Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 08:25:46
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Nothing more than wack. Started by: qwer on Jun 01, '13 12:59

I dont see this game evolving in any other way than a shooting game. There aren't many functions within the game that allow one to build a character of importance that are nearly as dominate as your gun. Even if you had every other stat 1000% times better than any other player if your wack stat wasnt as good you'd be of little importance.

I want to see more ways to be involved in the game. I often want to play but not train a gun. That lasts about 5 days because what the hell else is there to do? When I'm not training a gun I tend to spend more time on IRC than in game because its honestly boring. Why cant I be a crooked cop, lawyer, officer, bootlegger, or any of the numerous other positions required to run an organized crime syndicate. Why do I always have to be a thug that handles the dirty business?

Report Post Tip
What I want are protectiom rackets and other illegal profitable businesses players run. Real mobsters don't rob post offices when they establish themselves as more than thugs.

Now that I think about it, the idea of being able to be just about anyone from a lowlife thug to a corrupt judge is really attractive. This is a rpg anyway.
Report Post Tip

There are many things players can do if they develop the initiative to do it.  Not everything needs to be coded into the game.

Report Post Tip

As it turns out, you're not entirely correct in your premise. There are stats in this game worth improving, like vision and picking pockets. If you don't understand why these skills are valuable, then I'm afraid you have a bit more to learn before you call every other stat worthless. And even if you don't train a gun, that doesn't mean you are "of little importance". It just means your purpose is elsewhere. In this state of the game, money is king. If you earn better than everyone else in your crew, I'd say you're pretty damn important.

Also, if you find that nothing else interests you in the game apart from shooting things, then perhaps you haven't totally explored everything available to you here. There are sites on the internet where they literally play games only with a forum. We have forums, features, and a great admin staff. I'm sure you can think of something.

Despite the somewhat ignorant premise, you do have a point. Guns are massively important in the game, but is that not realistic? I would say that the ability of a gang or crew to prosecute their territory hinges on killing and intimidation. You may get by without it, but the importance of guns is pretty realistic.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

The number one thing in the game is power.  Power can come in many different flavors - money, fear, information, favors, reputation, and so on.  There are people in the game who have absolutely 0 gun, yet can make anyone dead with a simple nod of their head.  The more button clicking features we put into the game, the less the social aspect of it can be worked to obtain power.  The gun is there to compensate for people who do not have the social network to get things done for them and have to do all the work themselves.  This isn't a knock against people with huge guns, its just that the desired result of being a godfather is to sit back, enjoy yourself, and let others do your work for you.

Report Post Tip

With that being said, there are features in the works that are being built to make the game more interactive without taking away from the social necessity side of the game.  When we come up with features and implement them,  its a hard and long road to travel, because most ideas that appear good on paper - would slowly dissolve the very important social aspect of the game.

Report Post Tip

But what about protection rackets? Mobsters are still businessmen, although dealing in crime. You don't become a true mobster if you don't shake down a store.

Report Post Tip

So go to your Business District and show some muscle. Threaten to disrupt their businesses if they do not pay up. This can be role played and has been done in the past.

Report Post Tip
I saw things like that occur. But usually Anonymous appears and kicks the violator out. I'm thinking it to be a part of gameplay where, for example, districts have several businesses in them leveling from a convenience store to a fancy restaurant that could work the same way as DFPs. That way the wars could involve more turf fighting than just wack. For example, you wish to attack family X. Instead of just shooting you could go to one of their districts and trash or take over a profitable business of theirs. Or set up your own criminal oeration there and steal their turf. That would be very interesting and fun imo and the way things are now you can't just roleplay it in the forum.
Report Post Tip

Nello has a point. usually when someone tries that kind of stunt, the owner of the buisness uses the boot poster thing, and thats that. frankly, once you give buisness forum owners that power, they have the ultimate set-up in their own buisness. no roleplay that the owner does not like is possible.

Report Post Tip

Or you could get a friend to set up a business, and you RP it out like that. That's how most people do street threads. A lot of times they will go in with the intentions of their friend doing the next part and they will go back and forth for a bit. Do the same with the business district. As TriggerHappy said, if you have the initiative to do it, more than likely you'll find a way to actually do it.

Report Post Tip
It isn't really fun to roleplay against a friend, since there's no competition there, plus it's not realistic for you to attack your friend's business. As I said, some things work much better when part of actual game than the forum. Let's take petties for example. Imagine everyone posting a post or a thread roleplaying the petty. It wouldn't work.
Report Post Tip
I see your point Nello.. not too sure how to fix it, but the game is not really set up to do this and stuff. And someone can RP all day long but without a good gun or tons of bodyguards they wake up in a puddle of blood during a war first thing typically. Not too sure how to fix it as it involves an entire revamp and stuff.. Its easy to tell people to go RP it out but thats only fun for so long
Report Post Tip

Well we already have DFPs, so why not have other businesses?

Report Post Tip

Roleplaying a petty would be just fine if there was an RNG embedded into every post. This is the problem I have with MR's definition of roleplay. It isn't really roleplaying -_-  It is telling a story in character. Roleplaying to me is where you attempt to perform an action, and the dice tell you whether or not you can do it.

Here, the 'roleplay' can only go as far as the people telling the story. If there was an RNG embedded into every RP thread, it would make things more interesting, and I believe it would bring more people into RP because it's not just 'joeblow says he does this'.

(Yes, I understand there are other forms of 'role' play. I'm not talking about romancing your significant other or cybering.)

The only thing that makes an RPG, an RPG, is the RNG ;) Or, a bag full of dice back in my day.

Report Post Tip

Multiple people have said my original statement was ignorant or just wrong. Even an admin. Well, you both have proved me right. You both admit that when it comes down to it, the only way for a player to remove another player is by someone having a big gun. You can pay off a big gun and dont have to have one on your own but now that big gun is getting paid. When it comes down to it, this game is ran by guns and nothing else. Money is just a way to facilitate negotiations of said guns and the guns themselves are the power. So while I will agree that yes power rules the game but the ultimate power being a gun.

We've seen in previous situations a player having to pay to off another. Its happened a lot. And every single time I can think of that player was later killed by the same big gun. so....where is the real power? within the big gun.

Report Post Tip

Also, I'm glad this got the attention it has. Glad to see people talking about forums and more features.

Report Post Tip

I disagree that guns rule all. Big Guns help win wars. Proers with little guns win wars. Ask Cpt_Harris if it was his gun or his well organized proers that kept him alive. Bet a dollar to a donut he say's the latter.

And if I am wrong, man I got some good donuts.

Report Post Tip

The point of a pro wacker is to protect the most valuable assests, big guns. So yes, pro wackers win wars. big guns rule the game.

Report Post Tip

You can have the biggest gun in the game, and no proers willing to die for you, and your gun isnt shit. You can have your one shot. It's one shot.

Of course I know no huge gun isn't going to have proers, but, the point I am trying to make is it isn't just the gun.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Nothing more than wack.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL