than valid points about whats been going on from their selection of auths to letting things slide by. Hope that after these topics have been brought up, things may change. To simply go ahead and say that they may deal with these issues accordingly after being told the what and the how is what is actually laughable.

Report Post Tip

The fact of the matter is, leadership decides when and where and ultimately, WHAT to enforce as they see fit. There is a reason the people at the top, are there. Whether it be from fighting hard in a war and valiantly being awarded with a spotlight, or hiding behind pro's from people that WANT to protect you to see you succeed, in the end everyone that lives, succeeds. 

After the last war our shores endured, I can understand how a lot of animosities and judgments will be brought over and carried on. People are almost jumping at the seems to see the drama put forth after the magnitude of that movement and everything it brought with it. Now, there ARE certain rules that have come down through the ages that have always been enforced, such as grave pissing.

My father, SquidMaster, was a great man and a great mentor. It was his time to leave these shores the day that he did. He didn't hold any ill fate towards these people here, he moved the hell on to more important things in the big sky. 

When it comes to leadership, pissing in graves, and ridiculing people at their graves; The truth is A LOT OF THINGS HAPPEN BEHIND CLOSED DOORS that people don't see. Now this isn't always the case, as many know. However, if people have an issue with the way people carry themselves, the way they talk and overall just the way they are, do something about it. Not everything can be held in and just "allowed to roll off", as a leader sometimes speaking up for your city and yourself, is pertinent. If it comes down to something that many see as unfit, like I have said, they will usually die. 

Let's go to an example, oh I don't know; how about burning a body in the middle of a street? (I wonder what happened after that?)

Just like every single person who has had more than one ancestor on these shores, everyone dies, everyone has the ability to make something of themselves. It's how we accomplish said goals, and how we learn to play "chess" with others personal lives in order to make this thing of ours so successful on a day to day basis. 

So in conclusion, when it comes to leadership being there, you are nothing; they are everything. If you want it changed, the aged saying of "rank up and do something about it" comes into play. The leaders will do as they please as they see fit. If this community see's something a Godfather does as wrong, what usually ends up happening at some point? They die, just like everyone else. It's not their fault they played the cards correctly and got somewhere you're not, in order to make a difference.

After all, if literally EVERYONE died and the last man standing with any type of murdering ability were standing, and they began grave pissing left and right; what do you think would happen? You would rank up, and do something about it. 

It's sad that people need to use examples from months ago to just kick and scream about something that's happened today. It only proves that the point you're trying to make, doesn't happen often :/

Report Post Tip

It's sad that people need to use examples from months ago to just kick and scream about something that's happened today. It only proves that the point you're trying to make, doesn't happen often :/

Now, you do realize, that the person that brought that up... was pretty much on your side of the argument? 

Report Post Tip

"Grave pissing" is not okay in my eyes. My family knows that and it is part of my rules set, if you cannot hold your tongue then don't go simple. After the war there was a lot of people not housed and I wonder were most of these actions done by non sponsored people maybe? It is unacceptable and should never be okay.

Report Post Tip

SendMeNoodz, it doesn't matter to me what side of the argument people are on, the fact is people beat subjects to death in the streets over and over using examples from months ago to contradict what's happening now, people need new things to bitch about was my point. 

Report Post Tip

This is one of my personal pet hates, there is just no need for it.

If anyone from ILB did this they would shortly be following them to the graveyard. Our rules clearly state that if you feel you cannot be respectful at funerals, do NOT attend them.

There is no 'bend' on the rule in my eyes, if a mobster is pathetic enough to be 'pissing in funerals' then how much lower could they go? A worrying thought... =/

Report Post Tip

This is something that's just reoccurring, it'll probably never become extinct just like our ways in this thing of ours. It's brash and very unbecoming of a human when you see if from a third person point of view. Though, put yourself in that persons shoe, the one raining down on the funeral. There's a lot of emotion and violent passion in their words, it's all a part of this sort of life.

We're all not the best Samaritans, we're criminals, we've all conducted petty crimes and even felonies.. Hell, I'm willing to bet the majority of you have put a bullet through a vagrant or two.

Is it disrespectful to rain down on a dead man or womans funeral? Absolutely. Sometimes the same hateful passion and violent emotion that leads us to pull the trigger, ending their career in the first place, trails us as we look down upon them at their grave. This is clearly seen by Tyler Durdens victims as well as those who make an attempt on those corrupt officers.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A New Era?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL