Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 23:23:31
Page:  1 
You Add To This Story Started by: Zdeno_Chara on May 31, '13 07:35

It was 2 AM in PHI and Zdeno had just emerged from a Speak Easy in the downtown area of PHI With his fellow Family members Lush and Advantage. The 3 of them had a long day flying between NY and PHI, as Zdeno was only a Goomba, a nobody trying fill some very big shoes that his Grandfather Aang had left him, and Advantage and Lush were showing this noob Mobster the ropes. Times were rough as the economy had crashed 5 years ago and had showed very little sign of improvement to this very day, and the recent war that claimed the life of his Grandfather didn't help things either.  But still they manged to find a way between the 3 of them to keep the family going. 

the 3 of them were so hammered that they had to have all their CA's on call in case they got arrested for being under the influence of Alcohol and having possession of the illegal substance. Hell Zdeno enjoyed the adrenaline rush that night, everything was always more fun for him when it was illegal to do it. That is what made life so interesting. It wasn't long before Zdeno's gut instinct kicked in before he was ducking behind a car as a couple rogue gangsters had drove buy spraying bullets in his general direction, at the same time drawing his gun. He didnt get any shots off but after that incident the 3 of them rushed back to the hotel to prepare for their return to Chicago.

Report Post Tip
It was a hot night for spring. The thick Philly air filled his nostrils with the scent of fumes from passing vehicles and the smoke from the cigarette in his right hand. Nothing is more enjoyable after a long night of drinking than a drag from a freshly rolled smoke. Sadly, this cigarette wasn't for his enjoyment but to calm his nerves after such an event. 'Who were those guys?' he thought to himself as he stamped out his smoke.

Turning to the others, he places a hand on Zdeno's shoulder and glances over at Lush "Are you two okay? No one was hit, right? Advantage pulls open his jacket to check for any blood stains against his shirt. Everything seems to be in order.

Eyes locked with Lush's he gives her a reassuring nod, not that she needed it. There stood one tough broad. Strong enough to do any mans job yet had a particular beauty about her, one to make a flapper envious. As she stood below the street light, a glimmer flickered from the persperation accumulated in our run. With a hankerchief that she removed from Zdeno's breast pocket of his jacket, she wipes her brow and neck.

"Ugh...ewww... you can keep that." Zdeno revolts as she attempts to return it. I let out a chuckle at the site. Zdeno tended to show his maturity in such manners. You couldn't hold it against the kid. He was young, eager, ready to take on the world one 7-11 at a time. He was barely old enough to have felt the tender touch of a woman let alone hold a sweaty hanky for her.

"Haha... come on guys, we had better get inside before our luck runs out."

Holding open the door, he guides the overly intoxicated young gun in with a hand to his back then steps aside for Lush to follow through the open door
Report Post Tip

It took a minute for the events that happened 15 minutes ago to sink in. It was Zdeno's first near death experience and it was at the hands of rogues, of all people. Because he was hammered and in somewhat of a daze after the attempted drive by, Advantage had to grab him by the back of his shirt to keep him from stumbling into the middle of the road, and guided him into the Hotel and ushered Lush in before entering himself. The lobby was very large and advanced for its time. it had 6 golden chandeliers hanging from the ceiling and the front counter was made of oak wood and had a granite top. The rugs were red with black stripes and the railings matched the hard wood flooring that is in present day housing. 

After 15 minutes of deep thought Zdeno turned and looked at his comrades and the only words he could make out was " oh shit! $5000 is missing from today's earnings! The Boss is gonna kill me! Not to mention the fact that all 3 of us just damn near died! How the fuck am i going to explain this to Alucard?"

After a long pause, Zdeno continued on..." My Grandfather Aang told me stories of things like this but i thought at the time he was trying to scare out of joining this life of crime. Oh fuck, fuck, FUCK! Never have i been so careless with my money......"

After about 10 minutes of ranting Advantage spoke up, cutting Zdeno off in mid-sentence. " Zdeno, shut the fuck up! you dont worry about that shit! I am about to call the boss and tell him we are coming back early and explain what happened! In the mean time get your shit together we leave for the Airport in 10 minutes!"

Advantage was placed in charge of our mission. he was not only the highest ranking but he was feared by many. if you looked at him up and down for the first time you would mistake for a Bodyguard because of his size. he was about 6'5'' and weighed roughly 200 pounds and word on the street was his father was a well respected Crew Leader in Las Vegas. Advantage wasnt the kind of man to take your bull shit but he would lend you his hand in an instant, and most of all i heard tell that the boss held him in high esteem because of his families over all reputation of being leaders. 

After the 10 minutes was up Advantage came back with some good and bad news. " alright guys Ill start with the bad news first, i wasnt able to get the boss on the phone, he is in a meeting with Godfather Harris at the present time. The good news is i booked us a flight to Chicago, whe have 1 hour to get to the Airport.

Report Post Tip
After bringing back the reigns of his young buck, Advantage removes his jacket and hangs it on the door of the washroom as he enters and closes it behind him. He had hid the wound well to this point. Scaring his team was the last thing he wanted to do so he kept it to himself. Carefully removing his shirt, the damage was revealed. Was it life threatening? No. Did it hurt like hell? Absolutely. Some prick attempted to take his life and stirred up a hornets nest.

His call home didn't go over so well. Not because Alucard gave a damn about Zdeno's chump change but because of carelessness.
"For fucks sake Advantage," The words still rang fresh in his ear "I made you a fucking capo and put you in charge of that trip for one fucking reason, experience! How could you be so god damn careless? Tonight you didn't just put your life on the line....". his voice faded out to a momemt of silence then returned with soother, caring tone , he had regained his composure "but everyone is fine? Good come home we will speak then and deal with this matter accordingly."

Advantage finished dressing his wound. It burned deeply under the bandage. He would have to see a doctor on his own time. For now, his only concern was getting everyone home without further incident. Retrieving a new shirt he put it on gently. Before removing his jacket from the hanger he examined the bullet hole. Thoughts of some quick patch work or just buying a new one altogether had crossed his mind. Then again maybe this could be his daily reminder of what could really happen when you let your guard down for even a moment.

"Are you two about ready?" he calls from the washroom 'Its about that time."
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: You Add To This Story
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL