Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:02:34
Page:  1 
Tax Time Started by: Townslave on Jun 07, '13 11:57

Townslave researched through all the papers and none of it was making sense to him. There were far too many numbers and stuff just wasn't adding up. He paced around the room constantly scratching his head over it all. He looked at the dates everyone was turning in their taxes. All at different hours and days, there was strictly no order to the whole process. Thinking to himself if there really should be any type of rules defined when these taxes would be turned in. On top of all that how often should these taxes be collected.

Townslave took out a piece of paper and a pencil out of his desk and started to jot down a few notes on consistencies of a couple of test subjects he had randomly selected. Studying every aspect that he thought just might solve this dilemna. Using his hand with the pencil still between his fingers he pointed and counted the money on the desk. 

"There is just no way to get a grasp on this concept. It doesn't make any sense to me, what do I do?"

Grabbing his keys from the drawer he rushed out to his car and drove into the city. Chicago potentially could have the answer. He took all the shortcuts he could to get to the center of the city and entered the building where he could speak out and receive input, City Hall. Townslave reserved a room in City Hall for this special occasion. Rushing into the room he could see everyone from town came to this meeting he had scheduled earlier that week, mobsters from all over attended.

Bodyguards were stationed at the entrances and exits. After everyone had entered the room the bodyguards closed the doors so the meeting could start. ​Townslave walked up to the podium and began to express his opinions on the issue at hand.

"Now I know we have all have run into this issue with this new tax and I asked you all to come here on this very day for one reason. To combine our thoughts on how we think this should be handled. I want to know your ideas. What do you do? What have you thought of? How often do you pay these taxes?"

"I have recently been told from one of my inside sources that they really might try to throw me in jail for not paying this bullshit. I have faith my lawyers could get me out but this is just a nuisance. Is the Mayor going to have a cop come to my door everyday asking me to pay up?"

Townslave pauses from speaking and looks around the room to see everyone's face. 

"Also it seems banks are halting transactions and giving them a thorough investigation. I've told my members not to send up too many payments in the same time when they turn in their share they have to contribute for protection. I've been told to let at least 20 hours pass before the first payment clears to send another from my consultants. How often should my associates send up these payments?"

"I'm tired of hearing my own voice, what do you all think?"

Townslave pointed out to all his peers.

Report Post Tip

As a representative authorized to speak on the Mayors behalf, I come to you with this info.  The Mayor's most precious resource is his time.  He will not even bat an eye in your direction until you owe him 5 mill.  At the 5 mill mark, you'll start having a chance to run into the Mayor's goon squad.

Report Post Tip

While committing a felony, Kattan comes to know about the meeting in the city hall. After inquiring further, he finds out that the meeting is about taxes. Since he is fond of everything that is related to money, Kattan decides to attend the meeting, and makes an entry in a piece of paper to remember it.

On the meeting day, Kattan comes to the city hall in time and takes up a vacant seat. Once everyone is gathered, Townslave begins to express his concerns with the new changes in the tax. Kattan listens to every sentence carefully. When Townslave stops to listen to comments from the attendants  Kattan raises to address every one who has gathered.

Kattan looks towards Townslave and says, "Thank you for calling this meeting and for inviting me."

He then continues, "I pay my taxes once a week. This frequency seems optimum to me, since I can know how much I worked in that week, and it also makes it easier on my family having to do less paper work with the bank." 

After pausing for a moment, Kattan continues, "The tricky thing about the new changes in the taxes is that, mobsters now have more control on how much they pay as taxes, and how they use this control is upto each mobster. If they abuse the so called control, and stops paying their taxes, it could irritate the boss and one could get in lot of trouble. I wonder how the current leaders are thinking about this and how things go forward from here."

Kattan looks really excited when he finish his point, "Exciting times ahead, really exciting".

Report Post Tip

An Anonymous figure spoke out and Townslave couldn't put a name with the face. There wasn't much interaction between the two of them and this was the first time he had ever seen this individual. Not phasing when he heard that he was speaking on behalf of the Mayor, himself. This information would be very crucial in the system, he would have to develop for another party, later.

After hearing the Mayor would be lenient, he could see multiple people in the room soften up their moods a little. Townslave let this Anonymous speaker finish.

"Thank you for attending this meeting with us. Any information is very helpful. I have to say I did not expect it."

Townslave smiled to the person and turned as Kattan had something to bring to his attention. Knowing Kattan's position he was more than welcome to his opinion on this matter. When he heard "Once a week" he made sure to watch the faces in the audience to see if this was also acceptable to them and what they though. Townslave thought once a week wasn't an issue.

He heard that Kattan had proposed that most bosses would be irritated with people not paying the tax in a timely fashion. As far as he knew there wasn't a position designed to keep up with all this paperwork just quite yet. This being a new tax he thought maybe that would open up a new position in families. When Kattan finished on the note of exciting times laid ahead, Townslave enunciated his thoughts on Kattan's opinion.

"I believe a week would work for most leaders out in the world so that wouldn't be too long of a time frame to pay up. Some leaders, however, might be more apt to buckle down and ask that the people they offer protection to, pay daily. If you ask me I think this should open up a new position in families all around, in fact we should call them Book Keepers. I have to agree if nothing else, these are very exciting times, indeed."

Townslave glanced out into the room to see if anyone else wanted to speak on the matter.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Tax Time
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL