Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 23:56:43
Page:  1 
The need for patience Started by: Ignite on Jun 01, '13 21:05

Patience is a virtue. It really is.

Patience tempers our irrational thoughts and hones our understanding of a situation. It also births discipline and is the soul mate of caution.

Patience is the neutraliser of complacency and the rebuke of inept reaction.

I understand in this time of turbulence patience is something that is in short supply. We all crave to see the city rebuilt and re established. I'm sure, not everyone, is as keen for that goal as others; but the many of us here share this common denominator.

I feel that at a time like this, there is a special call for patience.

We have gone through a transition that has left its handprint upon this thing of ours, and has left many of us waiting, watching, and wondering.

Only by patience, and the trust in each other can we hope to temper this aftermath and to build forward and progress to a new level. I for one have my eyes set ahead to the future, patiently awaiting what it has to offer.

I hope my brothers and sisters here can empathise with me when I say that at times like these, the call for patience is one that rings out for all of us; and one that we should diligently accept in order for us to more comfortably push on through and re establish the glory that our cities deserve, and will be ammended, in the days to come.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

You definitely have a way with words. Natural wordsmith. 

Report Post Tip

I've never been a fan of utopias. I'm not sure if it was because I was too skeptical or not naive enough, but I've never been drawn to them in any form. Some may say that we had a utopia before the war. People could speak freely, earn well, and advance their position in any city. Apart from a few hiccups here and there, it seemed pretty great. But I disagree. It was stale as shit and spoiling. The war has given us a chance to truly change the way this world operates. In my opinion, patience will only put as back where we were.

Patience is what stopped everyone from going to war when there were countless errors and mistakes that cost many lives in every city. Patience is what allowed the former ring of leaders construct empires of thousands of bodyguards that are still being slain, weeks after the war is over. Maybe your eyes are too focused on the future and you've forgotten the past. Patience killed this world, and Chicago had the URGENCY to make a change. Urgency and power. Those are the virtues we need resurrect, not patience.

Sure, patience and trust are necessary within an HQ to keep things moving, but if that was your intention then you'd be giving this speech to those in your HQ, not the Streets. Should I be patient with the businesses I have under my thumb? Let em breathe easy for a while and not make a payment for a few weeks? Hell no. This world isn't about patience.

I appreciate your concern and the fact that you approach your speeches like a sage to his students, but I think this is one with which I'll have to disagree.

Report Post Tip

I respect your view, Thanatos... But the war is over. The memories may be fresh in the minds of those caught in the centre but Urgency and Power will not rebuild a city. I speak over the future, because the past is exactly that, and whilst there are times for urgency and power... I personally do not feel that those mandatory qualities of any well rounded mafioso should be put into action at this time.

I agree they are needed, tempered with experience, to be used in the ways that you have mentioned... but they have their time and place... as do all things.

I speak about patience towards the future and rebuilding, and I am by no means telling you how to run the businesses that you head. That choice is yours, and that is why you lead them and not me.

Thankyou for your feedback though, as always Thanatos.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The need for patience
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL