Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 16:19:48
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Will this game still be around in 5 years? Started by: Tommy_Guns on Nov 21, '08 21:16

jinx mcluvin cuz he is lil bastard!!

Report Post Tip

Calling him a lil bastard is such an understatement....and you know it, McLuvin!

Report Post Tip

From my time playing this game,It has had a Loyal and dedicated following i cant see it dying off in a hurry unless a major fallout between the followers and coders happened.

Report Post Tip

This game will always be supported by code staff, or myself, for as long as there are users that login.  The game 5 years from now will undoubtedly look and feel very different as we slowly advance the game - but it will still be here. :)

Report Post Tip

Squishy et al have created a gaming narcotic...

people wean themselves off it, but they come back. If the platform and management is still here in five years, there'll be people playing it.

izzy, keep on truckin'

Kuku

Report Post Tip

flawed just nailed it. and I for one, would love to still be playing this in a decade or more.

Report Post Tip

i started playing in 2007 and the game hasn't changed that much, so why wouldn't it be in 5 years from now?

Report Post Tip

Yeah I started playing in like 2008 and it hasn't changed that much. Funny how this thread was started over five years ago

Report Post Tip

I have been here since 09 the game is the same just more fierce...

Report Post Tip

It's still here yay :)

Report Post Tip
I really should start looking at post dates. I've been reading everything until I discovered this dated back a lot years ago :)

It's interesting though, why this game is still here and based on the voting websites, a shitload of similar textbased games, all the way up to textbased fishing adventures. Falure. Your line just snapped. Oh, the thrill and suspense of pulling up your digital rod!

In the end, despite whatever theme, it's an awful lot like life. You sign up, have to go to school (gun training, petties and JBs) to become something and once you get there (Made, average shooter, you have 5 mill+), you're still pretty much nothing usually. There's always that 1% who actually holds the cards and catches the biggest fish or sends them swimmin' (depending on the game). It just needs taxes and it's life. Wait, what? There are taxes and we are expected to kickup large amounts from what we earn?

My point is, why do you choose this game, instead of putting on your Oculus Rift and swingin' on ropes through ancient temples carrying a rocket launcher and firing into the zombie infested area below and reload from last save point once you run out of ammo or crash into poisonous spikes lining the walls?
Report Post Tip

By the fact we are still here 5 years later, I am going to say yes.

Report Post Tip

For obvious reasons the answer is yes. I been around and this country (place) offers by far more ways to make a buck. I see another 5 years in the makings.

Report Post Tip

Anyone else kind off intrigued by the idea of Weebl's textbased fishing adventure?

Report Post Tip

I think the "fishing adventure" he speaks of is vaguely mentioning this uber fantastic fishing game that doesn't exist, seeing how much attention he can gather for it and then dashing our hopes by saying it's not real. Having lured in our dreams and out hopes, only to gut us with his fishing knife and fry us up for dinner.

Ev0l Weebl, ev0l.

Report Post Tip
Fishing adventure is a real game is called like "Sport Fishing" or something it's extremely boring
Report Post Tip
No, no, gents. It's really out there. Posting links, etcetera, might not be appreciated, nor clicked upon anyway, but it's there. Some games even say they combine fresh- and saltwater fishing in one! Although obviously you'd need to focus on a certain expertise.
Report Post Tip

Oculus Rift sounds like a lot of money, and this game is free. Also there's zombies sometimes, and once I'm pretty sure I met a squirrel, so all things considered that's a whole lot of content for no cash. Maybe that's why its still around? This game is pretty successful in quite a few voting sites, which I think helps too.

and one time I met a squirrel, did I mention that already?

Report Post Tip
I think it will be around in five years. This is a great game. The years I kept my eye on this place, even if I idnt enjoy it years ago, I always noticed more people played this game than the other mafia games I knew about. Rewind 10 years I wouldnt last more than three minutes playing this game. Fast forward to the present there is no way I would go back to the other mafia games I once played
Report Post Tip
If you still want the game here and got cash, Im sure Izzy will sell for the right price haha

Just better hire you some coders! Or I'll do it but I charge 250k/yr. ;)
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Will this game still be around in 5 years?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL