Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:45:08
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
The Motor City breakdown. Started by: Frank_Sinatra on Jun 10, '13 05:51

Sighing sadly she adds the ingredients to her favourite OOCitis vaccine and cookie recipes to her shopping list.

I must, MUST remember to pick this stuff up today. Apparently, the mild infection I thought was going around is turning into a very communicable strain of OOCitis that has the potential to reach epidemic numbers!  Oh, oh.. and boxes of tissues.. several boxes of tissues as there seem to be a lot of issues out there.

She whispers to her guards for a few moments.

An army is needed to fight this before too many become infected.. 

Grinning maniacally she shakes her head and gets all serious...

Face it, people died. For whatever reasons it was deemed necessary. All the bitching and moaning in the world isn't going to bring them back or change things. Someone fucked up, someone who ran a city.. That city was wiped out. This is the way shit works here. Our ancestors have seen it, lived it, died in it.. Most of them didn't come to the Streets crying about it. What use does it do? Brush off your knees and get the fuck up and make your parents and grandparents proud. 

The cities and districts will be run how those in charge feel they should be. It's that simple. They are the ones that make that decision. There was one Godfather in Detroit. That Godfather was the strongest leader there. That Godfather ran that city. That Godfather got his entire city killed.  

I have a solution to the problem.. Not just you know suggesting people get over it... BUT to RUB SOME BACON ON IT, because that'll do a fuckload more for their issues, moans, groans, and bitches than coming out to the Streets all OOCitis infected crying over what is now essentially spilled milk!

Report Post Tip

Who's getting Detroit now? Or do you guys plan to sit on your hands until the Gods appear and give you 12hrs to make something happen or lose the city for good?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Each district has every right to branch off on their own and, effectively, be their own city. There's no restrictions on allowing people to do that.

However, I have found that most people, don't want to be their own district. I have seen people given the choice, and turn it down, wanting to remain a completely unified city.

You can come out here and bitch and moan no end about a city being accountable for it's leaders mistake. It fucking should be! As I said before, you join that city, and you are with that leader until your last breath, end of.

If it was obvious that Faceman was his own district, then he would've been treated that way. It was in no way obvious that was the case though. Creep made the announcement that Faceman would be taking control of the district, if Creep had the authority to do that, he clearly owned the city, and not just his district. If the district was separate, Stormvind (who, by the way, joined Creep upon stepping down) would've announced the new top dog of the district.

All in all, your argument is severely flawed, Simplicity, and majority of it could've been avoided if you just took a second to think about what you were saying before you said it.

The reasons have been given for the war, for you to just shrug these off and assume that we just wanted some blood on our hands, well, it's ridiculous. Get a grip.

Report Post Tip

It's been less than 12 hours Falcon, I'm sure that once the dust settles they will make decisions..

She holds her handbag close to her hip, fingers idly tapping on its side thinking about the delicious cookie that was hidden inside.

Little bit anxious aren't you? Maybe quick to give the leaders a hard time about it? Patience is a virtue after all, even your ancestors showed that to an extreme amount at times. 

Would you rather they rush into making a decision about Detroit's future and give it to just anyone putting yourself and others at risk? Or would you rather them rest and make a good decision in regards to the city's future? There are more people to choose from now than there was when the future of New York was on the line, it's also been FAR less time than it was for them. So I do believe your verbal attack on the current leadership was a tad unwarranted.

Maybe, just maybe, you're holding onto a bit of bitterness that should have been sweetened up after a vacation before your arrival on these shores.  Give the leaders a bit of time and you may see they have learned from past mistakes, or they haven't.. But it is a bit soon to get on their asses about it.

She hands Falcon a bacon cookie and skips off to the shops to tend to her ingredient gathering before her most beloved Ziva gets back to the HQ to find the cookie jar has been robbed yet again.

Report Post Tip

It's funny that someone gripes about OOCitis when their own city hand does it too, but anyways.

It is hardly a unified city when Creep supposedly is planning all these take outs, but not a single person besides those spreading the rumors knew about it. Go figure?

And my argument isn't flawed, as I for one was talking to the RH of a crew that had informed me of these rumors, having told this RH that our district wasn't in cahoots with it. Even when our district head tried to talk to your very own Godfather about it, he denied it and continued to wipe the city out. 

This district even had their own upper-structure room, separate from Creep. So how does this show unified? Did your Godfather care? No. The charge continued and more people were shot.

I don't give two shits about these reasons. War is war, people die, la de da. I care about the fact that everyone was too bloodthirsty to sit back and think, "Hey, they had no part in this. We should let them live and continue to rebuild."

Yet, people are right on one thing. I can't change anything now, so complaining about it could possibly do nothing and most likely won't do anything because the winning side always buries what others say.

I just wanted to point out a flaw, districts stand for nothing.

So destroy my OOCitis how you may and bash me for what I say, but that is all I have for today.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I think the relationships between districts are still being felt out, so frankly it's not odd to find someone misjudge how different one district is from another. If the shoe were on the other foot and the two districts that Creep was not in "control "of were attacked, I imagine you'd sing a quite different tune ("Why didn't Creep help us?"). Creep was protecting Detroit, not just his district. If you really think that the districts were so separate then it would have been wise to make that clear before you got taken out.

But it would have been foolish to do such a thing. It would be foolish to disown and disunite from the guy who authed half the CLs in Detroit, so I suppose we made the mistake of thinking you weren't fools.

Report Post Tip

It's funny that someone gripes about OOCitis when their own city hand does it too, but anyways.

Sweetheart, it's time you start thinking it's all about you! I was in no way targeting just you with my interjections in reference to OOCitis infected people. It was a statement to all of those infected with it.  I'm sure Teofilo can feel my glare upon him for spreading his germy germs too, but he's man enough to take it on the chin and not shed tears about it.

Get your big girl panties on and stop moping and playing OOCitis Martyr. It doesn't suit you very well.  

However, now that you've decided to disregard the notice from City Hall in regards to what is acceptable and not acceptable behaviour in these Streets you've just proven that you're no better than those you have decided to shit talk.. Was that what you wished to achieve? You've made yourself a juicy little target for those of us that go around with masks on trying to avoid the bug you're spreading and  save others from being infected with it at the same time.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip
Report Post Tip

I PERSONALLLY THINK EACH CITY ITSELF HAS OPPORTUNITIES TO HAVE A GF........

Report Post Tip

You are correct jojo.. But not only does every city have the chance to be blessed with a Godfather, but every district in that city. How that city is run is up to the strongest leader(s) in that city. When that leader comes out and makes city announcements such as auths and stepdowns they paint themselves to be the beholder of the "One Ring to Rule That City". It's pretty simple. No one ever argued the conclusion that many came to that labeled Creep as being the person adorned with this jewel.

Also, I'd like to correct my previous statement in regards to Ms. Simplicity "starting" to think it's all about her, what I really meant to say is that it's time she STOPS thinking it's all about her.. Damn coffee I've been drinking since last night has be all jittery like Floury Tortoise when he sees a hubcap.  Woops?

Report Post Tip

While all the cries of foul play, moaning and whining are indeed quite loud and somehow unsettling, I dont feel need to comment on any of it. However, I would like to welcome back a notorious bloodline in this thing of ours, a legend, a champion to be reckoned with.

Grizz, welcome back you mighty, mighty beast! It was truly a dreadful day when your father got buried in his cold grave and my heart if filled with joy and happiness to see that the next of kin of the glorious Grizz family is stepping up to fill the void. Thank you and welcome back, you magnificent creature!

Report Post Tip

Was it really neccessary to get involved NY ,  Chi and Philly in wipping out DT? Congrats it was flawless victory really!

You guys say DT wanted to go in war, is there any proof about that really? Creep wasnt the best CL and Godfather , but I dont think he would make such a stupid plan to go against everyone with so weak city , it would be suicide mission, so I will have to agree with my friend Ice Cream that you did it , only because you wanted to. 

And even if Creep did made such a ignorant decision to go against other city while our own city was very very weak , was it really necessary to kill off whole city? Dont say we would be a threat because with our guns we could do nothing , you could just let someone else keep the city and kill off people which was involved in that plot, if that plot really existed , but I think its just a fake so you can set up new Godfathers in DT , train your gun and get even stronger while other players which was in DT have to start from begging , only because of your greed.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Motor City breakdown.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL